Cube World, the 20% cooler Minecraft.

Who ever went afk on bored's sever over night while being a level 200 is a dick. Several people who were just starting out wanted to play together on bored's sever, and you made it impossible for them to play at all, cause everything was to your level. Thanks a lot, you massive tool.

Who ever went afk on bored's sever over night while being a level 200 is a dick. Several people who were just starting out wanted to play together on bored's sever, and you made it impossible for them to play at all, cause everything was to your level. Thanks a lot, you massive tool.
I'm not going to lie... That's pretty awesome. I have yet to buy this game, but I envision it this way:
*Walks up to a bunny*
*Bunny turns around and one-shots you*

It was me and u can kiss my ass. i fell asleep and forgot i was logged in.

It was me and u can kiss my ass. i fell asleep and forgot i was logged in.
~3 hour interval restarts sound good? Probably will be implementing this when in-game console -> chat messages are possible to warn of impending restarts.

P.S. Can reconnect after restarts in-game via the "/connect (ip)" in chat.

I got so close to getting it to work:
tumblr_inline_mq5iwg7UNR1qz4rgp.png

But nope.
tumblr_inline_mq5iwuz2jU1qz4rgp.png

3 hour restarts sounds great, because a lot of people afk for the exp from the global quests. Which in turn might heighten the level of the mobs.

Can't say that I've played Cubeworld for about two weeks, however... I thought that the Inn set the level of the mobs to the person who last used it (At least at the Quest/Boss sites) ?

But nope.

Help me Obi Wan Bootcamp Kenobi, you're my only hope.

But nope.

The graphics coding for the game use modern DirectX in place of OpenGL (Basically the 3d Graphics equivalent of developing exclusively for Internet Explorer). Wine (the Engine of Crossover and Wineskin) does not support modern DirectX very well. This means that you will need to use a Windows VM or a Windows box.

See AppDB for current wine support status: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=15296

try getting a real machine and stop listening to Jerzey about what a mac can do. :p

By the way OS X is a way better OS than Windows. The only reason Windows is more common then *INX (OS X, Linux, ect...) is because of the fact there are more developers for it and therefor there is more software.

By the way OS X is a way better OS than Windows. The only reason Windows is more common then *INX (OS X, Linux, ect...) is because of the fact there are more developers for it and therefor there is more software.

So, you saying there is more software for windows complements your earlier statement how? Give him an example as to why Mac OS is stronger /better than windows.

Mac OS usually focuses on the user experience with less maintenance, and fewer viruses, (which is a result from it being lesser used than Windows) and that Mac computers work better with Apple devices. So while it is a decent platform, I wouldn't say it's better than Windows, especially since Windows has a lot more support with software/backwards compatibility/customization. As for the customization, Windows has the edge on both hardware, and software.

And of course, since this is a gaming community, windows by far has more support for games, than any Mac platform does. <-- That's the kicker for me.

Can't say that I've played Cubeworld for about two weeks, however... I thought that the Inn set the level of the mobs to the person who last used it (At least at the Quest/Boss sites) ?

we have had many theories as to that, after last night i think you may be right. Brad and i were killing level 265 mobs dropping +94 to +98 stuff and then the server reset and they started dropping +57 to +61 stuff and even now today they still are dropping low crap but we even had Sundragon use the Inn and he was only like 40 levels below us and they still were stuck dropping +57 to +61 stuff. i don't understand how mobs can be +4 dropping +94 to +98 one minute and the next they drop low stuff and no matter how you reset it they never get back up there again.

So, you saying there is more software for windows complements your earlier statement how? Give him an example as to why Mac OS is stronger /better than windows.

I would first like to make clear I am talking about Software ONLY, NOT hardware.

Windows is a PC OS (Based on DOS and NT) that was originally designed in the 90s. It was made for computers that could only run a few things at once. This is fine except for the fact that as computers advanced Microsoft used old libraries in their new frameworks and libraries. In simple terms Windows became overly complex and therefor hard to debug.

Mac OS X is a workstation OS (based on NeXT) that Apple Rebranded that they also Preinstall and Support on there Systems. In layman's terms it is basically UNIX with a commercial developer base that is targeted at consumers.

NeXT was originally made for computers that you would do loads of computationally intensive work on. What killed NeXT was the fact the computers that could run it costed over $100,000. Windows on the other hand could run on a $1000 computer nicely at that time. When Jobs returned to Apple, Apple acquired NeXT and then later on used it as a code base for OS X because technology got to the point that a $1000 computer could run it.

NeXT/Mac OS X uses a set of APIs that just act as interfaces. What this means that if Apple deprecated a framework/library they can remove that framework/library without breaking application support by changing where that API the program redirects to. The only time when OS X lost backwards compatibility was with the removal of Rosetta (Framework used for legacy (Pre Universal Build) Mac OS programs) in v10.7.

Another thing that maxes NeXT/Mac OS X so great is that it is designed with multitasking in mind. The best example is lets say you have a Office Suite open with the script for a film and also have a Non-linear editing system open with the movie in it. If the Office Suite has a major crash you lose everything the office suit was supporting and not the entire system. This is not done on windows (As of windows 7) because it would require a major redesign of the kernel (Which would mean a redesign of most of the OS). The fact the Windows did not do this is the reason why it did not go the way of NeXT but computers have advanced a massive amount since the 90s.

Also Apple is a big fan of Rebranding Open Source software / developing Open source standards because, officially they want there systems to be highly compatible with other systems (In reality there software engineering division probably does not want to debug frameworks). Because of this most Unix software will also run on OS X and if you have the source code for a OS X program you could port it to Unix easily.

Microsoft on the other hand is a fan of making there own frameworks for vendor lock-in. An example of this is the non-standard extensions used by Internet Explorer. Another example is C# which is basically a Microsoft version of Java. What makes most games exclusive to windows is the fact that the developers use DirectX (Microsofts private graphics engine) and not OpenGL for graphics. What makes most applications exclusive to Windows is the fact that they use a Windows Proprietary framework.

Some companies have stared to switch to open source frameworks because it makes it easer to port. The primary reason they are taking so long is because there in-house frameworks uses some Windows Proprietary frameworks.

This is the reason why porting CubeWorld to Mac OS X is going to be a major endeavor.

EDIT: If you wish to continue this conversation without discussing how this affects CubeWorld we should do it in another thread. If you create one please PM me the link.

Yeesh didn't mean to start some Operating Systems disagreement because of the OS I use, sorry? I hear enough about how horrible my OS is everywhere else, I'd rather not hear about it here too. It's starting to feel like salt in the wound. If I could use Windows on a Windows machine at this point, I would be using it.
Until then, it's going to take some time until I get a computer that I will put Windows on. Mostly because of just getting the money together. I can't expect much help from my family in that regard; My dad is very Pro-Mac, Anti-Windows and we haven't had a Windows installation disk since Windows 98, with an XP upgrade disk.
I can't build a computer because I need something portable; I probably won't be settling down in any one place for the next 5-10 years and by that time too many new technologies will have come out.
If I told him I just want to get another computer to install Windows OS on and play games on, he'd scoff and that would be the end of it. For this project I'm on my own and I'm fine with that. It's just not something that will happen at the snap of my fingers.

I'm not as tech-savvy as a lot of the people here, and compared to a lot of you I am a pretty casual gamer. So, honestly, if anything I say or do seems like a child's play stupid mistake to you, just know that it may be me just being legitimately confused or uneducated on the subject.

Thanks Casham I'll look into it.

Yeesh didn't mean to start some Operating Systems disagreement because of the OS I use, sorry? I hear enough about how horrible my OS is everywhere else, I'd rather not hear about it here too. It's starting to feel like salt in the wound. If I could use Windows on a Windows machine at this point, I would be using it.
Until then, it's going to take some time until I get a computer that I will put Windows on. Mostly because of just getting the money together. I can't expect much help from my family in that regard; My dad is very Pro-Mac, Anti-Windows and we haven't had a Windows installation disk since Windows 98, with an XP upgrade disk.
I can't build a computer because I need something portable; I probably won't be settling down in any one place for the next 5-10 years and by that time too many new technologies will have come out.
If I told him I just want to get another computer to install Windows OS on and play games on, he'd scoff and that would be the end of it. For this project I'm on my own and I'm fine with that. It's just not something that will happen at the snap of my fingers.

I'm not as tech-savvy as a lot of the people here, and compared to a lot of you I am a pretty casual gamer. So, honestly, if anything I say or do seems like a child's play stupid mistake to you, just know that it may be me just being legitimately confused or uneducated on the subject.

Thanks Casham I'll look into it.

Apologies if I was rather blunt, but from my experience a Bootcamp partition is fantastic, and unlike most VM or Emulators out there, it will take full advantage of your dedicated video card, assuming that you're using a Macbook or MB Pro variant.

Not entirely sure about integrated graphics compatibility, but in terms of hardware these days, they're practically the same since the move from PowerPC.

✝Making the assumption that you're using an intel based Mac.

Apologies if I was rather blunt, but from my experience a Bootcamp partition is fantastic, and unlike most VM or Emulators out there, it will take full advantage of your dedicated video card, assuming that you're using a Macbook or MB Pro variant.

Not entirely sure about integrated graphics compatibility, but in terms of hardware these days, they're practically the same since the move from PowerPC.
Sorry if I got a bit heated. Sometimes I know something is meant as a joke or just a small jab and I can appreciate bringing humor to something otherwise pathetic or downtrodden in nature, but when it's a joke you've heard time and time again it feels less and less like a joke.
My rant wasn't directed at anybody in particular, it's just something I wanted to get off my chest. Sorry if you or anybody else felt or feel targeted because of it.
When I get a good internet access after work tonight (My dad also only has dial up at his house, there's a faint wireless signal in the driveway), I'll see what I can do with Bootcamp. I'm not sure about this but I thought Bootcamp required a copy of a Windows Operating system to function, because of something called "duel booting" I think? Not entirely sure, but I'll have to get my hands on something or a demo of something more recent.

Out of the two, it's a Macbook that I have.

Bootcamp required a copy of a Windows Operating system to function
You generally need a cd or a flash drive that holds a copy of Windows to make use of Bootcamp. The process is pretty quick, simple, and easy.

I used this on my Mac to be able to run Windows.

My DOSH wasn't directed at anybody in particular, it's just something I wanted to get off my lodsofemone. Sorry if you or anybody else felt or feel targeted because of it.

I was very blunt though.
Kappa.png

Fun fact, back in the day the Mac guys called it Winblowz and they called it Crapple :D

You generally need a DOSH drive that holds a copy of lodsofmone to make use of Bootcamp. The process is pretty quick, simple, and it's raining mone!

I used this on my Mac to be able to run Windows.

There's also academic pricing, if you're eligible that is.

And then there's your cousins brothers aunts sisters uncles friend who's last night stand once called that guy option.
pirate.gif

There was one point where I could have gotten the complete WIndows 7 OS for free because I was in a Computer Science class but that Windows has passed. XD
That's pretty funny though. They've always seemed to be taking blows at one another.
Sorry if I completely derailed this thread, I guess we should probably get back to talking about Cube World. ;w;
also I need to go to work

There was one point where I could have gotten the complete WIndows 7 OS for free because I was in a Computer Science class but that Windows has passed. XD
That's pretty funny though. They've always seemed to be taking blows at one another.
Sorry if I completely derailed this thread, I guess we should probably get back to talking about Cube World. ;w;
also I need to go to work
Windows 7 hasn't passed. my SSD died a couple of weeks ago and i reinstalled windows 7 on the new SSD, i refuse to ever own windows 8, it's a piece of shit and needs to die.

Windows 7 hasn't passed. my SSD died a couple of weeks ago and i reinstalled windows 7 on the new SSD, i refuse to ever own windows 8, it's a piece of shit and needs to die.
I'm pretty sure she means she can't get it for free anymore.

Back