Civ 5

You probably did one of numerous things to trigger an "I hate you" reaction to the first empire you destroyed, or they just happened to be America, Rome, or Greece, who are all jerks. Then, you completely destroyed that empire. While one might think that destroying an empire causes the reaction of "Don't cross that badass," it actually causes the reaction of "He's a threat!"

You also mentioned destroying city states. Don't do that unless you mean to take over the world. In addition to building up bad vibes between you and other city states that makes them pressure their friends to fight you, it's actually MUCH more advantageous to just give them a thousand gold every hundred turns or so and reap the benefits of their many bonuses.

AI actually don't mind war too much, they mind people who make war effectively.
The first empire I declared war on was Rome. America, Rome, and Greece were all in the game so that probably explains a lot.

I made a Civ 5 map :D
I had the idea of a map focused on naval gameplay.
So I made one
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97101468

The middle island has 6 barbarian rocket artillery on it with a bonus against subs.
The island there gives a strategic advantage because your units can heal there and you can buy new units there.
Also, all the resources are located on your starting island :D

I made a Civ 5 map :D
I had the idea of a map focused on naval gameplay.
So I made one
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97101468

The middle island has 6 barbarian rocket artillery on it with a bonus against subs.
The island there gives a strategic advantage because your units can heal there and you can buy new units there.
Also, all the resources are located on your starting island :D
Forgive me if I'm being a noob, but I only see two islands, the starting island and the barbarian island. Further, why did you decide to go with mountains around the perimeter of the starting island except for a single tile on the west?

Forgive me if I'm being a noob, but I only see two islands, the starting island and the barbarian island. Further, why did you decide to go with mountains around the perimeter of the starting island except for a single tile on the west?
- It's a 1v1, 2v2 map, so there will only be 3 islands.
- I wanted it to be a naval map, I only made one easy defendable entry, so you wont get raped by land units.

- It's a 1v1, 2v2 map, so there will only be 3 islands.
- I wanted it to be a naval map, I only made one easy defendable entry, so you wont get raped by land units.

Well...if your navy is small then you deserve to be raped by land units in a map like that. If you're navy is large enough, you should be able to take out the land units while en route at sea and not worry about it. Also, lots of bonus exp for that.

Well...if your navy is small then you deserve to be raped by land units in a map like that. If you're navy is large enough, you should be able to take out the land units while en route at sea and not worry about it. Also, lots of bonus exp for that.
I was thinking along the same lines. six triremes could probably cover the entire coastline.

2013-10-21_00018 copy.jpg

I guess he made up his mind.

I don't mean to revive this thread, but its the only place to ask this question.

How the hell did I end up winning my SP game?!?

>8 players, Earth, Quick turns.
>Difficulty 1 below Prince (My first SP game)
>Played random leader, got Germany.

I took out the Aztecs first (dirty bastards started war with me 3 times and I decided to kill em off), then I got to Nukes first, but Rome on my borders decided it would be funny to get nukes too... I killed them off next.

From there, I was about to pick a fight with France (next biggest superpower, but on opposite side of world) and the game just ups and ends itself and declares me the winner... I want to know how. Wasn't a Domination win, wasn't culture or science... Only thing I can think of it being was turn #330 might have been a limit set up somehow and I didn't realize it...

Anyways, some pics:

CivilizationV_DX11 2014-01-31 21-42-54-21.png

CivilizationV_DX11 2014-01-31 21-44-40-42.png

CivilizationV_DX11 2014-01-31 21-45-21-83.png

CivilizationV_DX11 2014-01-31 21-46-13-07.png

Edit~ Ah, I just saw that it does say 0 turns remaining... Any way to up that to infinite?

I don't mean to revive this thread, but its the only place to ask this question.

I took out the Aztecs first (dirty bastards started war with me 3 times and I decided to kill em off), then I got to Nukes first, but Rome on my borders decided it would be funny to get nukes too... I killed them off next.

From there, I was about to pick a fight with France (next biggest superpower, but on opposite side of world) and the game just ups and ends itself and declares me the winner... I want to know how. Wasn't a Domination win, wasn't culture or science... Only thing I can think of it being was turn #330 might have been a limit set up somehow and I didn't realize it...

Anyways, some pics:

View attachment 142748
View attachment 142749
View attachment 142750
View attachment 142751

Edit~ Ah, I just saw that it does say 0 turns remaining... Any way to up that to infinite?
Yea, you won due to a Time Victory (person with highest score at 2050AD wins by default). When you play a new game, uncheck the Time victory situation. Or just start from an earlier time period.

Your citizens absolutely hate you.
Incase you couldn't tell, I was in the process of raising that happiness when the game ended itself. I had courthouses and other happiness raising buildings queued up in cities, and really, who cares if they hate me? I'm fucking Germany, my military is strong and I get free units without even trying. Let alone I was sitting on 5 Nukes and around 8 wonders built.

Anyways, some pics:

View attachment 142748
View attachment 142749
View attachment 142750
View attachment 142751

Go to advanced settings to mess with turn conditions and game speed.

Where'd all your money come from?

Another announcement: Civilization V is out for linux!
Edit: I think that's why they're doing the sale--it's now on SteamOS, which consequently means it's on linux. (SteamOS is a linux-based distribution.)

Back