• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Zone Proposition

Not a religion. Obviously, being a fan of a kid's show isn't a religion. Like you said, people work hard to be able to have zones created, I am no different, neither is DanielB, who vied for a Star Wars Zone after I encouraged him to do so.

So far, nobody has been able to provide a valid reason as to why the Pony Zone "Doesn't deserve to be a zone". You can't simply ignore the fact that kingjok3r is taking a shot at my hard work, and I felt the need to defend it. Letting everything done in there just go to waste, without even giving a valid reason to why it needs to be discounted is an insult to all the people's work.

If you were to go for a TF2 world, spend several hours vying for it on one thread, have it created and later get more amazing creations inside it, you would be satisfied that you were able to found a themed world. If someone was to say that it "Doesn't deserve to be a zone" without giving a valid reason other than hatred for the game, I think you would understand. It's not just the subject matter of Ponies either, the same applies for every other zone.

Rsmv and I had a really great plan, I had the skills and motivation to see it through, I talked to the admins. Apparently someone thinks that the Zone I worked for doesn't even deserve to exist.
Eww, ponies. Anyhow, read the wiki. Zones are strictly Builder+, with the exception of the pony zone, which shouldn't even be a zone at all.
To get that zone, you'll also have to show lots of pics of builds you have done to convince the mods to open it in the first place.
If you read properly, you'll know why I said that. It doesn't deserve to be a Zone because it's not BUILDER+
Wiki says that's what Zones are, and that theme MUST be followed. So having a Cool+ Zone makes it odd. I would have preferred if it were called lets say: PonyWorld, kinda like Jerzey's contest worlds.
Also him building in zones and not following the theme, like i said, would be like me going in the pony world and build what ever the fuck i want. You won't like it right? well, neither do i cause I was all for the starwars zone.

penisburger
:megusta:

1: I'm juss' sayin', you guys are like a cult, lol.
Yes there ARE certain people (*cough* *cough*) who take things a bit too seriously. I try not to make myself devolve into an "extreme brony". It's really not the answer to life or anything, and that stuff about "asserting your masculinity" is no excuse to force everyone into watching a show (like I know some people do). I think it's something of a defense system. The more people know about it, the less unusual they will be thought of... but it sort of backfires and makes the whole fanbase look even weirder.

If you read properly, you'll know why I said that. It doesn't deserve to be a Zone because it's not BUILDER+
Wiki says that's what Zones are, and that theme MUST be followed. So having a Cool+ Zone makes it odd. I would have preferred if it were called lets say: PonyWorld, kinda like Jerzey's contest worlds.
Also him building in zones and not following the theme, like i said, would be like me going in the pony world and build what ever the fuck i want. You won't like it right? well, neither do i cause I was all for the starwars zone.
I see what you mean now. I too wondered why it was Cool+ when I first entered it, but I never really got down to asking Woot.

I know what you mean about builds not following the themes... there's a giant castle in Zone17 that probably a lot of us have seen, yet no admin wants to move it because there is no space elsewhere. If I had the choice, I would just delete that castle right off the map. From what I've heard, halfway through the build he already knew that it wasn't following the theme. Yet he continued to expand and enlarge the build anyway.

Zone17

Yes there ARE certain people (*cough* *cough*) who take things a bit too seriously. I try not to make myself devolve into an "extreme brony". It's really not the answer to life or anything, and that stuff about "asserting your masculinity" is no excuse to force everyone into watching a show (like I know some people do). I think it's something of a defense system. The more people know about it, the less unusual they will be thought of... but it sort of backfires and makes the whole fanbase look even weirder.

I see what you mean now. I too wondered why it was Cool+ when I first entered it, but I never really got down to asking Woot.

I know what you mean about builds not following the themes... there's a giant castle in Zone17 that probably a lot of us have seen, yet no admin wants to move it because there is no space elsewhere. If I had the choice, I would just delete that castle right off the map. From what I've heard, halfway through the build he already knew that it wasn't following the theme. Yet he continued to expand and enlarge the build anyway.

Zone17
It's ok, I don't think I was too clear when i expressed myself. And yup, both the castle and burj don't belong. And not cause he added 'light saber'-like things to it that it makes it fit in.

ok, so kingjok3r so maybe not have it be a qoute-on-quote "zone", but a world witha theme open to cool+ ranks, now that this is clarified, can we please stay on topic? thank you

Hehe, you obviously haven't seen other parts of this forums. You're lucky that this place hasn't been bombarded by random memes and crazy shenanigans. You haven't posted any pictures yet. None of us know what your concept is going to be like. Please, take screenshots now and post them here so we can have an idea of what you want to have.

now that this is clarified, can we please stay on topic? thank you
Threads will tend to sway in one direction of one another. Don't worry, there's always another member out there ready to put your thread back on track. (If it doesn't die.)

I think one thing that needs to be made absolutely plain and simple if this world were to be created: Absolutely NO CUBOIDING will be permitted by any admins/mods in this world. Adding some natural caves and what-not would be fine, and that can be added in before the world is open to everyone, but if you want to hollow out a 50X50 section of the world for something, you have to do it by hand, or get help from others.

I think one thing that needs to be made absolutely plain and simple if this world were to be created: Absolutely NO CUBOIDING will be permitted by any admins/mods in this world. Adding some natural caves and what-not would be fine, and that can be added in before the world is open to everyone, but if you want to hollow out a 50X50 section of the world for something, you have to do it by hand, or get help from others.
umm, I agree sort-of... There will be several Large chambers, but if there is to be cuboiding for those, then they will also have to be edited to make them look a bit more natural, I don't want it to look like an underground box, but umm, for you Skyrim players out there, I want it to be more like Blackreach type of thing where the cavern was there already, then the Dwemer build the buildings inside of it. So, I say, allow cuboids, but the resulting box will need to be edited to look less perfect, and more rounded out and cavern like

umm, I agree sort-of... There will be several Large chambers, but if there is to be cuboiding for those, then they will also have to be edited to make them look a bit more natural, I don't want it to look like an underground box, but umm, for you Skyrim players out there, I want it to be more like Blackreach type of thing where the cavern was there already, then the Dwemer build the buildings inside of it. So, I say, allow cuboids, but the resulting box will need to be edited to look less perfect, and more rounded out and cavern like
The thing with the cuboiding wasn't worrying if it would look unnatural, really...

Cuboiding is meant as a moderating tool, not as a building tool. If this world is to be made, we can assist with editing the world with some cuboids and what-not, but when it's open for all builder+, don't expect anyone with the ability to cuboid for you.

I know that, I was talkin about for setup of the chambers and whatnot
you can do that by hand. using a cuboid for this would technically be using it to build. BTW Moondoggy, cuboid me a big block so i can edit it into a house, is what you're saying..

you can do that by hand. using a cuboid for this would technically be using it to build. BTW Moondoggy, cuboid me a big block so i can edit it into a house, is what you're saying..

No, we can change the world any way we choose. There may even be a way to generate a world with pre-rendered caverns and stuff, that'd be something casham would work on.

If anything, I would have put you as one of the 'extreme bronies', but meh.
That is taking into account that Woot promoted MinerJuco from Builder to Awesome instantly just so he could cuboid.
Right?

so I just want a final tally of those who would support this world, please re post if you do support, i would like to see this actually happen

Back