• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

WAR Community map idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm that was what i was thinking, it would be unfair if you could lay traps all over the map, maybe limit the traps to each teams castle?

Or other buildings, like a gate in a giant wall, walk through, booya! dead!
We should be able to push in a pig or something right? :p

This is an interesting idea, but there's a bazillion issues that would need to be worked out - several which probably couldn't even be done easily through modding.

Hahaha I absolutely love this idea to... Granted as Wooty said, there would be a ton of issues, but if those can be conquered it would be an amazing game type =) Good-luck with the idea, and if Wooty accepts, good-luck with the bugs etc =p

Hahaha I absolutely love this idea to... Granted as Wooty said, there would be a ton of issues, but if those can be conquered it would be an amazing game type =) Good-luck with the idea, and if Wooty accepts, good-luck with the bugs etc =p

Thanks for your support aramat, i hope woot find to somehow implement this into the server, possible having a separate world that is entirely pvp.

Maybe we should take the time to set up the rules and map size and all of that in this thread and get it polished. I'm willing to bet if we do the bulk of that work, then the idea of modding this map would be a bit more appealing, since we've created some of the parameters needed and therefore taken out (hopefully) some of the guesswork that goes into modding.

Hmm, we should try and work out a map size, we dont want it to be big or small, somewere in the medium i suppose.

I think we should work around the idea that initially, the game itself will hold a max of 15 players per side, with there only being two sides. Given that parameter, a decent sized map would maybe be something about 1/3rd the size of the guest map in Classic, give-or-take. Something I'd like to know is if there would be an ability to build siege weapons. Trap building is a cool idea, but running into traps and dying would get old. Something tells me that the chances of actually running into an enemy player would be small if each side built only traps.

I think we should work around the idea that initially, the game itself will hold a max of 15 players per side, with there only being two sides. Given that parameter, a decent sized map would maybe be something about 1/3rd the size of the guest map in Classic, give-or-take. Something I'd like to know is if there would be an ability to build siege weapons. Trap building is a cool idea, but running into traps and dying would get old. Something tells me that the chances of actually running into an enemy player would be small if each side built only traps.

I tend to agree, Ive heard about siege engines and similar mods but i dont think you'd be able to add to only one map and not the other ones. or you could just limit the traps like say have 2 traps?

Also, roughly the same size as a classic map would be nice.

OK, let's say we use the Classic single player map for 30 players, just as a placeholder for now.

I think the idea of two traps per person would be good, that way someone doesn't place traps on every square in their castle/fort.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying when you say that we wouldn't be able to add the siege mod to just one map. Are you saying that players would be able to create siege weapons across all rooms in the current server? That seems...not very flexible if the server is unable to partition mods and other add-ons like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back