a

Pretty epic.
1328395903625.jpg

AFAIK MLP is pretty damn mainstream now.

I feel like saying something, so I'm just going to throw this out there. The arguments we have gotten into about ponies has really not helped anything. We've lost many people from Team9000 thanks to this conflict, and before we break anymore of the strong bonds of love between all of us lovely people, we need to chill the fuck out. I definitely agree with katphish about toning down the fandom a bit and the loud ponies, because it's true, they can get annoying. And the haters... seriously? Making a My Awesome Dragon: Mauling is Awesome counterpart group to fight off the ponies was ridiculous and fucking immature. I'm not a brony, nor am I a hater, but I know we all have our share in this.

To quote NewspaperCrane:
"The sooner that we realize that it's not bronies versus no-nies on this forum, and realize that we're all members of Team9000, the sooner this community can get back to business of being awesome.

And at the end of the day, being awesome is what Team9000 is all about, and ponies or no-ponies, it is awesome."
I always thoght that thread was made because dragons are awesome. It's a FACT.

All valid points and all true, though I think the main problem is the "bronies" who have to post shit like "watching this show makes you 20% cooler" and other phrases to attract you to the show. It doesn't make you any cooler and if you post the same things over and over it makes you look like a complete ass.

Also, why do you have to call yourself "Bronies" because you like a god damn cartoon, I don't see people giving themselves the title "Pokeman" for liking Pokemon or other cartoons. It makes no sense whatsoever and I personally find the whole thing to be borderline retarded.

And as Katphish pointed out, Bronies need to keep in their own threads when posting pony related material. I've seen one to many good threads been created and then derailed the next day because some ass decides to post pony material in a completely irrelevant section.

Well that's my 2 cents...

P.S I didn't mean to offend anyone, but I have my opinions and you have yours.

Also, how does watching a children's show make you unique?
Okay, people like to call themselves "bronies" similar to how fans of Star Trek would go around calling themselves "Trekkies", or we as a whole call ourselves "gamers". When you have a name for collective group of people, it helps to maintain a sense of unity. However, in much the same way, it also makes divisions more clearly seen, since people are making a point to give themselves a faction. As for Pokemon, there really aren't any serious haters since practically everyone loves pokemon.

As for my point about being unique, bronies pride themselves on the fact that they don't care what others think of them, and their firm belief is that nobody needs to conform to the normal standards of masculinity. They feel that since they have gone past caring about others insults or preconceptions, they are a better person for it. But this goes both ways: if you enjoy what you want and don't care what others think of you, don't force your own opinions on others. This aspect only applies to the blatant haters who have never heard of bronies before. These people are just jumping to conclusions.

A person who first hears of bronies (or a blatant/crazy hater):

1. This show was made for little girls.
2. Men are watching this.
3. They are little girls.
4. I hate them because they are different and will now harass them and question their sexuality.

A person who is a brony:

1. This show was made for little girls
2. I watch it
3. That does not mean I am a little girl, I don't care what others think of me because I am confident in my sexuality

Luckily for everyone on this website, nobody is a blatant/crazy hater.

Okay, people like to call themselves "bronies" similar to how fans of Star Trek would go around calling themselves "Trekkies", or we as a whole call ourselves "gamers". When you have a name for collective group of people, it helps to maintain a sense of unity. However, in much the same way, it also makes divisions more clearly seen, since people are making a point to give themselves a faction. As for Pokemon, there really aren't any serious haters since practically everyone loves pokemon.

As for my point about being unique, bronies pride themselves on the fact that they don't care what others think of them, and their firm belief is that nobody needs to conform to the normal standards of masculinity. They feel that since they have gone past caring about others insults or preconceptions, they are a better person for it. But this goes both ways: if you enjoy what you want and don't care what others think of you, don't force your own opinions on others. This aspect only applies to the blatant haters who have never heard of bronies before. These people are just jumping to conclusions.

A person who first hears of bronies (or a blatant/crazy hater):

1. This show was made for little girls.
2. Men are watching this.
3. They are little girls.
4. I hate them because they are different and will now harass them and question their sexuality.

A person who is a brony:

1. This show was made for little girls
2. I watch it
3. That does not mean I am a little girl, I don't care what others think of me because I am confident in my sexuality

Luckily for everyone on this website, nobody is a blatant/crazy hater.
It's funny because I even got the same kind of crap from haters during my short period where I was a super fan of it.

Not sure what excuse they have for being annoyed that a girl likes a show for girls @_o

AFAIK MLP is pretty damn mainstream now.
I don't think so, practically everyone else in my school has never beard of the show before or even know what a brony is. I received a lot of flak from people who found out, and some idiot thai kids even call me "pony flapper" (yes, they can't even pronounce 'fap'). A lot of people don't know what bronies are and these are the ones that end up believing the shit on that Fox News special. Pokemon are mainstream. I guess it's pretty hard to tell at the moment, because there is a line between those who know about memes on the internet, and those who don't.

I don't think so, practically everyone else in my school has never beard of the show before or even know what a brony is. I received a lot of flak from people who found out, and some idiot thai kids even call me "pony flapper" (yes, they can't even pronounce 'fap'). A lot of people don't know what bronies are and these are the ones that end up believing the shit on that Fox News special. Pokemon are mainstream. I guess it's pretty hard to tell at the moment, because there is a line between those who know about memes on the internet, and those who don't.
That fox special REALLY REALLY rustled my jimmies....

That fox special REALLY REALLY rustled my jimmies....
I saw it was fox and then used this as evidence to prove my point... "Fox always lies, they say bronies are man-children, therefore we're not"

I actually won an argument that way.

Also, the second top comment on that video is such a hypocrite.

That looks like no Fox News cast I've ever seen. I've never seen anyone such as them on the show, their show isn't set up like that. And the people there are much to informal. This is not a political interest either. Fox News also doesn't play music in the background like that.

This looks like a local news channel. Not Fox News. I have a channel call Fox 4 news. This says Fox 2.

That looks like no Fox News cast I've ever seen. I've never seen anyone such as them on the show, their show isn't set up like that. And the people there are much to informal. This is not a political interest either. Fox News also doesn't play music in the background like that.
Either way, that video is the kind of blatant hatred and jeering that sickens me.

Oh, you know I'm going to make a mega-long response in the morning.

PREPARE YOUR SYNTAX.

Oh, you know I'm going to make a mega-long response in the morning.

PREPARE YOUR SYNTAX.
Suggestion...if you do make a mega-long response please take into consideration what has been posted before you as a lot of what has been said is very good.

Back