Your childhood nightmares

Cathykiddo

So I was talking with my buddy-pal Donvittorio the other day about our childhood nightmares. Y'know, those kid shows we used to watch or those weird video games we used to play growing up that just scarred us for life because they were too scary, or the animation just freaked us out. When I was younger, about 8 or 9, I remember watching this one claymation comedy called "Will Vinton Productions - Claymation Comedy Of Horrors" which was probably the reason why I vowed never to watch claymation again except for Wallace & Gromit and Shaun the Sheep.

Here's a video if you want to see a part. I can't even stand it, their expressions are so damn terrifying.

And it could even be something that you watched or played when you were a kid, but now look back on as a WTF moment. I know we all probably have those so now comes the question; what disturbing tv show/movie/video game scared you most as a kid?

Ogod...my first nightmares were the boo mansion castles in Super Mario 2
And that one tiny tiny forest in the very beginning of Pokemon Ruby. I was like 6 or 7 when I saw these...

Ogod...my first nightmares were the boo mansion castles in Super Mario 2
And that one tiny tiny forest in the very beginning of Pokemon Ruby. I was like 6 or 7 when I saw these...
... That's Super Mario World, not Super Mario 2. Also the spider scene from the animated movie, the hobbit.
So many nightmares...

Wow, you guys had nightmares about like, normal things you saw on TV? I'm envious.. the type of things that I would have nightmares about weren't even tangible fears.. I had this terrifying recurring dream when I was a kid, but it was less of a coherent "dream" and more pure unabated terror. All I can remember now is there was this oppressive marching sound echoing everywhere that just got louder and louder, while random terrifying images and sensations would flash through my head.

*shudders*
Well actually in the spider scene instead of the dwarves being trapped in spider webs, my entire family was and I was being chased by the spiders...

Picture yourself in your room, late at night with the lights off, all the while heavy rainfall is beating on your windowpane.

Now, imagine reading a ghost novel, then turning to a page with nothing but this on it

scary_stories.gif

I ruined my favourite pair of pj's that night.

Picture yourself in your room, late at night with the lights off, all the while heavy rainfall is beating on your windowpane.

Now, imagine reading a ghost novel, then turning to a page with nothing but this on it

scary_stories.gif

I ruined my favourite pair of pj's that night.
Was it like a book called Ghost Stories and Scarier stuff like that?

I dunno, when I was little, I was pretty fearless. Now, I'm a pant-pissing piece of shit, with creepypasta and whatnot. I mean, I sold my old Nintendo 64 and all its games ever since I got freaked out by BEN.

Back