Battlefield 4 Impressions

But i agree the graphic isent all importent but games as Battlefield that is about war they need the graphic more then other games like Legend of Zelda that uses Art works and story more

(My dad actually plays Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD )
and DAMN the faces are scary! XD
but good graphic for Certain games and support for the graphic on a Consol as PS3 or Xbox360 (or what not)
Yes I do agree with you about some games dont need that much graphic design but games like Battlefield and Call of Duty how fast everything is moving the graphics might and probably wil be a little worse than other games

Graphics on a console will never beat the graphics on a PC simply because the PC has a far higher range of customizability. Sure, if you were running a potato hooked up to a CRT monitor, then the console will more than likely have better graphics. I for one am an extremely firm believer in PC FPS gaming. No shooter should be played on a controller. Argue all you want about how COD is a console FPS, but mouse/keyboard offers far more maneuverability than 2 sticks and 12 buttons, 14 if u include L3/R3 for PS3.

That aside, the game is solid, story was relatively interesting. But I crashed way too often at the start to have fun at all. Just as things start to get good, game crashes. About to rush into enemy flanks undetected, game crashes. Finally got the little bird up and veering towards unsuspecting enemies, game crashes. I raged so hard in the first few days/week that I pretty much gave up for awhile. I haven't been crashing much lately so maybe they're doing something right with their fixes.

Vehicular controls are wonky. They're no longer smooth turns like in BF3 and more like a retard spinning the wheel a couple rounds to change lanes. Way too extreme turning. Elevators are deathtraps. Sniping is easier. Counter knifing is great.

Graphics on a console will never beat the graphics on a PC simply because the PC has a far higher range of customizability. Sure, if you were running a potato hooked up to a CRT monitor, then the console will more than likely have better graphics. I for one am an extremely firm believer in PC FPS gaming. No shooter should be played on a controller. Argue all you want about how COD is a console FPS, but mouse/keyboard offers far more maneuverability than 2 sticks and 12 buttons, 14 if u include L3/R3 for PS3.

That aside, the game is solid, story was relatively interesting. But I crashed way too often at the start to have fun at all. Just as things start to get good, game crashes. About to rush into enemy flanks undetected, game crashes. Finally got the little bird up and veering towards unsuspecting enemies, game crashes. I raged so hard in the first few days/week that I pretty much gave up for awhile. I haven't been crashing much lately so maybe they're doing something right with their fixes.

Vehicular controls are wonky. They're no longer smooth turns like in BF3 and more like a retard spinning the wheel a couple rounds to change lanes. Way too extreme turning. Elevators are deathtraps. Sniping is easier. Counter knifing is great.
Yeah you are right about pc beating console with with graphics and the vehicle controls my turns are smoother than Battlefield 3. And yes elevators are deathtraps. Also they did fix the game crashing.

Pretty simple.

Elevators go to roofs. Roofs are vantage points. Therefore snipers are the ones up there. Snipers are also the ones carrying the C4. So they just throw a pack down in front of the elevator door and go about their sniping. When they hear the ring of the elevator doors, they simply turn around, wait for the door to open with the enemy inside, and *Boom*

Or there could be a full squad up there with unlimited resupply and healing. Then you'd get automatic gunfire in your face the moment the doors open.

Pretty simple.

Elevators go to roofs. Roofs are vantage points. Therefore snipers are the ones up there. Snipers are also the ones carrying the C4. So they just throw a pack down in front of the elevator door and go about their sniping. When they hear the ring of the elevator doors, they simply turn around, wait for the door to open with the enemy inside, and *Boom*

Or there could be a full squad up there with unlimited resupply and healing. Then you'd get automatic gunfire in your face the moment the doors open.

Well i and 2 other guys killed 5-7 players by ourself going up that elevator and none of us died so it isent that hard.
(and they were standing in rows infront, ready to shot us.)

It isent impossible.

Well i and 2 other guys killed 5-7 players by ourself going up that elevator and none of us died so it isent that hard.
(and they were standing in rows infront, ready to shot us.)

It isent impossible.
Well, I never said it was impossible but if it was that easy to kill them with a 3 man squad then the campers were clearly not doing things right. If they had a single pack of C4 you probably wouldn't even be able to fire more than a 3 round burst.

The other issue with elevators is that if you're in one and a building collapses, then you're a goner.

How are they deathtraps?

Better question, how are they not?! :D (I prefer taking stairs in real life if it's not too uncomfortable)

The other issue with elevators is that if you're in one and a building collapses, then you're a goner.

That's something to expect if you take one. But back to the "problem" with Campers in front of the elevators. I don't really see a problem there, they just take the advantage, doesn'tmean that there are any ways to trick them or get them off the Roof before you or someone else trys to get on the roof with the elevator.

At least they fixed that things you place in the elevator travel with you now instead of of staying the same Level U used them, though it ruined a nasty trick I tried last time.

Btw, anyone having problems with loadout lately? Somehow the advanced editory buttons aren't working anymore.

The only way to counter skilled roof campers are either by air or sniping them off from another building. Its not exactly possible to trick someone when all you have is a single door to exit from. Your only hiding places in the lift are the right and left sides of the door, and even there you're never fully concealed. I suppose you could try tubing them from somewhere but even that isn't easy. Point still remains that the lift is the most dangerous way up.

Actually, the campers don't even need to be skilled. As long as they're competent, a full squad of 5 can take on any number of men you try to squeeze in a lift. Face it, you've got a recon with C4 up on the lift front. Door opens, C4 blows. Lets take into account that maybe you're at the back of the lift and the blast doesn't kill you. If you're at the back, you are in view of any men standing outside the lift. They're camping. They expect you. They open fire. 2 guys with rifles, 1 guy with an MG and an engineer with a rocket. Well, maybe the sniper pulls out his pistol and joins in too. Ammo box nearby, health box nearby.

Deathtrap.

The only way to counter skilled roof campers are either by air or sniping them off from another building. Its not exactly possible to trick someone when all you have is a single door to exit from. Your only hiding places in the lift are the right and left sides of the door, and even there you're never fully concealed. I suppose you could try tubing them from somewhere but even that isn't easy. Point still remains that the lift is the most dangerous way up.

Actually, the campers don't even need to be skilled. As long as they're competent, a full squad of 5 can take on any number of men you try to squeeze in a lift. Face it, you've got a recon with C4 up on the lift front. Door opens, C4 blows. Lets take into account that maybe you're at the back of the lift and the blast doesn't kill you. If you're at the back, you are in view of any men standing outside the lift. They're camping. They expect you. They open fire. 2 guys with rifles, 1 guy with an MG and an engineer with a rocket. Well, maybe the sniper pulls out his pistol and joins in too. Ammo box nearby, health box nearby.

Deathtrap.

Its hard but not impossible sure.

Here what I do in such cases (if I'm alone, if the mates don't coop as it is most likely all the time, if the elevator isn't the only thing they have to concentrate on and I'm simply too bored to take one of the several other elevators to get up (either from another building or the same)):

I keep an eye on the minimap, so if someone shoots I can expect how many there may be up there and toy around with the elevator, sending it up and down for some several times without staying inside. After some time when I may get the feeling they are don't keep attention anymore to the elevator or may be too busy defending against other players I start both again and stay in one of them, most of the time I'm able to kill them all or, at times where there are simply too many to notice me going up and killing their mates, at least one, since most players are more likely selfish or don't team up so good or simply don't watch what is going on around them.

And even if that little possibility is too much, I may either not go up there since I have to expect them too shoot all at once or throw explosves, or in case of the large skyscraper, I'll crash the pillars.

but yes, deathtrap.... which remembers me: Y NO STAAAAIRS?!

Here what I do in such cases (if I'm alone, if the mates don't coop as it is most likely all the time, if the elevator isn't the only thing they have to concentrate on and I'm simply too bored to take one of the several other elevators to get up (either from another building or the same)):

I keep an eye on the minimap, so if someone shoots I can expect how many there may be up there and toy around with the elevator, sending it up and down for some several times without staying inside. After some time when I may get the feeling they are don't keep attention anymore to the elevator or may be too busy defending against other players I start both again and stay in one of them, most of the time I'm able to kill them all or, at times where there are simply too many to notice me going up and killing their mates, at least one, since most players are more likely selfish or don't team up so good or simply don't watch what is going on around them.

And even if that little possibility is too much, I may either not go up there since I have to expect them too shoot all at once or throw explosves, or in case of the large skyscraper, I'll crash the pillars.

but yes, deathtrap.... which remembers me: Y NO STAAAAIRS?!

its above 30-50 floors? and you expect stairs!? the skyscraper whould fall befor you even reach the top

I guess we all can accept the fact that elevators are deathtraps but I like your idea of decoy elevators DerDo

its above 30-50 floors? and you expect stairs!? the skyscraper whould fall befor you even reach the top
I'd still do it at least once.

Btw i actually did that quite alot on the Open Beta, it was quite funny annoying them ^^
Well if U can imagine of any other nasty tricks, like walking under the ground by getting pushed underground by the securityshutters of a shop (already fixed, and was useless since U can't interact with anything, and would have been unfair) or staying inside an elevator, place c4, wait for an enemy to use it, so Change places and let it explode (also fixed, equipment moves with U now :D ;( :D ;() then let us all know.... espacially me. :D

Back