Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra

Watched it. Flailed with excitement. I dunno.. I kinda like the pacing for the first episode. Korra at the end was so abrupt, it was like.. WHAT THE HELL! NEED MORE INFO! Though, character development gripe.. It's good to see her breaking off from the others, and recovering in her own way.. but more self-loathing? Really? After all the good she's done? It's like she doesn't learn/retain what she's learned.

Watched it. Flailed with excitement. I dunno.. I kinda like the pacing for the first episode. Korra at the end was so abrupt, it was like.. WHAT THE HELL! NEED MORE INFO! Though, character development gripe.. It's good to see her breaking off from the others, and recovering in her own way.. but more self-loathing? Really? After all the good she's done? It's like she doesn't learn/retain what she's learned.

It's quite natural for her to be self-loathing though, considering all that's happened. Not only has she been constantly questioning her identity as the avatar and her existence in the world, she's lost her connection to all the previous avatars, effectively been turned into a cripple, and been replaced as the "guardian of the world" by Tenzin and the airbenders. Furthermore, her ability as a bender has been significantly weakened if the last section of episode 1 are anything to go by.

If I was in the same situation, I'd definitely be self-loathing.

It's quite natural for her to be self-loathing though, considering all that's happened. Not only has she been constantly questioning her identity as the avatar and her existence in the world, she's lost her connection to all the previous avatars, effectively been turned into a cripple, and been replaced as the "guardian of the world" by Tenzin and the airbenders. Furthermore, her ability as a bender has been significantly weakened if the last section of episode 1 are anything to go by.

If I was in the same situation, I'd definitely be self-loathing.
I can understand that. I would probably feel very similar. But I would also find a bit of comfort knowing.. hey, the world didn't end. Spirits and humans are side by side. I helped bring back the airbenders, who are helping restore balance to the world, since I can only be on one place at one time. Stuff like that. I guess it's hard to step back and look at the other side/silver lining when you're actively going through some tough times.

I can understand that. I would probably feel very similar. But I would also find a bit of comfort knowing.. hey, the world didn't end. Spirits and humans are side by side. I helped bring back the airbenders, who are helping restore balance to the world, since I can only be on one place at one time. Stuff like that. I guess it's hard to step back and look at the other side/silver lining when you're actively going through some tough times.
Especially when the silver lining you created is actively taking over your position as "restorer of peace."

She no longer has a duty, nothing to keep her mind off of self reflection/loathing.

Meeeh. Her duty is still to bring balance. There's just no major crisis at the moment, so she just doesn't see it anymore. Which I'm sure will change.. otherwise we'd have no show.

Bahahahaha
tumblr_nd8d1f5i2a1rvb20so3_500.png

So after watching all 3 seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender about 3-4 times, I've decided to start watching The Legend of Korra. I started it two nights ago and I'm on Book 3 now. Time to go finish Book 3 because addictions are real.

So after watching all 3 seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender about 3-4 times, I've decided to start watching The Legend of Korra. I started it two nights ago and I'm on Book 3 now. Time to go finish Book 3 because addictions are real.
What is your opinion on the pre-Wan episodes of Season 2 as someone who didn't have to sit though weeks to get to Wan's story?

I just watched the Book 4 trailer, I haven't watched Korra or anything yet. But it made me realize how much I miss Aang and Appa, and that whole bunch. Definitely going to download all of Avatar + Korra and have a marathon

For a clip episode, I think this latest episode did fine. Seemed more like an abridged version of Legend of Korra. Definitely loved the
villain phone-call. "Unalaq: The diabolical but incredibly boring and unpopular sorcerer from the north."

I'm rather unhappy with Nickelodeon.

1419008470409.png

That season finally was the best thing it could have been.
Also Nick is a masterful troll for teasing Mako and Korra being together and then giving everyone what they wanted
1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

Edit: In case any doubt existed on them being "just friends"
1419119752905.png

Back