• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Zone11: Urban Design Department

Audi

Hi there everyone.

As you may or may not know, MinerJuco's Zone11 project is finally finished and ready for citizens. There's more information here: http://t9k.me/KQ
Zone11 is the first whitelisted world on the Classic server. If you want to build and live in this server, you need to post an application proving your worth, here: http://t9k.me/KR

As the world (and hopefully its frequenters) is vast, MinerJuco (the founder of Zone11) has designated certain departments to look after different issues and designing on the world. I am the head of one such department: The Urban Design Department.

The Urban Design Department is in charge of designing, building and maintaining urban buildings such as hotels, arcades and malls. As this will be a big job, I'm looking for some help.

If you want to be part of this department, reply to this thread. Everyone is welcome... However, you must be a citizen of the Zone. If you want me to save you a spot or whatever, tell me here, and I'll see what I can do.

Current Positions:

Leader: Vorsprung
Officers: KingJok3r, DarkPrime25, oozinator

NOTE: More people will be added to the list as we start building projects. At the moment, I want to keep it to a few select people. The three officers here have been chosed by me as I know them and they have good building skill. It's a hard desicion, so don't feel put out. It's also a little bit biased as I know these guys well (at least Jok3r and DarkPrime) and I am familiar with their abilities.
Thanks guys! Stay tuned for more.

this is super gay

Remember this task is really hands on and you must work in conjunction with other commercial developers so they will move their shops into your malls you develop. Hotels are more of a commercial venture and anyone can build one, yet you will still oversee that they are up to scratch.

Yes... I would like to look after hotels as well. I reckon we should get that big-ass hotel I built in Cool40 shipped over to Zone11 and placed in a high hight limit area. (It may still need to be cut down to size, but that's no problem.)

I think it is true. All of the big builds that are in zone11 should be designed first and then okayed by this department. I will show you guys my design for my skyscraper. The good thing about this is you can the dimensions perfect and really know what the area will look like before you build. This is what happens it real life and this is what I would like to see here.

Cobra Bank Tower
Tower01.jpg

I like the look of that tower Juco. Very snazzy. Good colours, too.
I'll have a look next time I'm on Classic. Not to be arrogant or anything, though, but I have a million-and-one things to do on Team9K and IRL, so if I don't get around to it soon, don't do anything till I get there. I'll get there at some stage. WoM's glitching on me at the 'mo.

If anything I can do accenting on buildings, such as adding fountains inside larger buildings. Indoor parks (I have seen thins IRL) inside malls.

Could you use a person like me?

If you do not need someone like me I can just mosy on over to the Recreational and apply there.

You do not sound arrogant at all Vor. We all have busy lives, it's what happens these days. My fav saying: "It ain't the eighties no mo"
Just remember the faithful mayor will always be there to step in Vor. At the end of the day, this is my town, and your department still has to get things signed by me. Now that is arrogance :p

Love your work

If anything I can do accenting on buildings, such as adding fountains inside larger buildings. Indoor parks (I have seen thins IRL) inside malls.

Could you use a person like me?

If you do not need someone like me I can just mosy on over to the Recreational and apply there.

From what i've seen... You're good. On the list.

I'll edit my first post and add some more information about the postions available and whatnot.

Sure. When I have time, I'll edit the fisrt post so that it shows what the positions are. But I don't really have the time at the 'mo.

Hey Vorsprung, I'm currently working for the Open Spaces department being headed by Pasaria, but I need your (or Juco's approval) on a matter.

Attached is a screenshot of madcart's magnificent cathedral. However, if a structure is built on the residential lot (outlined by a red box with "special consideration") in front of it, it can be obscured.

IMO, this lot should be reserved for open space. I'm thinking of a small park with walkway leading up to the cathedral.

The suggestion is purely a matter of aesthetics of course, and I'd like your thoughts about this.

Attachments

• madcartcath.jpg
    madcartcath.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 130
Back