Star Citizen

Somewhere down the line when I'm more financially stable i plan on getting the basic ship and going out into the far reaches of the cosmos, unaffiliated with anyone. Though if i happen upon a t9ker, you wont be ambushed ;P

Say what? I'm still getting "Welcome to nginx!" when I go to RSI...
Yeah, its up for me, although it might be slow as people are reloading the page constantly waiting for the early morning update that never came.

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202014-06-03%2021.52.07.png

Cig employee types Lunch

Lunch rhymes with Launch

Star Citizen Launches

Launching is what can be done is Star Citizen

Star Citizen is Launch

launch has 6 letters in it

6 / 2 is 3.

Half Life 3.

Half Life 3 has 3 in it

A triangle has 3 sides.

Illuminati has 3 sides.

Star Citizen = Illuminati

Illuminati was founded May 1st 1776

17 backwards is 71

76 - 71 is 5

May 1st

1+5 = 6

June is the 6th month of the year

June has 4 letters

Star Citizen is number 1

4-1 = 3

June 3rd 2014 launch date Confirmed.

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202014-06-03%2021.52.07.png

Cig employee types Lunch

Lunch rhymes with Launch

Star Citizen Launches

Launching is what can be done is Star Citizen

Star Citizen is Launch

launch has 6 letters in it

6 / 2 is 3.

Half Life 3.

Half Life 3 has 3 in it

A triangle has 3 sides.

Illuminati has 3 sides.

Star Citizen = Illuminati

Illuminati was founded May 1st 1776

17 backwards is 71

76 - 71 is 5

May 1st

1+5 = 6

June is the 6th month of the year

June has 4 letters

Star Citizen is number 1

4-1 = 3

June 3rd 2014 launch date Confirmed.
The Government should hire you to crack codes.

On another note, this is ridiculous. It's my Arena Commander and I want it now.

The Government should hire you to crack codes.

On another note, this is ridiculous. It's my Arena Commander and I want it now.

Game design is a lofty process that is fraught with set backs, be patient young one. On a similar note, CIG's process of communication sucks horribly and need to be fixed.

Game design is a lofty process that is fraught with set backs, be patient young one. On a similar note, CIG's process of communication sucks horribly and need to be fixed.
Yep. It makes CIG look like asshats when they promise an update in the morning, leaving the backers expecting to at the very least hear SOMETHING to no avail. I mean, really, I think the entire backing community has been hitting f5 on the website all day.

Yep. It makes CIG look like asshats when they promise an update in the morning, leaving the backers expecting to at the very least hear SOMETHING to no avail. I mean, really, I think the entire backing community has been hitting f5 on the website all day.
Asshats? How the hell are they asshats cause everyone trys to read every single tiny thing someone's sisters cousin said they saw a dev say on twitter and then hang cig with it when the official statements contradict that.

Chill the duck out maaaan, this is supposed to be a fun game and the process leading up to shouldn't be full of insults and dispair.

Edit: I'm leaving the typo

Asshats? How the hell are they asshats cause everyone trys to read every single tiny thing someone's sisters cousin said they saw a dev say on twitter and then hang cig with it when the official statements contradict that.

Chill the duck out maaaan, this is supposed to be a fun game and the process leading up to shouldn't be full of insults and dispair.

Edit: I'm leaving the typo
I'm not talking about what some CIG dev said on Twitter. They said they would UPDATE us this morning on the CIG wesbite, which really shouldn't be a difficult task. My problem isn't the time I have to wait for the module to be released, I have every confidence that they know what they're doing as far as Arena Commander is going.

This is it.
It's downloading.
The moment that my PC build has been waiting for.
The very reason for my i7 4770k
The purpose of my GTX770
The destiny of my 16gb of Corsair RAM

Aaaannnddd.... The downfall of my less-than-amazing internet speed.
Damnit.

^ It's already happened.
AND IT'S SO FUN.
After 4 rounds of Vanduul swarm, I've crashed during 2 of them unfortunately. I was on round 8, too :eek:
Seriously, though, the gameplay is amazing, so worth the wait. The controls are pretty easy to get a hold of. By my second round, I was killing Vanduul left and right.

Kinda disappointed that I'm unable to fly the Hornet or Aurora. I thought we'd be able to test all of them out, but apparently I only get the ship closest in class to the one I pledged for (The Avenger) so I'm in the 300i.

I didn't think my computer would be able to handle this game, as it struggled with the hangar module, but they seem to have done quite a bit of optimization. This game is hands down the most gorgeous game I have ever played. Did I mention how pretty it looks, because it looks amazing.

Oh, and I agree, this game is more fun than I have had in a long time. I was worried the controls would be clunky right off the bat like this, but while there is a bit of a learning curve, after a few waves in Vanduul swarm it starts to get competitive and I LOVE it!!!!!

Also, this game looks awesome.

I have access to all three ships, so if you're curious about them or have any questions I can hop in one and find out for you.

That control without coupling though, difficult to handle but fun nonetheless.

This game is already worth every penny I have spent on it, and I can't wait to see where it goes from here, especially after I can get my connie out there.

Finally, because I think I missed it, but this game looks absolutely gorgeous.

I didn't think my computer would be able to handle this game, as it struggled with the hangar module, but they seem to have done quite a bit of optimization. This game is hands down the most gorgeous game I have ever played. Did I mention how pretty it looks, because it looks amazing.

Oh, and I agree, this game is more fun than I have had in a long time. I was worried the controls would be clunky right off the bat like this, but while there is a bit of a learning curve, after a few waves in Vanduul swarm it starts to get competitive and I LOVE it!!!!!

I have access to all three ships, so if you're curious about them or have any questions I can hop in one and find out for you.

This game is already worth every penny I have spent on it, and I can't wait to see where it goes from here, especially after I can get my connie out there.

Ha, I was just about to come back here and mention how amazing this game looks, I'm running it at Very High settings, too. I still haven't figured out how to deploy flares... I don't see anything about it in the key bindings. So... yeah, have you flown all of the ships yet? How different is the handling between the three?

I tried out streaming whilst playing AC in very high graphics and it's workin' like a charm. I may have to stream during the release of the next addition to SC

This was probably the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time. Unlike most other games, it didn't disappoint me; rather, it surprised me with it's smooth gameplay and amazing graphics. In addition, it actually seems to run better on my system than the hangar module! The intensity made me grip my joystick the whole time.

Though I have and will continue to have loads of fun playing Arena Commander, it's really quite challenging in the Aurora. The first time I played Vanduul Swarm (I was quite comfortable with the controls.) it took me about twenty minutes to shoot down one enemy with both wingmen. It's frustratingly difficult to maintain fire on a target for several seconds, which is the approximate time required to do any damage, while chasing a moving target and avoiding obstacles and enemy fire. A few games later, I finally managed to get to the third round, though I was shot up within about ten minutes. My sole goal at that point was to shoot down the named fighter, but it seems that he has flares too.

I wonder: if I were to buy the primary weapons on the Hornet, whatever they're called, would they auto-aim on the Aurora? Regardless, I'll probably play for a few more days before drawing any conclusions. After all, I just got the game, so I'm probably pretty bad.

Edit:

Would you mind testing the Hornet's gatling guns on the Aurora?

This was probably the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time. Unlike most other games, it didn't disappoint me; rather, it surprised me with it's smooth gameplay and amazing graphics. In addition, it actually seems to run better on my system than the hangar module! The intensity made me grip my joystick the whole time.

Though I have and will continue to have loads of fun playing Arena Commander, it's really quite challenging in the Aurora. The first time I played Vanduul Swarm (I was quite comfortable with the controls.) it took me about twenty minutes to shoot down one enemy with both wingmen. It's frustratingly difficult to maintain fire on a target for several seconds, which is the approximate time required to do any damage, while chasing a moving target and avoiding obstacles and enemy fire. A few games later, I finally managed to get to the third round, though I was shot up within about ten minutes. My sole goal at that point was to shoot down the named fighter, but it seems that he has flares too.

I wonder: if I were to buy the primary weapons on the Hornet, whatever they're called, would they auto-aim on the Aurora? Regardless, I'll probably play for a few more days before drawing any conclusions. After all, I just got the game, so I'm probably pretty bad.

Edit:

Would you mind testing the Hornet's gatling guns on the Aurora?

So, You can't just attach any gun to any surface, each weapon is a certain class that fits certain mount sizes. On that note though, the ship loadouts for version .8 of areana commander are locked in place, so until the game is more stable you're stuck with what you have.

I have not played with the Aurora yet, but I can tell you the difference between the hornet and 300i is subtle and obvious. When they mentioned that everything is balanced in the sense that the craft suit different play styles, they weren't kidding. The Hornet is extremely maneuverable, and the weapons are great for spray and pray as is is all machine guns. The shield distribution is four ways which will make for some fun when they let us start playing with subsystems here soon and allows for extra protection. The 300i on the other hand is less maneuverable but faster, and the guns really throw a punch but you have to get behind the enemy and aim the ship at them to hit. The shields are only distributed two ways, but as with all the ships we can probably change those around. Overall, the Hornet is a durable, maneuverable workhorse capable of slaughtering the enemy, while the 300i is a more fragile, yet faster ship capable of destroying a ship pretty fast once you get behind it.

I have only played the vanduul swarm 2-3 times and I managed to get to wave 8. They introduce harder enemies as they go, so my suggestion is to go into free-flight and really play around with your ship so that you are as familiar with it as you can be.

Oh, and read the manual. It helps a lot.

Remember how we were discussing whether or not my graphics card would be able to handle this?

It can....but the game won't let it. Looks like I need an upgrade :D

Back