When a man... hits a woman... or what I like to call... equality.

Companies do just fine paying health coverage here, and the premiums are drastically higher than the ones imposed by Obamacare. If you honestly believe that this is any sort of reason to cut wages, you are a fucking idiot and you lose all of my respect.
Businesses using that as an excuse to save money are full of shit, and I don't care who told you what. Every single company in Canada pays premiums for healthcare and health insurance. Every. Single. One. And they do just fine, without cutting hours or dropping wages.

Obamacare only affects the way an employer runs their business if they're fucking idiots. In which case, said business isn't gonna be doing much, and I'm honestly surprised it managed to stay open this long.
I've seen this happen on both the State/Public and Private level of employment. The student workers I supervise have complained so much about their restriction to the hours they can pick up here, because any more than 32 hours places them in the "full time" status.

meaning their employers would Have to offer them Obamacare, benefits, yadda yadda.

In previous years, I've had workers who can barely afford rent working full 40 hours a week at minimum wages, let alone do that AND be a full-time student. Now, they are being shafted even more by the businesses looking for areas to cut back on, and taking extra tight corners.

Unfortunately, companies DO cut hours here. Maybe Canadaland doesn't have as many greedy butts, I don't know, but here, people would rather have hours be cut so they don't have to give benefits than cut their own wages.

And its hurting a lot of their employees by limiting their eligibility for it (20 hours at two separate businesses still equates to 40 hours a week, but not enough for one or the other business to require that Obamacare offering), and adding extra costs and stresses to the employee (extra travel between different places, alternative healthcare payments, up-front costs in case healthcare is not paid for and something happens, etc.)

But I believe your point is saying that that's not due to Obamacare, which, I agree with you. Companies have long done that before Obamacare. They do do it more now, but that's a result of a poor economy and "Oh no, we can't afford as much as we can, better cut benefits so I don't have to lose my shiny <insert unnecessary item here>", not directly Obamacare.

Just curious, how much more "equal" can women get to men? Don't they both have the exact same rights from the Constitution? Same laws, same rules? If they are talking about things such as a male manager paying male workers more money than females, isn't that just the male manager's way of paying people? I mean, if the woman doesn't like how she gets paid, can't she just get another job? Also, I believe pro PRO feminists (arrest this man he is raping me with his eyes) to give legitimate arguements that can't easily be countered such as "put a retraint on men because they are rapist pigs". Clearly, they have no idea how males are also victims of rape. If I offended anyone, sorry, but seriously. If you're going to make a big deal about "equal rights for women", put up some easy to find and hard to counter arguements.

Alright, this post you've submitted made me so frustrated at your logic and lack of knowledge of the issue that I'm going to respond to it in depth.

Just curious, how much more "equal" can women get to men? Don't they both have the exact same rights from the Constitution? Same laws, same rules?
That doesn't mean woman are treated exactly like men in the real world.

David said:
If they are talking about things such as a male manager paying male workers more money than females, isn't that just the male manager's way of paying people?

So you state that woman have the same rights and same rules applied to them but if they are payed less than men, it's "the manager's way of paying?"

Yeah duude, let me just discriminate my female workers' pay because "that's my way of paying people." While I'm at it, I'm going to raise my male workers' wages to $100 and give female $1 wages because fuck rules and regulations, "that's my way of paying people."

David said:
I mean, if the woman doesn't like how she gets paid, can't she just get another job?

You're not solving the issue by walking away. You don't "get another job" if you get discriminated at work, you file a report.

David said:
Also, I believe pro PRO feminists (arrest this man he is raping me with his eyes) to give legitimate arguements that can't easily be countered such as "put a retraint on men because they are rapist pigs". Clearly, they have no idea how males are also victims of rape.

I've read this a few times but I have no idea what you're trying to say.

If I offended anyone, sorry, but seriously.

I'm sure you might have offended someone with your blatantly sexist and ignorant line regarding woman's pay.

David said:
If you're going to make a big deal about "equal rights for women", put up some easy to find and hard to counter arguements

I think you could use some of those.

Yeah duude, let me just discriminate my female workers' pay because "that's my way of paying people." While I'm at it, I'm going to raise my male workers' wages to $100 and give female $1 wages because fuck rules and regulations, "that's my way of paying people."
The thing is, there are no regulations against this, besides minimum wage laws, to my knowledge.

You may be right. I'm not sure myself. My point is that you can't lower wages for women for no reason.
Unfortunately you can, and people will.

There is something somewhere that protects this right I think.
Woot for economic freedom.

I make more than the women that work here, then again I've been here 6 years and have more responsibilities as assistant manager. :D With exception of the owner's wife though, forget the sexist issue how about the favoritism issue that involves a broader scope of things.

Chivalry is about 10% about women in general, and 90% medieval battle etiquette.

Finally, after over 2 years of being here, you have made a comment that I've not slowly shaken my head at whilst sarcastically golfclapping.

There is hope for you yet.

Edit: also, since I'm here.. It's an insanely touchy subject over here even when it's self defense. That being said, it doesn't matter who you are, I'll do whatever I can to subdue an attack without physically striking, but if it's not enough I will smack yo' ass haha. Gender just isn't relevant when something as simple as a poorly aimed or uneducated strike can seriously or (in extreme circumstances) critically injure even the most well trained, hardened people.

Back