Why did Google do this

Nobody even uses the website to search anymore
I do, but I'm weird like that. I'm more pissed off by GMail's fucked up tiny compose panel (made to look like Facebook chat), and the shit YouTube (relevant due to Google owning them) has been pulling. For example: YouTube's insistence on making "What to watch" the default page instead of "My subscriptions" (especially in their app), their unnecessary lumping of the quality, player size, and annotations options into a single box (when there was plenty of room for them before), their app's refusal to give me any control over the quality of the video, the manual downloading of the video files at 1080p taking less time to finish then the browser version of the 360p version, etc.

And no, YouTube, I do not want to use my real name. Get off my back about it.

I do, but I'm weird like that. I'm more pissed off by GMail's fucked up tiny compose panel (made to look like Facebook chat), and the shit YouTube (relevant due to Google owning them) has been pulling. For example: YouTube's insistence on making "What to watch" the default page instead of "My subscriptions" (especially in their app), their unnecessary lumping of the quality, player size, and annotations options into a single box (when there was plenty of room for them before), their app's refusal to give me any control over the quality of the video, the manual downloading of the video files at 1080p taking less time to finish then the browser version of the 360p version, etc.

And no, YouTube, I do not want to use my real name. Get off my back about it.
I agree about the YouTube part, but the tab update was unnecessary and it really bothers me for what reason I don't know.

If you actually do what it tells you to do when your click 'I don't want to use my full name' it stops asking you. I think people complaining about this is hilarious.
Then it sets up a second Google Plus account for your YouTube account, and sets up a YouTube account for your original Google Plus account. No thanks.

If you actually do what it tells you to do when your click 'I don't want to use my full name' it stops asking you. I think people complaining about this is hilarious.
It didn't stop for me. It still asks me if I want to return back to my name after I escaped it.

Back