Star Citizen

It's pretty funny how CIG incorporated the over-heating bug with the 300i into the universe. They released a file that had Origin apologizing for their over-heating modules and were recalling their ships for repair. Pretty clever.

But I can't wait until it's fixed, it's really annoying when my ship is overheating even though I'm not firing and my ship is completely undamaged.

It's pretty funny how CIG incorporated the over-heating bug with the 300i into the universe. They released a file that had Origin apologizing for their over-heating modules and were recalling their ships for repair. Pretty clever.

But I can't wait until it's fixed, it's really annoying when my ship is overheating even though I'm not firing and my ship is completely undamaged.
well damn even if my toaster could run this game i can't even use the ship I got

Patch for the game was just released, fixing the over heating issue among many things.

Freelancer variants are avalaible in the store now.

Everyone's hangar has been temporarily upgraded to the deluxe hangar to show off the finalists' ships in the next great starship. This means their ships are in your hangar right now to look at.

multiplayer issues have been fixed, so hopefully we'll start hearing about that soon.

fixed AI overusing their gatling guns until they blew up.

Bunch of other bug fixes were done too. Not bad for only two release days out.

Hey casey thank you for inviting me into the group! hopefully once I can upgrade my pc my services will be more useful :D

Speaking of the organization who the fuck was redacted?

5de0b80db4.jpg

Was that gurw?

So after a lot of meh-ing I finally decided to buy a pledge. I've only got the Aurora, and am probably going to stay mostly dark on this till the beta comes out.

I must say 4horsemen well deserve the win. Seeing the white variation just makes me want this in my hanger all the more.
hSId30u.jpg

So, after a few days of playing, I can say that I am no longer having difficulties with the Aurora. The lasers seem to move a little bit in order to line up with the selected target and even continue to hit the target shortly after it moves away from the center of the screen. I found a few techniques very useful:
  • Do not use the rudder! This will rock your character back and forth due to the excessive G-forces. Use the ailerons and the elevator instead; in the end, this will save a great deal of time.
  • When a target is not within or near to your field of vision, use strong, steady pressure on the elevator and moderate aileron motions. Reducing throttle often helps if you are not being pursued, though this is done automatically to a degree by the IFCS.
  • When a target is close to your field of vision, decrease elevator pressure in such a way that it is null upon lining up vertically with your target.
  • Once a target is close to the center of the screen, make adjustments by rolling and using the elevator. Once aligned, continue to roll and open fire. This makes it possible to fire at a target while it is approaching. Your ship actually moves in a corkscrew pattern, so the hostile's targeting computer lags behind your actual position.
Most of that is pretty obvious, but I posted it just in case someone finds it useful.

I was also experimenting with using a mouse, and I found it to be a bit easier. Using a mouse allows one to aim more precisely, as the ship does not have to be centered perfectly over the target. It would be nice if there was a way to use both simultaneously; the joystick could be used actually to fly while the mouse could aim in a constrained area around the center of the screen.

Also, I'm considering getting a 325a. It can carry cargo and cover long distances, and it seems to be quite an effective fighter. Again, though, I really have no idea what ships I'm going to buy, because I'm waiting until release to do so with UEC earned in-game.

Hey casey thank you for inviting me into the group! hopefully once I can upgrade my pc my services will be more useful :D

Hey, no problem, glad to have some more members as the more active we are the better we can perform and the more we can do.

Speaking of the organization who the fuck was redacted?

5de0b80db4.jpg

Was that gurw?

Hah, Thats awesome that it does that I guess, but it would be nice if it told me you had chosen an option like that because it shows you like normal to me. That would suck down the road for people, as its a very easy way to lose your cover, especially in large organizations.

So, after a few days of playing, I can say that I am no longer having difficulties with the Aurora. The lasers seem to move a little bit in order to line up with the selected target and even continue to hit the target shortly after it moves away from the center of the screen. I found a few techniques very useful:
  • Do not use the rudder! This will rock your character back and forth due to the excessive G-forces. Use the ailerons and the elevator instead; in the end, this will save a great deal of time.
  • When a target is not within or near to your field of vision, use strong, steady pressure on the elevator and moderate aileron motions. Reducing throttle often helps if you are not being pursued, though this is done automatically to a degree by the IFCS.
  • When a target is close to your field of vision, decrease elevator pressure in such a way that it is null upon lining up vertically with your target.
  • Once a target is close to the center of the screen, make adjustments by rolling and using the elevator. Once aligned, continue to roll and open fire. This makes it possible to fire at a target while it is approaching. Your ship actually moves in a corkscrew pattern, so the hostile's targeting computer lags behind your actual position.
Most of that is pretty obvious, but I posted it just in case someone finds it useful.

I was also experimenting with using a mouse, and I found it to be a bit easier. Using a mouse allows one to aim more precisely, as the ship does not have to be centered perfectly over the target. It would be nice if there was a way to use both simultaneously; the joystick could be used actually to fly while the mouse could aim in a constrained area around the center of the screen.

Also, I'm considering getting a 325a. It can carry cargo and cover long distances, and it seems to be quite an effective fighter. Again, though, I really have no idea what ships I'm going to buy, because I'm waiting until release to do so with UEC earned in-game.

The lasers should move a bit, as the computer does have aim assist. This isn't something added to the game for play style necessarily, as it is a feature that is simulated by the on board computer of your ship. I can't remember which classes are, but I know the lower class weapons are typically gimbaled, although I don't think they are on the aurora. Could be wrong though, I'll have to take a look.

As for the 325a, let me know how it handles if you get it. I really enjoy the maneuverability of the hornet, but I have been playing with the 300i and I might like the way it flies just a little better.

So after a lot of meh-ing I finally decided to buy a pledge. I've only got the Aurora, and am probably going to stay mostly dark on this till the beta comes out.

Glad to see more people interested. If you're looking for gameplay, the arena commander is pretty fun, and while it is only a simulation inside the game it is a good bit of fun and really shows off their physics. If you have the time (and feel like dishing out the 5 bucks) you should check it out. Otherwise, wait until beta and enjoy it then :)

Also, if you feel like joining our company you can find the link below. Just click the join us now button. The more people we have, the more ships we will ALL have access to.

Back