• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Creepy Ghostly Whispers in Singleplayer

Alright so earlier today my internet was down for about an hour. I thought "What better to do than play some wonderful singleplayer and build random crap for the hell of it?". I began to build a giant multi hundred block Cydonian Empire eagle when suddenly I heard one of the many frequent ominous, creepy sound effects. Usually I just shiver, look around for Herobrine, and eventually shake off the creepy sound in around a few minutes. But literally 5 seconds after I heard the creepy sound effect, I heard a ghostly voice whisper "You'll die". This is not the first time I heard a ghostly voice, this is just the first time what the ghost said was audible.

This has shocked me, and I have uninstalled ALL singleplayer mods, because you couldn't get me to play singleplayer if you held a gun to my head.

Anybody else encountered this horrifying ghostly voice?

this happened to me too last week. (signed up just to say this)
I was building a house in creative and an enderman was near
and something started whispering.
I think i heard something like you will die and there was something else but i didnt understand
it has to be an ester egg OR HEROBRINE
plz reply what else could this be

this happened to me too last week. (signed up just to say this)
I was building a house in creative and an enderman was near
and something started whispering.
I think i heard something like you will die and there was something else but i didnt understand
it has to be an ester egg OR HEROBRINE
plz reply what else could this be
Making an account just to revive a 2.5 year old thread? lol.

I guess those sounds are just for ambience. So you have a feeling of being followed by creepers and shit.
Or there's a real ghost inside your computer. Call the ghostbastards - uh - busters !

*cough* *cough* mods *cough*
I'v searched internets - other people also heard those sounds, and they didn't say anything about mods. And I've been playing FTB Monster Mod Pack for like 200-300 hours, and never heard those sounds anywhere until yesterday.
And what is strange that regular ambiance sounds are random, but whose creepy ones are persistent on the same spot. Will test today after work if they are still there after game restart.

Back