Twitch Plays Pokémon

It isn't about the destination, it is the journey and by helix what a journey it was.

I felt like this was a win during the end of the Bruno fight. Bruno was down to his Machamp and Helix left it with a sliver of health. Machamp then used submission taking out Helix but then knocking itself out in the process. Afterwards it was a clean sweep against Agatha. I think we then lost Air during Lance and the finale battle with Blue was the most clenching to watch. But Bird Jesus being swapped to sand attack in order for AA-J to finish was beautiful.

Sure it could have taken 6-7 turns with one person but that wasn't the point.
For me, I believed this was the win when Blue's Rhydon was taken down. Thunder spam would have worked fine for every other pokemon, but him. The sheer goal of getting Fonz out and using Surf with this much pressure on was an astounding feat.

AJ Downey
FdPiIov.jpg

If they set another copy of the game running at the same time but used a random generator for the moves - would be interesting to see if that got any further any faster.

I expect progress to be MUCH slower in the newer versions of pokemon than the original. The start menu is hugely more complex and more deeply layered, so every time they get in there, it lasts 4 or 5 times longer than it did during the first run, because more iterations of 'b' need to be successfully executed in a row to get out. Also, far fewer people understand the basic game progression of the new versions. Many more people will be lost as to what needs to be done next.

I expect progress to be MUCH slower in the newer versions of pokemon than the original. The start menu is hugely more complex and more deeply layered, so every time they get in there, it lasts 4 or 5 times longer than it did during the first run, because more iterations of 'b' need to be successfully executed in a row to get out.
If it gets REALLY bad the creator will throttle start. Hes done it in the past and we have very little need for it now that things like cut, surf, and strength can be done automatically. And since we have little use for items other then teaching Hms I wanna bet money it will be throttled very soon.

far fewer people understand the basic game progression of the new versions. Many more people will be lost as to what needs to be done next.
That I disagree with. I even had a friend when we were talking about this that said he knew more of what to do in Gold/Silver/Crystal then Red and Blue due to playing that more then the others. Also, Heartgold And Silversomething were some of the most popular and praised DS games and are up there with FireRed And LeafGreen. I feel it will be just as equal if not more then equal to the amount that know what to do.

Also, far fewer people understand the basic game progression of the new versions. Many more people will be lost as to what needs to be done next.
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I saw plenty of people trying to press a and use surf...

Most Pokemon fans nowadays will have played the newer games, and the newer games more recently than the original ones. There are plenty of people that haven't played the older games too.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I saw plenty of people trying to press a and use surf...

Most Pokemon fans nowadays will have played the newer games, and the newer games more recently than the original ones. There are plenty of people that haven't played the older games too.
Although I love Pokemon Yellow that interface for using HMs was asinine and I'll bet that their playtime will go up when you don't have to fucking go into your Pokemon Menu to use cut on a tree.

How does this even, I don't even.

So some guy made a song in 1999 called "I Wasted My Masterball On Freakin' Goldeen" 15 years before TPP would use a Master Ball accidentally on Goldeen. I can't even think of what the odds are for this.

Back