• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

A proposition. Read the WHOLE thing, it might change how you think about this.

Squirley_Guy

Hey guys. So a couple days ago, school got out and I was un-grounded from the internet. I was longing for the T9K community, to have a super fun time on Minecraft with my friends, and all of that good stuff. But, what I have been fearing for a while has happened. I'm just not as interested in Minecraft as I used to be. I log on, go through the same daily grind, mine a little bit, and stockpile supplies. It's all getting a little boring. I remember back in December when this map was started, I had a fucking blast. It was by far the most fun I've ever had in Minecraft, and I'll bargain it was some of your favorites too, with getting resources gathered up to start towns, recruiting new players, and making your city into the thriving metropolis it is today.

However, those days have since passed. I tried to get back to the glory days by leaving my home in Caprica and joining the newly made PSUTown. I had the joy I had back when Caprica was made up of masterbuffalo97, mcfar45, and myself. But the feeling soon passed and it was back to the daily grind.

So, I have a proposition. I know the majority of you are going to blow it off and say 'Well what a dumbfuck he is.' But I really believe this is a viable option. My proposition: a server wipe. That's right, I said it. A server wipe. The times after the wipes have always been the most enjoyable for me.

When I first started here, late in the 1.7 world, I just herpaderped around and didn't have much fun. When the 1.8 wipe came, I finally got some fun out of SMP. I joined Mooville and had a great time with all the wonderful people there. When that world came to its end and the current world came to be, I helped buffy and mcfar out with Caprica, which, as I have already said, was a blast. I made many new friends there (When ChrisRo first joined I thought he was going to be another annoying 12 year old kid :p (no offence chris <3)).

This isn't one of those server wipe requests where the people say 'thers 2 many grifs i kan c nd i kant bild were its open so server wipe pls.' This was a carefully thought out proposal meant to make people think. I know it is probably not going to happen for a while, I just wanted to make you think. And I really hope you do. Thanks!

~Squirley

Not that I approve of a server wipe any time soon, but perhaps the upcoming "large biomes" setting could be used when it does?

Squirley, I'm going to tell you what I tell everyone. There's not going to be a server wipe anytime soon. We still have people who are very enthusiastic about playing in their towns, and playing in general. However, you do bring up a good point. People are getting bored with the game and thus, aren't playing like they used to. A wipe would bring these people back, but unless a super serious update to Minecraft happens in the near future, a wipe isn't likely for a while. :)

Squirley, I'm going to tell you what I tell everyone. There's not going to be a server wipe anytime soon. We still have people who are very enthusiastic about playing in their towns, and playing in general. However, you do bring up a good point. People are getting bored with the game and thus, aren't playing like they used to. A wipe would bring these people back, but unless a super serious update to Minecraft happens in the near future, a wipe isn't likely for a while. :)
Not to mention, people that want wipes because they got bored, are going to want a wipe every single map, every time the thrill of a new map dies down for them.

I don't particularly want to have my work go poof just because a couple people can't think of anything new to do.

I'm going to be honest; I usually get bored of a map within about a month. For a long period while I was banned, I enjoyed a server (quite a bit, actually - if they had a better community I would still be there) that wiped maps monthly. It made a lot of sense for them, and all the power to them. For T9k, obviously, that won't work. However, I could see a wipe every three or four months, both of which conveniently divide nicely into the 12 months in our year.

I'm pretty much ready for a wipe - I'm still not done my bunker but I won't be able to make any progress on it for another couple of weeks.

As much as I want a wipe, I'll be honest. I want one. I'll be realistic and you know it too, It's not happening any time soon.

I hope it wipes at 1.3, the new features will be too game-changing to maintain this world with.

Also, WorldHub is waiting. And a better-planned Cydonia.
Pretty much this.

I got bored of minecraft too man. It is inevitable... I think people just naturally go through phases with games. I am hitting ace of spades hard right now.

In my opinion, the world should be wiped in 1 month, for summer holidays. We would have more free time, and be able to start developing towns faster. And in the next month, the 1.3 might be available.

I feel like the server isn't really "survival" because of all the mods and crap that we have, that's why i like vanilla servers. but recently, i've moved to consoles, so minecraft for xbox suits me well.

In my opinion, the world should be wiped in 1 month, for summer holidays. We would have more free time, and be able to start developing towns faster. And in the next month, the 1.3 might be available.
Explain why it should be wiped though? Tons of people are still having projects they're doing.

And bottom line, Woot's not going to wipe it unless it needs to be, not just a few people are bored.

Explain why it should be wiped though? Tons of people are still having projects they're doing.

And bottom line, Woot's not going to wipe it unless it needs to be, not just a few people are bored.
People will still have projects going at the next wipe, I guarantee. People won't just stop doing stuff because a wipe is coming. Also, I know, as does anyone else who has been here for a while, that it won't be wiped for a while. This thread was made to make people think.
This isn't one of those server wipe requests where the people say 'thers 2 many grifs i kan c nd i kant bild were its open so server wipe pls.' This was a carefully thought out proposal meant to make people think. I know it is probably not going to happen for a while, I just wanted to make you think. And I really hope you do.

Back