Anyone mind telling me what happened to Vorsprung?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I cant talk on a thread about someone being banned if i have been banned before ? -_-
It is disrespectful, unmentionably snotty, overarchingly rude, and above all too soon. It would be much better received if you avoided any ban threads for the next month or two.

So I cant talk on a thread about someone being banned if i have been banned before ? -_-
It is disrespectful, unmentionably snotty, overarchingly rude, and above all too soon. It would be much better received if you avoided any ban threads for the next month or two.
Battle, It's best for you for the next month if you just do what people tell you (Generally. Just think of them as guidelines.) You're free to do what you want, but these are the people that will hate you if you don't do what they want.

Understand that most people have very short attention spans, no matter how intelligent the thread post is, and as long as it's a textwall, a LOT of people just tl;dr.

Understand that most people have very short attention spans, no matter how intelligent the thread post is, and as long as it's a textwall, a LOT of people just tl;dr.
How is this relevant? I agree, but it seems the reply box didn't work or something.

I do have to agree with the ban in this case, there's obviously a line that is definitely clear and from what I've seen it's better not to cross it, I hope he is unbanned because Vor does contribute a lot to the community when he's "settled" but what I really would like to know how he perceived the image he posted and how he thought others may have responded to that said image because I'd think that after getting banned once for a similar offence the lesson would have sunk in.

I assumed something like this would happen to a community member soon, as numerous members of the community as well as myself have noticed that the maturity is starting to decend bit by bit and discussions are veered more away from "mature" conversations and as Mcfar and Chiba noted earlier, lot's of irrelevant threads (In the example mentioned in a previous post; A "Post Farm" thread) out-shadow relevant discussions of a daily basis. Well enough of that due to this not being the thread to discuss such matters...... not that anyone cares about my opinion anyway but whatever.

Clarification and explanation please.
Because prudishness.

C'mon, seriously? Banned for that? are you kidding me?

God-damn.

No, I'm serious. I'm fed up. I know that everything would be fine if it wasn't pony.

Fact o' the matter is that you bronies have a thin skin.

I know I wouldn't have been banned if it was anything else. Fuck, I could have posted just about anything else but that; still woulda been fine.

As far as I'm concerned, people just gotta suck it in.

I'm done with the forums. At least, for now. I know I'll be back. As much as I'd like to leave for good, I won't. I like the place too much, and I've got a niche here.
But I'm sick to the fucking back teeth.

You know where to find me, if you truly want to.
I can be Pm'ed, emailed, Steam, Skype. But for now, no fucking forums.

No uppity Hasbro crap.

/thread

I sincerely doubt it was because it was pony related.

I think its more the fact that it was extremely NSFW. While not -actual- genitalia it still very much resembled it, and to top if off, it wasn't even in a spoiler.

I sincerely doubt it was because it was pony related.

I think its more the fact that it was extremely NSFW. While not -actual- genitalia it still very much resembled it, and to top if off, it wasn't even in a spoiler.
Don't fool yourself: there's been worse on the forums.

Well I haven't seen any worse on here that wasn't banned for, or at least removed.

...or wasn't in a spoiler with severe warnings.
Exactly: but have you seen any bans over such things?

For instance, someone posted some video of someone bludgeoning a dog to death. It was simply removed.

It's because it was vaguely pony-derogatory. And realistically, only because of such.

Nothing would have happened, say, if it was TF2-related. There's a good parallel. Moreover, if it was hence TF2 related, and someone posted it, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

It's about perspective. And perspective is highly skewed in this issue.

Exactly: but have you seen any bans over such things?

For instance, someone posted some video of someone bludgeoning a dog to death. It was simply removed.

It's because it was vaguely pony-derogatory. And realistically, only because of such.

Nothing would have happened, say, if it was TF2-related. There's a good parallel. Moreover, if it was hence TF2 related, and someone posted it, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

It's about perspective. And perspective is highly skewed in this issue.

However, bear in mind that ponies are an area of contention amongst the community whilst tf2 is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back