Xbox 720 may be Always Online

but that would be pretty sucky in Diablo 3 to do that, having to have a single player character and then another that you can only play with other people.
Well... We do this for our Terraria gamenights and nobody complains...

Hang on,
Wut?

Explain please,
In Vorsprung terms

Intel may or may not be going all BGA on processors in the near future. However it looks like after some fresh research that is not the current case, but rumor mills say they may go all BGA which means integrated cpu.

Intel may or may not be going all BGA on processors in the near future. However it looks like after some fresh research that is not the current case, but rumor mills say they may go all BGA which means integrated cpu.

In other words, CPU's soldered to the mobo?

Microsoft somewhere that I'm too lazy to find specifically responded to this fiasco stating that his tweets were his opinion, and not actually related to Microsoft's decision on whether or not they would be making it always-online.

Microsoft somewhere that I'm too lazy to find specifically responded to this fiasco stating that his tweets were his opinion, and not actually related to Microsoft's decision on whether or not they would be making it always-online.

Thank you. Which was completely obvious, but the internet over-reacts as usual.

Thank you. Which was completely obvious, but the internet over-reacts as usual.
Let's be honest here. Is any rant by any employee of any company necessarily representative of the company's views? The guy was probably just stressed.

Let's be honest here. Is any rant by any employee of any company necessarily representative of the company's views? The guy was probably just stressed.

According to what I read, he was trolling a friend at another software company. The one who was going back and forth with him on tweets.

Now we realize what not using sartalics on the internet does.

Seriously though. People need to calm their tits.
Perhaps, it does however provide discussion for the topic. I mean what if it does happen? Leaked information already shows that if the Internet is dced for 3 min the Xbox will not work. It's unconfirmed, just like this, but it opens up for discussion and the masses reaction to such a discussion. So while I agree with you and gurw, this thread serves the purpose for discussion on the topic and instead of "calming our tits" on the subject perhaps discuss it from a skeptical standpoint rather then a confirmed one, hence the "may be" in the title.

(Ill grab a source for the 3 min dc when I get home)

Perhaps, it does however provide discussion for the topic. I mean what if it does happen? Leaked information already shows that if the Internet is dced for 3 min the Xbox will not work. It's unconfirmed, just like this, but it opens up for discussion and the masses reaction to such a discussion. So while I agree with you and gurw, this thread serves the purpose for discussion on the topic and instead of "calming our tits" on the subject perhaps discuss it from a skeptical standpoint rather then a confirmed one, hence the "may be" in the title.

(Ill grab a source for the 3 min dc when I get home)
The discussion is not what we're arguing against. We're arguing against the the fanatical uprising that happened over this little bit of shit.

Examples:
I would just love to bring some attention to this. or this bullshit would be a better way to describe it.
if they don't get their heads out of their asses
always online bs
Still, those tweets make me want to commit arson.
This is hilarious. The thing that's even funnier, all the Micro$oft sheep will still buy the 720 when they could just build a PC and have the best experience possible. Besides Nintendo, the only reason consoles are still a thing is because of people being uninformed, and the exclusives that are just getting progressively worse.
Just use that money you would have spent on the 720 for a brand new PC

This is not discussion. This is ranting.

Well, the guy lost his job over the tweets. Can't say I didn't see that coming. Link to article. They can't say whether he resigned or was forced to resign.

I can understand how the guy (Orth) would be frustrated by all of the negative reaction he may be seeing from consumers about a product that isn't even officially announced yet, but venting that frustration out in the open like that was a bad decision, even if it was jokingly.

Microsoft already demands subscription for basic online functionality while other consoles don't, so it's no surprise they would pull anti-consumer shit like this. Another one for the bad deeds list. Sony 4 life.

Well, the guy lost his job over the tweets. Can't say I didn't see that coming. Link to article. They can't say whether he resigned or was forced to resign.

I can understand how the guy (Orth) would be frustrated by all of the negative reaction he may be seeing from consumers about a product that isn't even officially announced yet, but venting that frustration out in the open like that was a bad decision, even if it was jokingly.
Capture.PNG

Microsoft already demands subscription for basic online functionality while other consoles don't, so it's no surprise they would pull anti-consumer shit like this. Another one for the bad deeds list. Sony 4 life.

Sony is no different. PSN+

They couldn't do one of these. It just doesn't work in the long run. An always online console would fail irrevocably.

Sony is no different. PSN+

They couldn't do one of these. It just doesn't work in the long run. An always online console would fail irrevocably.
Playstation Plus is not required to play online at all, and gives games for free to trial and play monthly. And they aren't just small indie or casual games either, full 60$ games.

Watch them actually do it in their blissful greed for control and money, also more ads on the dashboard.

Back