Ark: Survival Evolved

Looks like a new update coming out tonight:

Includes two new critters (Titanomyrma, Dimorphodon. Two new weapons (Crossbow and machined Shotgun) and some new paint colors
Capture.PNG

Server Patched to 187.0

Titanomyrmas: designed to ruin your sunday picnics!
Dimorphodons: designed to harass other dino riders!
Crossbow: use underwater to ping sharks from a distance!
Machined Shotgun: less powerful than primtiive, but more shots before reload and tighter spread!
Redesigned the look of the Stone Tier to look much nicer
Double the number of dyes. You want Pink? You got Pink!
You can no longer level up sleeping allies (so mean)
Approximate +25% Dedicated Server performance gain... PHYSX rewrite!!!!! >:-P -- and nice client performance gain in dense cities as well!
Keypads now work in densely packed bases (was a "too-many-overlaps" issue)
Server Memory Leak analysis
Fixed case of "invisible until you move" Structures on Client
Fixed losing Oxygen when swimming at water surface
You can unwire and rewrire placed traps -- while leaving them placed and remembering what they were wired to -- making it easier to leave your own base after setting traps up (we don't want to make traps completely ignore you when wired, however, to avoid the incentive to turn your base into a zone of infinite numbers of traps)
Megaton of bug fixes and usability improvements to be detailed

I'm only able to harvest every other resource, it seems. I have to click twice to harvest a rock on the ground, and only every other click on a plant harvests the berries/fiber.

Last edited:
I'm only able to harvest every other resource, it seems. I have to click twice to harvest a rock on the ground, and only every other click on a plant harvests the berries/fiber.

This seems to have been fixed in the 188.1 update as I'm not seeing it anymore

Slightly different as the program I'm using (Ark Server Manager) has a scale of 1 to 10. I've attached a snapshot of the settings

http://www.imagebam.com/image/394213424589091
http://www.imagebam.com/image/a06f57424589092
Ok, did some testing on some beach rocks.

Current harvest settings:
Got exactly what I saw before - every other click I got a rock.

Harvest amount set to 1.0:
Only harvested a rock once out of every 10 times I tried it.

Harvest amount set to 100.0:
Harvested 10 rocks at a time, with a total of 100 rocks (from a single rock on the beach).

It looks like all we need to do is keep the harvest amount equal to the harvest health.

Made the changes and mated them all to 9.0 (approx.). Server restarting so we'll see if that takes care of it.

Is this server still up? I'm buying the game today and would rather play on a friendly server.

sweet, I'll be sure to jump on once I've bought the game.

I took the server off line Redbox, but StTheo, BaconJim, Bothan13 and I are playing on a common server. If you like add me to your steam account and I'll give you the details.

I know of another server that's just starting out - pvpve, with weekly events. If mineyourmind dies out, I'd be willing to share the details. However, this is on the condition that whatever tribe we create becomes the strongest tribe on the server (I'm kind of pissed off at the biggest tribe).

I know of another server that's just starting out - pvpve, with weekly events. If mineyourmind dies out, I'd be willing to share the details. However, this is on the condition that whatever tribe we create becomes the strongest tribe on the server (I'm kind of pissed off at the biggest tribe).

Theo...one thing we should know after a few years is that we all have each others backs...plus some of us are assholes who like a challenge.

Theo...one thing we should know after a few years is that we all have each others backs...plus some of us are assholes who like a challenge.
And there are a few members who have the mindset of "the biggest and best" still isn't big enough or good enough.

*cough*Tsysin*cough*
:P

Back