A Team 9000 podcast?

Wooty said:
I haven't read much of this thread, but I'm calling you out on this one. The mumble server uses a much newer voice codec, and our server runs at 128 kbit / person. Skype typically runs at about 20kbit... or lower. If you guys are having problem with "lag," make sure you haven't set your latency inappropriately.

I'm going to have to admit that my statement about audio quality on mumble was more qualitative than quantitative. To me things have always sounded better on Skype. Though I know you can adjust your quality settings in mumble. You caught me, and wooty.

Probably the main reason I wouldn't use mumble is to prevent interruption. I know there are private rooms, and but I don't ha en access to any of them, and and I knew you weren't keen on the idea of a podcast, so I wasn't going to bother you.

im3nuron said:
I see another problem with having a podcast! in mumble we usually talk about the games we are playing, so i think we need to get into the habit of talking about current events, news about games, cool links, etc. im also expecting us to have a link dump.

Stop comparing this to mumble, and that's not what this is. Its not a ten minute recording of us in mumble.

please not like PKA. im an old timer in the call of duty community and PKA has went downhill since around episode 50. ive listened to them all and im saddened by what it's become.

I haven't read much of this thread, but I'm calling you out on this one. The mumble server uses a much newer voice codec, and our server runs at 128 kbit / person. Skype typically runs at about 20kbit... or lower. If you guys are having problem with "lag," make sure you haven't set your latency inappropriately.

WOOTY CAUGHT US!!!!

:hax:

Ok...I guess I might as well reiterate that I would be happy to help with this in any way I can...and also what an awesome idea it is

Tacos? I haz interwebs nao. So.... tacos?
Taco, you're laying it on a little think. Actually, in this thread you've really been more annoying than anything else. I don't know if you were doing this because you thought that was what we were looking for with the podcast--because it's not.

Taco, you're laying it on a little think. Actually, in this thread you've really been more annoying than anything else. I don't know if you were doing this because you thought that was what we were looking for with the podcast--because it's not.

:eek:

:eek:

I wasn't. I just want a laugh. Sorry. I would really want to be part of this podcast, and I do support the idea, is what I'm trying to put across. IN Tacotalk. :D

:3

Every post he is implying that he wants to be on the podcast. its rather annoying.

Every post he is implying that he wants to be on the podcast. its rather annoying.
I'm going to assume sarcasm there.

Instead of being annoying and "Implying" as you say it, that he wants to be on the podcast, it would have been better to do it without being annoying, as that makes me more likely to want to work with him.

I'm going to assume sarcasm there.

Instead of being annoying and "Implying" as you say it, that he wants to be on the podcast, it would have been better to do it without being annoying, as that makes me more likely to want to work with him.

Mmk, my fault. I'll leave you guys to do the serious podcast orgainization stuff. :p I really would like to see the podcast happen in general, though. Sorry for being an annoying douchebag(not sarcasm, seriously). :p

BTW, if you ever want me (which I seriously doubt at this point lol), I'll be here. :D

Apologies, seriously, Crane.

Good luck on the podcast! *waves* :D

-Taco

holy-thread-revival-batman.jpg

Bump, because this needs to live.

Me to, we could use a set up room in mumble with whitelist.
Then get some ideas and just start recording stuff and see how it turns out.

ok, I guess I will head up this idea. I would say weekly and we will have segments where we talk about what is going on in the community, what is going on in gaming and what is going on in general.

ok, I guess I will head up this idea. I would say weekly and we will have segments where we talk about what is going on in the community, what is going on in gaming and what is going on in general.
I would think maybe monthly, at first, that way it doesn't run out of steam... That's just my opinion, however.

Back