• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Cant join?

Anyone can download the client from minecraft.net, but you can't play if you can't log in, so you have to have bought it and have a username/password. It sounds like you are trying to play without legitimately paying for premium. We do not condone that here. If you are not sure whether or not you bought premium, you probably did not.

Anyone can download the client from minecraft.net, but you can't play if you can't log in, so you have to have bought it and have a username/password. It sounds like you are trying to play without legitimately paying for premium. We do not condone that here. If you are not sure whether or not you bought premium, you probably did not.

Condone and advocate are really big words that I occasionally mix up too.

Condone and advocate are really big words that I occasionally mix up too.

I was unaware that I mixed them up...Let me replace the word with its definition to see if it makes sense.

Anyone can download the client from minecraft.net, but you can't play if you can't log in, so you have to have bought it and have a username/password. It sounds like you are trying to play without legitimately paying for premium. We do not "accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue" here. If you are not sure whether or not you bought premium, you probably did not.

Condone = Accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue.

Me saying we do not condone that is the same thing as condemning his actions because they are morally wrong.

I was unaware that I mixed them up...Let me replace the word with its definition to see if it makes sense.

Anyone can download the client from minecraft.net, but you can't play if you can't log in, so you have to have bought it and have a username/password. It sounds like you are trying to play without legitimately paying for premium. We do not "accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue" here. If you are not sure whether or not you bought premium, you probably did not.

Condone = Accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue.

Me saying we do not condone that is the same thing as condemning his actions because they are morally wrong.

I like how sometimes condone sounds like "DO NOT DO" before it is googled, and adding NOT "DO NOT DO" is an easy to confuzzle someone.

I like how sometimes condone sounds like "DO NOT DO" before it is googled, and adding NOT "DO NOT DO" is an easy to confuzzle someone.

Even though I use the word all the time, I still have to do a 10 second look-up every time I use it. It is just one of those words.

Back