• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Federation: City of Cities

Also on a side note, if we dig the entire city 6 blocks into the ground from sea level to give a height cap of 70 blocks instead of 64, we would generate a decent amount of money from that.

Also I think cities should beresponsible for getting their rails from their own city to the WorldHub main rail. It puts less of a burden on the worldhub builders and designers, and then it's more fair for everyone involved.

Keep in mind that we hope to hollow out that entire 15x15 square all the way to bedrock.
That's about 3,686,400 blocks, give or take, and not counting the rails.

That's a lot of cobble and diamonds.

I have a question:

In order to claim more than 16 chunks, you need citizens other than yourself.

How the fuck are we supposed to claim the entire WorldHub?

Since money is going to be a large problem, I think we should offer hotel rooms for rent, and houses that people can buy, or something of the sort. I know the town is really only supposed to be a hub, but there's a huge flaw in terms of income to support said hub.

I have a question:

In order to claim more than 16 chunks, you need citizens other than yourself.

How the fuck are we supposed to claim the entire WorldHub?
Maybe give the money to an admin, and have them make an exception?

Since money is going to be a large problem, I think we should offer hotel rooms for rent, and houses that people can buy, or something of the sort. I know the town is really only supposed to be a hub, but there's a huge flaw in terms of income to support said hub.
I really don't like the idea of a hotel or house...

We could charge people to have a shop in town? Charge them either a base fee or a small percentage? It can add up after a while based on how many people have shops?

Well, I will have assistants, such as Kurtis.

Anyway, I'm considering talking to Woot about all of this. He might make an exception, considering this is a purely community-benefiting thing.

In fact, I don't know why he hasn't been on this thread yet.

He has probably seen it at some point but was too busy with minecon and server updates to really pay attention to it.

Vorsprung:
15x15 is nothing. I hollowed out a 50x50 hole in 2 weeks, with the help from 2 people.

I want to appeal as a miner. I love mining! :D

15x15 is nothing. I hollowed out a 50x50 hole in 2 weeks, with the help from 2 people.
Keep in mind that we hope to hollow out that entire 15x15 square all the way to bedrock.
That's about 3,686,400 blocks, give or take, and not counting the rails.
Are you sure? We are talkin' a lot of blocks.
However,
Yesh.png

Vorsprung:

By 15x15 I believe he means towny chunks not single blocks. How large are Towny chunks anyways?

I'll discuss it with Kagato, but I am sure he'll be ok with it, as long as no one tries to get all overlord on us.

By 15x15 I believe he means towny chunks not single blocks. How large are Towny chunks anyways?
Yeah, 15x15 Towny chunks.
A chunk is 16x16 blocks.
So, how many blocks we are mining out is this:
16 x 16 x 64 x 15 x 15

Back