• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Umm... wut?

Ok, I tried deleting the .minecraft folder, then the rest of it... Once again I apologize for my lack of knowledge in computer stuff, so what all do I need to delete?

Yeah I got that... I went to Minecraft.net and downloaded the .exe file, do I need anything else? (well yeah obviously I need more than just the .exe...)

yes, you double click that exe and it teleports a new .minecraft folder and contents into your computer.
And there you have it, the only 2 things you need. The .exe and the .minecraft folder.

Ok well I started playing around with things, and deleted some crap, downloaded some crap, tried again, thought I had it, but now it says underneath the login button (Not downloaded!). Gah.

Ok, here is specifically what happens. When I open up Minecraft, the news fails to update. This has happened before, but I can usually just close out of it and re-open it and it's fine. When I click log in, it tells me it can't connect to minecraft.net. So I tried restarting my computer and my router. Same thing. I tried deleting the .minecraft file. Same thing. I tried deleting everything. Same thing. I re-downloaded everything, and when I opened up Minecraft, it said that I didn't have it downloaded. A little while later, I realized that my .minecraft file was empty. Then I realized I was tired as fuck and went to bed, and here we are now. Also, when I try and log in and play at minecraft.net, it starts to load but then the game screen goes black for a little then turns white. I'll take some pics here in a few minutes and I'll post them.

Back