Ark: Survival Evolved

So, I was on my way back from an expedition to a nearby mountain on my trusty beelzebufo (giant frog). As I was going down a cliff, my frog got stuck between a titanoboa and a phiomia, and couldn't move or attack. Its health dropping, I jumped off and attacked the vile snake with my only weapon, a metal pick. It died, but not before biting me. I fell unconscious, with my torpor bar 70% full and my health down to 30%.

Believing I was a goner, I planned out a simple rescue mission - grab a pteranodon, and fly as fast as I could to the frog. However, my frog jumped on top of me and protected me from everything that tried to kill me - meganeuras, raptors, even an argentavis. Down to 10% health, I finally woke up, jumped onto my frog, and proceeded to heal it by stuffing its mouth with as much raw meat as I could. We finally got back to base safe and sound, and I proceeded with rebuilding the bridge I was working on.

But then I saw a single titanomyrma flying towards me, and noticed my frog and I were surrounded by trikes and paraceratherium. After a single defensive shot of its tongue, we were both trampled.

Rest in peace, Magical AIDS Frog. You kept me safe, but I couldn't return the favor.

Speaking of which I'm going to be on the road traveling for the next four weeks so I'll be hit or run for a bit. Mainly just on the weekends I think

A few of us are on the server "JenassicArk": https://arkservers.net/server/104.197.130.225:27015

The admins are very professional, it has a nice community, it's well populated (dozens of us, dozens!), and there are a few really great mods we're using (glass metal, round structures/stairs, advanced forge/grinder, etc.). If anyone's interested, we've got a "T9K" tribe, and a couple fortresses on the island (one in the south and one on an iceberg).

Just in case anyone is still interested in this game. I happen to have a server up that you are all welcome to play on. It's still got a few tweaks that have to be made to it, but its running TheCenter and is primarily for my little brother(7yrs old) to have somewhere to play without dealing with the common internet folk. It is PVE as of right now(for the sake of my little brother) and I'm willing to share details with anyone interested. It is up to date with all the newest thingies, and no mods yet. That might come in the future.

I was considering a new thread but this one is here so why not. PM me for details.
I've been keen to get back onto Ark. I'll drop you a PM.

Just in case anyone is still interested in this game. I happen to have a server up that you are all welcome to play on. It's still got a few tweaks that have to be made to it, but its running TheCenter and is primarily for my little brother(7yrs old) to have somewhere to play without dealing with the common internet folk. It is PVE as of right now(for the sake of my little brother) and I'm willing to share details with anyone interested. It is up to date with all the newest thingies, and no mods yet. That might come in the future.

I was considering a new thread but this one is here so why not. PM me for details.
What kind of multipliers does the server have?

Does anyone still play this regularly?
I stopped a while ago. PVE was boring and PVP was just plain toxic. Only thing I really liked was the building aspect, which wasn't that great and I could get from Minecraft without getting a carnotaurus dropped on me by a 10 year old with a flying fortress.

I've had this game sitting around in my Steam folder for about a month now and I think I wanna try it out. I'm interested in joining in.

In a moment of weakness I decided to start playing again. Took 3 hours and an ungodly amount of metal for cannonballs, but managed to tame this beauty.
IMG_3209.JPG

Also forgive the potato quality, my computer is a bit old.

In a moment of weakness I decided to start playing again. Took 3 hours and an ungodly amount of metal for cannonballs, but managed to tame this beauty.
View attachment 145018

View attachment 145018

Just can't do that game any more way, way, too consuming. You're either raiding, defending, or grinding.

Back