What type of book genre do you read?

I read textbooks/Non fiction most of the time, currently reading Natgeo's entire "Atlas of World History" but I've read a lot of stuff on the subject matter of religion. Jewish texts (Including but not limited to the holocaust, more shit happened to Jews than Hitler.), The Quran, Mormon Pioneer Journals, other shit. I don't really get into fiction because I want to do whatever I read about and therefore Fiction just irritates me. Lots of how-to.

I don't read a whole lot,hell basically the time I did it the most was when I was in elementry school.But regarding the reading I do today,the genre that is my favorite pretty much just Non-Fiction in general.I never could get into Fantasy books or anything like that honestly.

I read textbooks/Non fiction most of the time, currently reading Natgeo's entire "Atlas of World History" but I've read a lot of stuff on the subject matter of religion. Jewish texts (Including but not limited to the holocaust, more shit happened to Jews than Hitler.), The Quran, Mormon Pioneer Journals, other shit. I don't really get into fiction because I want to do whatever I read about and therefore Fiction just irritates me. Lots of how-to.

pretty cool man, I read books on/about religion/religious texts, because I want to understand religions and their customs

I read erotic farming manuals and hardcore rock music. I also enjoy reading the occasional potato stew.

But seriously, I'm an avid reader of crime/murder books, mystery/fantasy stuff. Mostly the former but a fair amount of both. I really like books based off games I play. Not the 5000 and fucking 20 books from Warhammer, but mainly StarCraft, Warcraft, and Ass Creed.

I read comic books and a few graphic novels. I'm not that fast of a reader and I just find graphic novels and comics to be more entertaining.

Just finished Brightest Day: Green Arrow and I have plans on starting V for Vendetta, Watchmen or some Judge Dredd.

I read comic books and a few graphic novels. I'm not that fast of a reader and I just find graphic novels and comics to be more entertaining.

Just finished Brightest Day: Green Arrow and I have plans on starting V for Vendetta, Watchmen or some Judge Dredd.
Good picks to read. I am on the Warhammer 30k-40k kick and love the different themes for each of the factions.

I enjoy reading fiction:dark fairy tales with ambiguous endings because ooh spookyspooky. I also enjoy books with tragedies because I believe books capturing the essence of a universal moral is reflective of life and never normally contains happy endings in my opinion. If there is any happy ending out there, it's what lies after death in life. However, only in my lifespan will I never be able to be at peace. I'm always active and there's always things going on for me that aren't always "happy" let alone finding happiness in death itself. Sure, some points in stories must have happy-go-lucky moments, but not every time is that always the case. It just gives a more realistic perspective for me.

Really I love to read anything with action in it. Hardcore AWESOME action. But I do like Sci-Fi genre. My current favorite Author is Suzanne Collins, the person who wrote the Hunger Games trilogy (Breathtaking series btw). I love the Harry Potter series, read that as a child growing up. Also since it is coming to theaters soon, Ender's Game was a really great book (and the series is amazing).

Oh yeah I also read Shōnen manga. The ones like One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh!, DBZ, Bleach, Zatch Bell, etc. I always loved how manga versions are much more brutal than animes.

History or historical fiction. As long as it's not one about culture, because I don't find Greek olive oil pots even marginally as interesting as the states that made them.

Fantasy and Sci-fi.

The latest books I've read are all five of the currently out Song of Ice and Fire books (Game of Thrones). I read The Hobbit when I was in 6th Grade as well as finished up the last Harry Potter book. I took on Lord of the Rings in 8th Grade. That was also the time when I read both the Ender and the Shadow series by Orson Scott Card. I read the Hunger Games Trilogy and although it had a strong start, I absolutely despised the third book. Series that I haven't completed include the Gone series by Michael Grant and the Inheritance Saga by Christopher Paolini. When I'm not reading novels I sure love myself some encyclopedias and history books.

Books about all kinds of science. Astrophysics, Physics, Theoretical Physics, Science-Fiction, ummmmmm, yea :p

Putting aside fan-fiction, I really like mysteries and dystopian sort of books, I also enjoy reading my ancient/western civ history book and biology text books. And every book I read has to go onto my book shelf, so if I read it on a kindle, I go out and buy it for my book shelf. :D :D :D

I feel like I should update my post here, I got REALLY into reading the manga of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I can't say I read any other manga though.

wow, this was my own thread, and forgot it even existed :confused:

but anyway, i find myself reading textbooks and countries, their history, types of government they had, famous buildings, etc, etc...Mostly Russia and Germany

Back