• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

A proposition. Read the WHOLE thing, it might change how you think about this.

I don't think the issue is people just being "I'm bored nobody is in my town and I'm a homoerotic walrus." It's more the established infrastructure that's the problem. Some people don't find the whole Haven "build like it's creative mode and sit in our nice obsidian basement" that appealing.
-_-

Haven is about building. Why like it's creative-mode? Because that's how we design our builds. And nobody (and I mean nobody) can match the beauty of our town. Some other towns have nice sections. We have an entire town. Deal with it.

And my obsidian bunker is nice, but when it's finished I'm not going to sit in it. I'm going to build something else. I don't think you understand Haven well enough to place ANY opinion on how it works at all.

Actually, for the record. Anyone who isn't a member of Haven has no right to make an opinion of how we're run, what we're like, what our attitudes towards the game are. So close your pie-hole before you make yourself look like more of a fool.

Am I opposed to a wipe? No. Am I clamoring for one? Also no. I don't think a wipe is what this server needs right now. I think it would be a good thing though. Give it a month or two before a wipe.

This is what I think.

Give it a month and then we can decide if we should wipe or not.

I don't think the issue is people just being "I'm bored nobody is in my town and I'm a homoerotic walrus." It's more the established infrastructure that's the problem. Some people don't find the whole Haven "build like it's creative mode and sit in our nice obsidian basement" that appealing.
As Gurw said, pretty much no one in Haven wants creative mode. It's the "See that awesome building? I got every resource I needed for that and made it myself" feeling that's awesome, not that you just threw it up in an hour.

It sounds more like those people just want to be nomads then. Which wouldn't exactly need a wipe.

As Gurw said, pretty much no one in Haven wants creative mode. It's the "See that awesome building? I got every resource I needed for that and made it myself" feeling that's awesome, not that you just threw it up in an hour.

It sounds more like those people just want to be nomads then. Which wouldn't exactly need a wipe.

Yes. For that playstyle there is TONS upon TONS of map to explore still. Look at map.team9000.net, look at it good and hard (giggity) and what do you see? Metric asstons of unclaimed land.

Guys, I'm pretty sure Ustulo was exagerrating. Of course you won't get creative on the T9K survival server, and you all know that. Unless your name is Ozy, Wooty, or Tofurkey, it ain't happening.

My idea on why Haven does not want a wipe is because the majority of well known T9K members who are active are in Haven. I'll admit, you guys have some pretty col stuff over there. But that is also the reason I haven't joined Haven.

Going on the topic of there being a "metric shit-ton" of stuff still to do on this map, yes I do agree with that. I am trying to get a group of Capricans together to do just that, go out and live out in the wilderness. It will be maybe a couple weeks long at the most. But what's the fun in that being the only thing you do? Sure you could start another town, but you would probably only have people that you went out to survive with and new members (and we ALL know how lovely they can be).

But what's the fun in that being the only thing you do? Sure you could start another town, but you would probably only have people that you went out to survive with and new members (and we ALL know how lovely they can be).
Explain what else would be there if there was a wipe.

Explain what else would be there if there was a wipe, then.
Jungles, actual villages, pyramids, naturally occuring cocoa plants, pretty much everything that has been added since 1.0.

Also, the slight differences in terrain hills from 1.1/1.2 will finally come into play.

Jungles, actual villages, pyramids, naturally occuring cocoa plants, pretty much everything that has been added since 1.0.

Also, the slight differences in terrain hills from 1.1/1.2 will finally come into play.
I mean in what to do, not terrain.

Pyramids and Cocoa Plants are in the snapshot. We have villages and only a few spawned. A wipe won't guarantee more.

I could say that 1.3 might deserve a wipe due to the large biomes and various other terrain changes, but at jeb's current rate and working on Cobalt that we won't see 1.3 for awhile.

We're not wholly against a wipe, just don't be so hasty to have our hard work (even some IN PROGRESS) wiped out.

How would you feel if you built the worlds largest card tower, than I came along and kicked it down? Simply because I wanted to build a card tower in the space you consumed.

Explain what else would be there if there was a wipe.
I was saying that, using the suggestions here, to go out and live in the wilderness and start over from scratch by yourself or with a couple others would not be the same as setting up your town from the very beginning after a wipe. There are certain things that make the wipe option more appealing to me. Don't get me wrong, I am going to do the other one, just for the long(er) run the second option would be more preferable.

I love how this exploded into a war of wipe/keep again. Seriously guys, this happens with EVERY thread suggesting a wipe, and people get angry over it. It's getting ridiculous, so here are the solid facts, whether you choose to accept them or not:

1. There will not be a wipe for a while. This has been stated numerous times by Woot.
2. Yes, the map will be wiped eventually. When Minecraft or one of the plugins have a major update, it will be wiped for sure.
3. Random new bits to biomes are not enough to wipe a whole server when they can be added in easily enough.

Will the map be wiped in a month or two? Quite possibly. Maybe sooner? Still quite possibly. The difficult thing about the wipe is the entire server has to be re-setup, which means people are going to be bitching because it's not up and running immediately. This is what happened last time it was wiped if you all recall.

To sum up everything:

To the people for a wipe, it's not gonna happen for a while. Deal with it.
To the people against, it's gonna happen eventually. Deal with it.

Rant's over. <3 you all.

I love how this exploded into a war of wipe/keep again. Seriously guys, this happens with EVERY thread suggesting a wipe, and people get angry over it. It's getting ridiculous, so here are the solid facts, whether you choose to accept them or not:

1. There will not be a wipe for a while. This has been stated numerous times by Woot.
2. Yes, the map will be wiped eventually. When Minecraft or one of the plugins have a major update, it will be wiped for sure.
3. Random new bits to biomes are not enough to wipe a whole server when they can be added in easily enough.

Will the map be wiped in a month or two? Quite possibly. Maybe sooner? Still quite possibly. The difficult thing about the wipe is the entire server has to be re-setup, which means people are going to be bitching because it's not up and running immediately. This is what happened last time it was wiped if you all recall.

To sum up everything:

To the people for a wipe, it's not gonna happen for a while. Deal with it.
To the people against, it's gonna happen eventually. Deal with it.

Rant's over. <3 you all.

You're right actually, and why people keep making these reads despite this topic (and war) being discussed many times before is beyond me.

You're right actually, and why people keep making these reads despite this topic (and war) being discussed many times before is beyond me.
Hear, Hear!

Can we all agree to keep wipe discussion in one thread? Like, this one will act as the discussion until the next wipe; after the next wipe the first thread suggesting a wipe will be the only thread discussing a wipe until another wipe happens; and so on and so forth.

Hear, Hear!

Can we all agree to keep wipe discussion in one thread? Like, this one will act as the discussion until the next wipe; after the next wipe the first thread suggesting a wipe will be the only thread discussing a wipe until another wipe happens; and so on and so forth.
I wish that would be the case, my friend. However, everyone thinks their reasoning for a wipe is greater than the next. Squirley here has been the only one to use facts and figures behind their reasoning, which I would say makes his better than all before him.

However, no matter the reasoning, the facts I mentioned in my last post stand. :)

I wish that would be the case, my friend. However, everyone thinks their reasoning for a wipe is greater than the next. Squirley here has been the only one to use facts and figures behind their reasoning, which I would say makes his better than all before him.

However, no matter the reasoning, the facts I mentioned in my last post stand. :)
True enough. How about this?

Those of us in the know will post a reference link to the last thread about a wipe and click "report" for a duplicate thread.

Back