Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

I lost internet last night, which is why the OP hasn't been updated. My entire node went down :/

OK I seriously don't know what to do. The current poll about nooblets in the Nether is perfectly tied 13-13. What an odd happenstance.

Honestly, I'm against having them be in the Nether. Just give any potential griefers an easier way to get to populated areas via nether rails; also gives them yet another reason to go to the Tower. I can't actually think of any reason to let them into the other dimensions; maybe someone from the opposing argument can help me understand why people are voting to allow nooblets into the Nether?

Poll closed. Nooblets will no longer be able to access any dimensions other than the Hinterlands and Cities.

New poll regarding the density of mobs in the Cities is up. Please, if you do not live in the cities or spend any amount of time in them, this poll does not affect you and I'd like it if you refrained from voting. If you only live in the Hinterlands, any new rules will not apply to you.

EDIT: It will be up for 48 hours from the just-passed midnight in my time zone.

Poll closed. Nooblets will no longer be able to access any dimensions other than the Hinterlands and Cities.

New poll regarding the density of mobs in the Cities is up. Please, if you do not live in the cities or spend any amount of time in them, this poll does not affect you and I'd like it if you refrained from voting. If you only live in the Hinterlands, any new rules will not apply to you.

EDIT: It will be up for 48 hours from the just-passed midnight in my time zone.

Fair trade off for those who participated in the outlands vote, but don't live there.

Fair trade off for those who participated in the outlands vote, but don't live there.
Everyone has to spend some time in the Hinterlands. There are no ores in the cities, for one, and mobs do not spawn. In addition, supplies of varying woods and stone is limited. So no, this is a different situation.

Everyone has to spend some time in the Hinterlands. There are no ores in the cities, for one, and mobs do not spawn. In addition, supplies of varying woods and stone is limited. So no, this is a different situation.

Yea, but they'll just camp close to portals.

Yea, but they'll just camp close to portals.
except for when they have to actually go out and mine. or find trees. or get packed ice. Then, they are under the rules of the Hinterlands. So that applies to everyone on the server.

This, however, does not.

So basically what you're saying is this:

"Oh, that guy had some good stuff, I want to take it!"
*player with loot logs off*
"Fuck! Now I have to wait 3 days until he comes online again to go and get it because I can't while he is offline..."

That's pretty fucking stupid if you ask me.

I actually agree with you here to some extent. On the one hand, if someone logs off just to avoid being killed or having their place raided, that seems to not be in the spirit of the rules (which I don't like) and it seems only fair you be able to raid their chests or whatever. On the other hand, what if their Internet just dropped out, or they had to rush off to deal with a medical emergency? (both those things happen to me more than you'd expect) It's hard to determine intent so I personally would prefer to give the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry to bring him up again, but I don't think VVhiteBuffalo waited until someone was online and nearby a town before griefing it, and lots of people (the majority) want that beta 1.8 experience, and it doesn't seem to me that you have it. I mean Jerzey posted the coordinates to his town in public chat, and it's above ground and I'd already found it anyway. This isn't much like 1.8 beta.

I actually agree with you here to some extent. On the one hand, if someone logs off just to avoid being killed or having their place raided, that seems to not be in the spirit of the rules (which I don't like) and it seems only fair you be able to raid their chests or whatever. On the other hand, what if their Internet just dropped out, or they had to rush off to deal with a medical emergency? (both those things happen to me more than you'd expect) It's hard to determine intent so I personally would prefer to give the benefit of the doubt.
Actually, the block history plugin does a lot more than just log block history. We can also get an exact timestamp of when someone logged out and where, and can match it to the time the griefing started. If they're only a few seconds apart, we can assume they tried to get away with logging out to prevent grief.
Sorry to bring him up again, but I don't think VVhiteBuffalo waited until someone was online and nearby a town before griefing it, and lots of people (the majority) want that beta 1.8 experience, and it doesn't seem to me that you have it. I mean Jerzey posted the coordinates to his town in public chat, and it's above ground and I'd already found it anyway. This isn't much like 1.8 beta.
The majority (and I can definitively say this) do NOT want a 1.8-style server.

Actually, the block history plugin does a lot more than just log block history. We can also get an exact timestamp of when someone logged out and where, and can match it to the time the griefing started. If they're only a few seconds apart, we can assume they tried to get away with logging out to prevent grief.

So basically you're not going to give people the benefit of the doubt. I guess the Hinterlands are for people with stable Internet connections then.

Back