Boston Marathon Explosion

don't know the truth in this, but I have heard that it was basically like an old artillery shell. Full of pellets, meant to rip apart people. Judging from the wounds, I would assume that the top was covered in some way. I feel horrible for everyone that had their goals in life taken away for the heck of it. Gun and explosive laws america. Come on. Saw this coming.

Totally agree with what Pixiel said. During a crisis such as this, there are no democrats or republicans, only Americans.

As to what you think you know about the explosive advice, best not to spread what you hear as very little has been discovered so far, and even from what has been discovered, very little has been disclosed officially and is known to be fact. It is best to wait for official press conferences and official documents about what happened after the forensic evidence has been analyzed and the investigation has been completed.

Strat glad you and yours are ok. This is such a sad thing to hear about. As for Dr_LASR the gun and explosive laws in america are not what's causing this. There will and have always been people out to hurt others. No matter how strict you make laws, the criminal's will still get what they want or need and destroy lives.

Just posting what I heard. Can't hurt to tell. I just deleted it. Honestly, you could've dismissed it. Now everyone is making a deal out of it. Related to this topic, is that the organizer for this event was "sick" or had some form of absence regarding the finishing of this event. I know its silly, but my uncle really presses these topics.

A guy my Mom knows was running in the Marathon. He's uninjured as far as I know. Sad stuff though, that someone would do that.

;_;
RushBostonTweet.jpg

A runner has uploaded a video of the first explosion. It is very disturbing, so please watch at your own discretion. This video really gives you a feel of how terrifying the blast really was, Truly awful.

A runner has uploaded a video of the first explosion. It is very disturbing, so please watch at your own discretion. This video really gives you a feel of how terrifying the blast really was, Truly awful.

That is absolutely horrifying. It seems almost too surreal to be true.

Word on the guy that had both his legs blown off. From a person on reddit who for the most part verified to at least know him has verified that he is in stable condition.

His name is Jeff. And a word from the father of Jeff's facebook:

Can everyone pray for my Son Jeff jr who was at the finish line today in Boston. He
is in surgery right now with injuries to his legs. I just can't explain whats wrong with
people today to do this to people. I'm really starting to lose faith in our country.

I'm not trying to be heartless at all here, I promise.. As tragically terrible as this is people fail to realize that shit like this happens a hell of a lot. There has been thousands of bombings in the middle east since 2001-02(ish).. But you never hear about that, but something like this happens in America and everyone hears about, and everyone with their faith held strong are praying like crazy. I think it's time humans act a little less like animals and more like intelligent human beings.
I apoligize if any one thought that may have been at all heartless.. I know for a fact of 900 students and faculty that will be praying for all of these individuals every morning at my school, all together.

I'm not trying to be heartless at all here, I promise.. As tragically terrible as this is people fail to realize that shit like this happens a hell of a lot. There has been thousands of bombings in the middle east since 2001-02(ish).. But you never hear about that, but something like this happens in America and everyone hears about, and everyone with their faith held strong are praying like crazy. I think it's time humans act a little less like animals and more like intelligent human beings.
I apoligize if any one thought that may have been at all heartless.. I know for a fact of 900 students and faculty that will be praying for all of these individuals every morning at my school, all together.
I get where you are coming from, and it's not heartless, I get it. But I think what shocks and horrifies people the most is that they don't expect a bombing at such a happy event, especially in a (for the most part) stable country. The end of a marathon is supposed to be a happy time where people celebrate their personal goals, and congratulate each other, but out of the blue, there was a bomb. A lot of people got hurt, even some killed, including an 8 year-old boy (which has a lot of emotional impact). I think it has just come to the point where people expect the middle eastern countries to be bombed, it's not as surprising, it's not as tragic to us as it doesn't really concern us much. (I'm not saying that we shouldn't care about the bombings in the Middle east, I'm just speaking what I think about the situation)

I get where you are coming from, and it's not heartless, I get it. But I think what shocks and horrifies people the most is that they don't expect a bombing at such a happy event, especially in a (for the most part) stable country. The end of a marathon is supposed to be a happy time where people celebrate their personal goals, and congratulate each other, but out of the blue, there was a bomb. A lot of people got hurt, even some killed, including an 8 year-old boy (which has a lot of emotional impact). I think it has just come to the point where people expect the middle eastern countries to be bombed, it's not as surprising, it's not as tragic to us as it doesn't really concern us much. (I'm not saying that we shouldn't care about the bombings in the Middle east, I'm just speaking what I think about the situation)
You're totally right.. Maybe everyone will start realizing we are never safe.

Indeed, news headlines this morning for me were
1: Boston bombings, 2 killed, many injured
2: Iraq bombings, 300 killed, hundreds more injured

Still, it's pretty gruesome to see this sorta thing in a civilian context, like Nuron said.

Back