• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Account/Thread Suggestion

Im not arguing on this thread. Like it or gtfo.
(Seriously, get out. This place will blow in like 20 seconds)

As long as Woot doesnt wanna do it, there really isnt anything you can do about it.

He never said he didn't want to do it. He said he will do it later (after web.rebuild). I understand that may take months, but it can be done.

Considering I have no plans to touch xenforo ever again, this will absolutely not happen until web.rebuild.

Please read this Carefully.
"Considering I have no plans to touch xenforo ever again, this will absolutely not happen"

When will Web.rebuild happen? Probably Never.

The idea, while good, is redundant. I see absolutely no reason to include this - we already got rid of signatures and forum ranks (ie. New Member, Well-Known Member) from the threads because they tend to look gaudy, and they detract from the streamlined look of the site. Again, nice idea, but way more work than is worthwhile to create something redundant and gaudy; in particular when there is a precedent indicating that this suggestion is the exact opposite of the direction Woot wants the look of the site to take.

There is no reason for this seeing how people usually put their XBL, PSN, Steam or Minecraft usernames in their signature. One click doesn't really take a lot of time.

Please read this Carefully.
"Considering I have no plans to touch xenforo ever again, this will absolutely not happen until web.rebuild"

When will Web.rebuild happen? Probably sometime in the future.
Web.rebuild will probably be a transition from XenForo. Rebuild means to start over, to redo. That means that maybe Woot would switch to a different forum software or simply build his own, like with the Mumble Client, the Classic Server, and anything else.

EDIT: Great job leaving out information in your quote. I fixed it for you.

Their latest profile post. Or that thought thingy. It's not a signature because it's not on the forums.
This is a signature ---> -DaGamer12345​

Yes, what you see under your mini profile when you click someones avatar is a signature. It can be a large as you need it to be (but it scrolls). You could put your MC name in there.

Adding MC names under usernames isn't needed, it breaks the aesthetics and minimalism the rest of the website has as well. Put it in your sig, and have at it.

We used to have member status too, like "well known" or "Member" under our names, but that was removed.

EDIT: Also, telling people to GTFO if they don't agree with you just killed any credibility you had.

Okay, maybe there are TWO types of signatures. The entire design is minimalist in the first place, if you see the original post. Besides, why do certain people hate this? If you don't want to post your username, then don't. Its really a win-win situation. Also, woot seems to like this idea, and you can't change that.
@Jerzey I said gtfo because I didn't want to argue. It seems the haters dragged me in. And not everyone clicks a mini-profile thingy.

Okay, maybe there are TWO types of signatures. The entire design is minimalist in the first place, if you see the original post. Besides, why do certain people hate this? If you don't want to post your username, then don't. Its really a win-win situation. Also, woot seems to like this idea, and you can't change that.
@Jerzey I said gtfo because I didn't want to argue. It seems the haters dragged me in. And not everyone clicks a mini-profile thingy.

It's not that people hate it (with some exceptions), but that we've been there before, and it was removed because it was far more distracting from what was being posted, and the content of posts was rather...poop-tacular. Honestly, I don't mind clicking on someone's username to find out more about them (if they even bothered adding anything), or starting a thread asking for that info, or even starting a private convo with a person. We're a community here and we've all gathered together to find someone cool and fun to play games with, on any console/system and any game.

Also, you do seem to get a little testy (at least your words seem that way) whenever someone does confront you, which can lead to escalation towards arguing. You should work on chilling out some.

The Dude Abides.

Back