Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

Since I don't feel like writing a monologue, here's a fly through of the map sped up. Added more flat islands, filled in a lot of the blank land in between islands and made it more vanilla like.
09b861e4be.png

Hope ya like it

Got any more critique or suggestions I'm all ears. If you think I'm wasting my time and hate everything about it, tell me as well.
The biome transitions for the snow are a little off, and some of the islands have strange shapes, but I generally like it, especially the jungle mountain.

The biome transitions for the snow are a little off, and some of the islands have strange shapes, but I generally like it, especially the jungle mountain.
No more volcano island? :/
I would build in lava and obsidian. Not even trolling... but i am "special"

)trolling(
This is me IRL
View attachment 144318
)/endtrolling(

Seriously, if anyone remembers "Temple of the Void" it was supposed to be a floating temple above a giant pool of lava with lava and dangers and etc... so building inside of a giant volcana... i would fap while building inside a giant volcano. but in real life... i stay away from such things.
Thank you. I'll add a smaller lava island to quench the thirst and the islands are randomly done so I can shape them a bit better.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sorry, I seem to have broken The End. I've tried about 5 times to go into the portal and I just fall through it into the water. I guess what I did wrong was that I put some water source blocks right next to the obsidian platform where you spawn in The End in the hope that it'd stop endermen from hanging out on the platform (one hit me as soon as I spawned today). I didn't see anything at http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/End_Portal to suggest this would break teleporting to The End, I figured the running water would just be destroyed and re-created each time we went there.

Any chance an admin could fix it up please?

Holding shift, getting near the portal and dropping an item there works

So you're saying items can go into the end, just not players?

Due to the portal not working, I spent a lot of time around it and a zombie showed up and I accidentally knocked it into the portal and it disappeared, so I guess the portal works for mobs too.

Since I don't feel like writing a monologue, here's a fly through of the map sped up. Added more flat islands, filled in a lot of the blank land in between islands and made it more vanilla like.

Quite a bit of it looks good. Do you actually play with that fish-eye FoV though??

It looked like there was a really tall snowy mountain that is really small on top so you probably can't build anything on it, nor build a path to the top.

Desert with steep cliffs, and desert with lots of trees, look strange.

It seemed like there were palm trees pretty much everywhere?? Also seems strange.

Quite a bit of it looks good. Do you actually play with that fish-eye FoV though??

It looked like there was a really tall snowy mountain that is really small on top so you probably can't build anything on it, nor build a path to the top.

Desert with steep cliffs, and desert with lots of trees, look strange.

It seemed like there were palm trees pretty much everywhere?? Also seems strange.
Thanks. Fish eye is from a slightly higher fov but also from running and flying makes it seem bigger than it is. I put palms trees scattered onto most of the beaches, I could turn them down if needed. Also after reviewing the desert footage gonna go back and make it a bit more smoothed out and more lower sand-duneish. And I might make the hill wider so someone can build something on it, was contemplating on it.

Thanks for the suggestions/critique.

How about a giant underground cave with a lava pool and lava coming out the walls? lolololololol me and gurw can sex things in there.

My body is ready gurw. :salad:
That can be arranged

It appears to me that most of the islands are small at the beginning of the video. Then they get bigger, but I don't know if a ton of islands is the answer. I don't know what everyone wants, but I'm sure a lot of the places need moar space, and I dunno. I like islands, but I don't like tons of small islands. That being said, I'm not too concerned with the islands, if I can get a lava area... Preferably as described below cuz I hang out with molemen.

I was actually a fan of SP. The only thing I think SP had an issue with was having not enough flat land. No big deal, if everyone else likes the things, then go ahead. I just think, take the first island for instance, you need more space.
That was the big thing I addressed in this map. Also, the small islands at the start are the ones in the middle of the map with one pointing in the direction of the biome its connected to. And the one is the middle is just blank-ish.

Ahh, ablisa explained it to me - if you literally do this, then you will be teleported to The End when you drop the item. I guess you shouldn't get the item back, since everything on the platform should be destroyed when you teleport there.

I think I'd prefer to have to sacrifice a dirt block every time I go to The End rather than be attacked by endermen the moment I arrive, but it's a shared resource so does anyone disagree?

Alright, so taken all the suggestions I'm gonna transition this map from world painter to a server so I can work on it in voxel to get small details done so from this point on I can't use world paint to do massive big land mass changes or have anything to do with trees.
85362750cc.png

So with that said the only thing different from the last map version is, the sand area has less trees, more flat and smoothed with rolling dunes and more land.
u1nqOq7.png

h7MkFvp.png

I added a volcano so gurw can bathe in lava everyday and that will be worked on more in voxel than world painter. I made the biome transitions less abrupt as much as I can.

I made the snow biome have more rolling hills and smoother land to accommodate the smooth snow.
5M18Koo.png

I made the tall mountain bigger at the top and made some kinda feasible way to make it to the top.
64FyvmJ.png

I might add a floating island while I'm working with voxel. I've removed most of the palm trees from all the beaches and have made them exclusive to the cove biome.

And to address the small islands and not enough space I've connected the small 3 islands that were near each other into one big one and put a flat forest with tall trees in between them.
JpHE9os.png

With that said the next time I post should hopefully be the final iteration of the map. Thank you very much for the critique and suggestions.

edit: I feel like my posting a patch list lol.

Ahh, ablisa explained it to me - if you literally do this, then you will be teleported to The End when you drop the item. I guess you shouldn't get the item back, since everything on the platform should be destroyed when you teleport there.

I think I'd prefer to have to sacrifice a dirt block every time I go to The End rather than be attacked by endermen the moment I arrive, but it's a shared resource so does anyone disagree?

i make out somethings tomorow when i be back from my work that way we don'T have to throw any item in

i make out somethings tomorow when i be back from my work that way we don'T have to throw any item in

You get your item back.

Alright that took less time that I thought, I am done with the map. Another fly through, I changed the speed of the map so I could fly faster so its shorter and quicker and this one covers a bit more ground than the last one. Hope you all like it and if gurw and theo want they can put it on the server. I have removed all deep ocean biomes, there are 0 resources, all the blocks on the map are natural.

The only disclaimer I have is that a certain tree generation had fences generated into it to make it look better. I went around with a brush to remove as much of the fences as I could but there still might be a few so excuse them. And another disclaimer is that a certain tree generation I really liked in the cove sometimes generated with the bottom not attached to the ground. I went through the map and connected as many of these as I could to the ground but I probably missed a few so excuse those.
h2A5ObJ.png

I suggest watching in 720p or 1080p as the artifacts get a little heavy. Other than all that, hope you like it and hope you all are playing on it soon.

Looks nice, perhaps our admins could make it accessible via a command like /arena so we can go there and explore a bit and see if we can find problems so they can be fixed before it goes live? I mean "like /arena" as in maybe we can build there (to get up cliffs) but not be able to take anything back to the real world with us, dying takes you back to where you came from, etc.

Looks nice, perhaps our admins could make it accessible via a command like /arena so we can go there and explore a bit and see if we can find problems so they can be fixed before it goes live? I mean "like /arena" as in maybe we can build there (to get up cliffs) but not be able to take anything back to the real world with us, dying takes you back to where you came from, etc.
Thanks. Tsysin has offered to me that if needed he can provide a server if anyone would like to test the map or survey it if I asked. That would probably be more ideal.

Thanks. Tsysin has offered to me that if needed he can provide a server if anyone would like to test the map or survey it if I asked. That would probably be more ideal.
It will likely be a bit before we add this map. I'm going to suggest something....different (really, each new city is going to be slightly different in how applications are handled, refining the process each time). Please PM me a download link of the latest version.

When the admins decide it is time for a new city, I will post a new thread for the city (side note, I'll take name suggestions here) where the OP will have the instructions for applications.

This is still bannable. If you would like an admin to remove something that's in your way or you just don't like, you can ask - but otherwise whoever did this is asking for a ban.

Well I don't expect konflakes to be banned over it, but as far as I know, nothing has been done about it so basically he's profited quite well from that theft.

Unless the admins have done/are planning to do something, perhaps as a sign that he doesn't believe in profiting from crime, he could give the blocks to me, I could auction them and then donate the sale price to the prize pool for the next competition.

Back