Cube World, the 20% cooler Minecraft.

After just reading the last two pages on this thread as well as the link Pasaria posted:
image.png

The building is not as creativity-focused as Minecraft. In fact, Notch has said that if the sandbox portion of minecraft hadn't taken off, minecraft would have been a lot more similar to what Cube World is looking to become. People forget that minecraft was supposed to become an RPG, not a sandbox game.

Minecraft will always be better. Minecraft is like Lego's, and everyone loves legos. Cube world is not a sandbox game where you build stuff. People were attracted to Minecraft because they could build things and use there imagination and live within their creations. Cube world is just another RPG game. You explore, you kill shit, and you level up. WEEEEEEE!! :poop:

At least that's how I look at it.

Minecraft will always be better. Minecraft is like Lego's, and everyone loves legos. Cube world is not a sandbox game where you build stuff. People were attracted to Minecraft because they could build things and use there imagination and live within their creations. Cube world is just another RPG game. You explore, you kill shit, and you level up. WEEEEEEE!! :poop:

At least that's how I look at it.
I wouldn't say "better". I for example never played with legos, nor did I ever actually build something in Minecraft. I always was the one who helped people build their big structures. Everyone has their own taste. For example I keep coming back to Terraria because of its adventurous feel, slaying bosses, acquiring strong weapons and such. I will definitely be buying CubeWorld, just waiting for my money to get delivered on paypal.

And in case you say the more creative minds will be drawn to Minecraft more, that's not necessarily true. I work as a musician and get paid for it. I sometimes have to work 10h or more per day, having to use my creativity to its fullest.

I'd also like to put in my two cents. I love cube world because of the rpg aspect, while at the same time I like the building and (comparatively) limited creativity. I get bored with the purely build-focused aspect of minecraft, and wish it had more rp built in.

Here's the deal, the only way you can compare minecraft to cubeworld is the graphics. With that being said they are two absolutely different games and they can't really be compared.

Back