• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Federation: City of Cities

Also, is your town in The Federation or not? O9K is a group, not a town.
We talked this out with vorsprung, we are basically going to be a ally with the federation and not much a dedication towards the federation. Ask vorsprung, he will explain.

Pssst, check your grammar next time.
Also, just noticed the typo. Don't know how that makes me a troll.. but then again I don't understand vorsprung half the time so \_(o_o)_/

K so, a highway? Is this just a long span of road you expect people to run on? Why do we need a highway AND a railway? I'm facepalming right now.

K so, a highway? Is this just a long span of road you expect people to run on? Why do we need a highway AND a railway? I'm facepalming right now.

We are debating which one we should have.

I say we should have a railway, with a walkway on the side (for those without minecarts).

I also say that we only claim the entrance. If the railway gets griefed, we will report it to the admins (they still exist you know).

WorldGuard thread is posted.
Link please?
too long; don't read.
It actually means Too Long; Didn't Read, rather than Don't. I want people to read it. Herp.
Are you sure the Worldhub will be able to claim the whole spawn rail? If not building a highway on the surface will compromise the underground rail.
How far are we going from spawn?
It really depends.
Go off what Ustulo said, but we may go further than that or less, depending on what type of area we find.
Anyway, the highway is only gonna be last on the list.
Basically, I'm planning the rail tunnel to be 4 blocks high, and 14 blocks wide. That way (if we have the funds) we can claim the area that the rail constituates, and pave the top of it to make a highway.
But that's only if we can afford it. It's important that we protect the main spawn line.
We talked this out with vorsprung, we are basically going to be a ally with the federation and not much a dedication towards the federation. Ask vorsprung, he will explain.
For one - capitalize my name. Thanks.
Did anyone read my note about groups in the Federation?
Vorsprung said:
If a group or an organization wishes to join the Federation, then all they have to do is ask. The council will give the final verdict.
A group/organization will be expected to follow all the guidelines a town has to follow.
Note that train lines and other assistance will only be granted to an organization if they have a permanent residence, or have their HQ in a Federated town. If a group/organization has their base as a town, then they can apply to the Federation as a town, etc.
All Federated towns and all groups/organizations will be allowed an embassy within the WorldHub complex. This will consist of a single outpost.
Org. 9000 will be allowed an embassy within the WorldHub. However, at this stage, they won't get a rail, unless they make some sort of HQ.
I don't understand vorsprung half the time so \_(o_o)_/
But you're a silly sod. 'Nuff 'sed.

Well, if we are going to claim the railway, then why don't we just pave the top of it? Instant highway.

Anyway, the highway serves 3 purposes:
1: Those who do not have minecarts can use the highway.
2: The highway will be a safe refuge for people at night (claimed areas disallow mobs), and will also serve as a landmark where people can get their bearings.
3: The highway will contain access points where people can access the main rail-line. That way, people who don't get on at the spawn or at WorldHub can still utilise the rail.

Note that claiming the rail is only something we can do once we have cash.

I just did a rough estimate of the covering of the tracks... it would be about $21,900, maybe a bit less.

That's a bit much, isn't it?

Where is the "Challenge accepted" picture when you need it?
Yeah, cool challenge, but it's a waste, money that could be put to better purposes.

Remember, we might be able to get Nether items, so that will be a constant flow of money being spent.

Plus my drug dealership potion shop.

If anyone wants a random fact, not giving anything away, but the Organization 9000 plan is requiring us to dig 89k stone.

You all do the math on that. :3

Yeah, cool challenge, but it's a waste, money that could be put to better purposes.

Remember, we might be able to get Nether items, so that will be a constant flow of money being spent.

Plus my drug dealership potion shop.

Won't your potion shop GAIN money?

I just did a rough estimate of the covering of the tracks... it would be about $21,900, maybe a bit less.

That's a bit much, isn't it?
That... Is a shitload....
It will cost $12,500 to claim the entirety of the WorldHub... If the rail costs more than WorldHub, we would be better off just making WorldHub bigger.

It will cost $12,500 to claim the entirety of the WorldHub... If the rail costs more than WorldHub, we would be better off just making WorldHub bigger.

We are going to need to have diamond miners.

I personally hate being in caves, so I would prefer to not partake in the mining of diamonds.

Won't your potion shop GAIN money?
It might be hard to offer them at the right price....
Now I regret not taking business classes.

I think it would be a better plan to not claim that land, and instead get moar glowstone.

It might be hard to offer them at the right price....
Now I regret not taking business classes.

I think it would be a better plan to not claim that land, and instead get moar glowstone.

I took business classes, and basic math classes. What do you need to know?

Back