Weekly Debates

Which would you like to argue about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's the important things that have people interested in a topic, and willing to really show and talk about it. Light cherry topics are just any old thread.

This is relevant to my interests.

That's good. It's just a proposal - whilst in all rawness I do believe this, I don't want to cause offense or anything. It's a kiddy topic, but it really divides gamers, so I had a thought. Me and my other-than-Team9k-friend have entertaining verbal jousts on the subject.

I am prepared to agree and nod to any arguments against Terraria and shun the non-believers into the awesomeness and truth that these arguments will hold.
I will also preemptively respond to my own post with a fine piece of imagery:
Haters_Gonna_Hate.jpg

just cuz i think cats are awesome.

SO on topic here

I think some people do horrible enough things that they deserve to die. Sadly enough many of these people DON'T get the death penalty.

Second, a good friend of mine had a wife that died of cancer. By the time they found it, it was stage 5 colon cancer that was inoperable and incurable. The whole last two months of her life was the most painful and messed up thing (from my perspective) that I have ever known anyone to go through personally. When it gets to that point, people have the right to die IMO

anyone?

I'd rather debate about World War II battles, and what would've happened if they had different results. :doy:

Terraria is a cheap, 2-D port of Minecraft.

Just saw someone in my school playing Terraria - I agree with this statement. Minecraft's better by far.

Yeah, WW2 is pretty good. Also, we could discuss the social problems of the era.... E.g., Nazism, and stuff. But that may be a bit too controversial.

Hmmm, I know what you mean... If the Germans had one good trait, it was that they were very precise and organized.
I don't wnat to be rude or speaking back to my elders, or anything :gentlemen:
But I'd be careful what you say about Nazism. A bit contradictory, considering I raised this. The point being, it is a sore subject for many - including myself.

SO on topic here

I think some people do horrible enough things that they deserve to die. Sadly enough many of these people DON'T get the death penalty.

Second, a good friend of mine had a wife that died of cancer. By the time they found it, it was stage 5 colon cancer that was inoperable and incurable. The whole last two months of her life was the most painful and messed up thing (from my perspective) that I have ever known anyone to go through personally. When it gets to that point, people have the right to die IMO

anyone?
Good to see you're on topic, but hold on untill the poll is over.

I need to find out where Hitler got all his economically succesful reform ideas. Cuz he was AWESOME when it came to stuff management related, and not war/culture.
I'd rethink that, and please, to everyone, this is not about hitler, ww2, or anything, I'll be making another thread about the actual debate after the poll is completed.

I am very fickle in my games. I am not one to play many. But I am one to play few a lot. Minecraft is one of these, and some various RockStar Games are others (CJ FOOL). Another game consumes me as it is is in my head. It drives me crazy because of it's epicness but I am unable to create such a game. Games are friggin awesome, but I don't know if I can be bothered talking about them, so I will be out on this one. Should I play Terraria?

I don't know. From the knowledge of my friend, he says it is the best game ever. I am very sceptical of that.
It is a 2-D version of Minecraft with some significant differences.

Like Minecraft, the whole world is more or less infinite, and is made out of resource blocks, much like Minecraft.
Tools and weapons are numerous in Terraria, and do not wear out over time.
There is a money system in Terraria.
When you die, you do not lose your tools, only cash. However, cash is harder to obtain than tools.
There is a day-night cycle. Weak enemies appear during the day, and tough enemies appear at night. Like MInecraft, it is essential you have to build a house.
There are many different enemies in Terraria. There are also 'boss' creatures, such as Skeletron. These creatures are very difficult to defeat.
Much of the block types closely associated with Minecraft, such as obsidian, appear in Terraria.
One of Terraria's few saving graces is that lava and water behaves much more realistically in Terraria.

Terraria is a more RPG-style game. There are many different weapons to use, and there are more creatures to fight. You can even use magic.
Terraria, however, has poor gameplay. Blocks are much smaller in Terraria, and make building problematic.
Unlike Minecraft, which is purposely and ironically 8-bit, Terraria has very poor graphics, that are a bit kiddy. Building houses is significantly easier in Terraria, and the fact that tools do not wear out make it a very easy game. It is true that to fight a boss creature requires great skill. But on the whole, Terraria sits on the sidelines. It is not as sandbox, freerange or creative as Minecraft, but lacks the superb graphics and in-depth gameplay that fully-fledged RPG's have.

Just some thoughts. If you have already bought Minecraft, what's the point of shelling out for a game that is effectively a tinpot version of it?

In a 2D game it is much easier to animate water and lava realistically than in a 3D game.

That is true...

Another thing about Terraria... The world is not as big lengthwise as it is down. By that I mean that you can go down a really long way, mining in Terraria. However, lighting isn't as much of a problem in Terraria, so cave traversing is easier... And nowhere near as horrifying.
You have not experienced fear until you are spelunking in a massive cave, and all you can hear is the groans of zombies, the 'spa-droing' of a skeleton arrow being launched, or the 'ssssssssssss' of a creeper.

Back