• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Federation: City of Cities

Let's put it this way:
It will be underground.
You aren't going to be in charge of shipping; WorldGuard is.
WorldCargo doesn't sound good. Have you noticed all other names are two syllables?

No offense dude, but chime out.

Let's put it this way:
It will be underground.
You aren't going to be in charge of shipping; WorldGuard is.
WorldCargo doesn't sound good. Have you noticed all other names are two syllables?

No offense dude, but chime out.

Vor - I am in charge of monitoring / administering the rail system. It's OK with me if WorldGuard Runs the Cargo system, but I seriously think we should have the rail suspended, or at least aboveground.

So, in affect, I am in charge of maintaining the transportation system for the world.

I'm also designing a epic underwater glass rail tunnel.

I've been busy.

I'm pretty sure Vorsprung and Ustulo set up the entire idea of WorldHub, so I'd ask him what you can do rather than tell him what you're going to do.

I'm pretty sure Vorsprung and Ustulo set up the entire idea of WorldHub, so I'd ask him what you can do rather than tell him what you're going to do.

This really isn't part of the WorldHub; it's a totally different project.

I do, however, need their confirmation for a station to be installed in the WorldHub.

Vor - I am in charge of monitoring / administering the rail system. It's OK with me if WorldGuard Runs the Cargo system, but I seriously think we should have the rail suspended, or at least aboveground.

So, in affect, I am in charge of maintaining the transportation system for the world.

I'm also designing a epic underwater glass rail tunnel.

I've been busy.
For one: no and no.

You were never put in charge of the rail - you haven't asked, or at least you haven't had any confirmation from my part.
It is part of the same project - the only possilbe thing we are 'outsourcing' is the construction of the spawn station, but that's Hawke's job. Why? He asked, gave us plenty of prior warning, and did so non-demandingly and nicely.
It seems to me you've just jumped in and taken the whole hoo-hah and commanded control over the rail.

You were never involved with the rail in the slightest.
In fact, what town are you part of? DiamondFortress was scrapped ages ago. If you aren't even part of a town, what are you doing here? Schlepp away, please.

Once again: WorldCargo - why do we even need to have a seperate system to transport goods? All we have to do is use the same rails that are used for transport; it's not hard. Even if we did consider having an entirely different system, I'd look after it, or the WorldGuard and the shippers / recievers would.

I'm not installing anyone else's stations in the WorldHub. The Federation controls the means of production and shipping, and thus we won't be taking the risk of giving another organization authority.

There's a system already in place - in fact, there isn't. We don't need one.

I can't be bothered to go back and check past pages, so correct me if I'm wrong. But to my knowledge, you have nothing to do with WorldHub or the Federation. If that's the case, please butt out. I'm not being possessive here; but if people are going to interfere with the goings-on of everyone here, then it's an unfortunate and uneccessary stumbling block.

I'm trying to be tactful here.

TL;DR?

No WorldCargo.
No outsourced stations.
An underwater rail may be considered for some rails, but it's not a definite, and you aren't in charge of it.
The WorldHub main spawn rails and all other rails are all the one WorldHub project.
You have not ever been in charge of the rails. And because of this little power-grab, you won't be.

For one: no and no.

You were never put in charge of the rail - you haven't asked, or at least you haven't had any confirmation from my part.
It is part of the same project - the only possilbe thing we are 'outsourcing' is the construction of the spawn station, but that's Hawke's job. Why? He asked, gave us plenty of prior warning, and did so non-demandingly and nicely.
It seems to me you've just jumped in and taken the whole hoo-hah and commanded control over the rail.

You were never involved with the rail in the slightest.
In fact, what town are you part of? DiamondFortress was scrapped ages ago. If you aren't even part of a town, what are you doing here? Schlepp away, please.

Once again: WorldCargo - why do we even need to have a seperate system to transport goods? All we have to do is use the same rails that are used for transport; it's not hard. Even if we did consider having an entirely different system, I'd look after it, or the WorldGuard and the shippers / recievers would.

I'm not installing anyone else's stations in the WorldHub. The Federation controls the means of production and shipping, and thus we won't be taking the risk of giving another organization authority.

There's a system already in place - in fact, there isn't. We don't need one.

I can't be bothered to go back and check past pages, so correct me if I'm wrong. But to my knowledge, you have nothing to do with WorldHub or the Federation. If that's the case, please butt out. I'm not being possessive here; but if people are going to interfere with the goings-on of everyone here, then it's an unfortunate and uneccessary stumbling block.

I'm trying to be tactful here.

TL;DR?

No WorldGuard.
No outsourced stations.
An underwater rail may be considered for some rails, but it's not a definite, and you aren't in charge of it.
The WorldHub main spawn rails and all other rails are all the one WorldHub project.
You have not ever been in charge of the rails. And because of this little power-grab, you won't be.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait, no WorldGuard?

Wtf dude? I'm trying to organize this thing and your just scrapping it like that?

WorldCargo*
Yeah... What Aetherrack said...
This is a rare occaision where I have mis-typed something. WorldGuard is staying for sure. WorldCargo is scrapped.
Anyway, that could be inferred from the rest of the post... But I digress.
too long, don't read.
You are a fail troll, dude.
What is TL;DR?
Too Long; Didn't Read. Basically I'm saying that if you can't be stuffed to read the whole thing, that last bit is what's important. Effectively, I'm summing up my speech. Ignore Rsmv.
Wtf dude? I'm trying to organize this thing and your just scrapping it like that?
My mistake - sorry if I worried you there. Not what I meant.
Awk-ward.
Anyway, I fixed the post.

Now, someone swing this back on topic.

Are you sure the Worldhub will be able to claim the whole spawn rail? If not building a highway on the surface will compromise the underground rail.
How far are we going from spawn?

Are you sure the Worldhub will be able to claim the whole spawn rail? If not building a highway on the surface will compromise the underground rail.
How far are we going from spawn?
Roughly 3500x, 3500z. I also think that we should just have an underground rail. It worked for Caprica and Sanctum, as well as other towns, and if it gets griefed, that's what the admins are for... ;)

I think frivolous spending should be avoided at all costs, paying for the towns is more important that protecting a railway.

Back