• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Cydonia

It's amazing how quickly Cydonia's grown since I first moved in. I started out next to RioDeal and lameducks, and then PastelColor moved in across the street. In this one day, I got about five neighbors. Not even kidding. Anyways, about the wall: I'm not sure how you want me to do corners, and the other side of the wall just doesn't look right. We'll need lots of wooden slabs to finish it off, and we should either light or fill the area under the wood.

I would also enjoy membership to Cydonia, as my solo gameplay has led to nothing but the loss of a stack of diamonds. (If you'll have me that is.)

Oh, and i also will send all diamond proceeds to the town, as I have no use for petty things such as money. Ask Fox_News.

I can haz join? Its just that Woodkeep is.. well... meh. Ustulo and I have discussed this...
Not sure if I'm allowed to let people in or not... but I can vouch for him. Besides, it was Krinzler who actually persuaded me to get on the forums, and well, the rest is history.

Still looking for 6 diamonds that once were in my chest...I heard nuron looked in there, but he didn't take them. Dutch did you? :confused:

I was thinking maybe, just maybe if I could set up a Bar/Hotel outside the City entrance, for traveling adventures to heal thier wounds, maybe even buy and sell food or it could be given out for free. A good place to stop off before leaving or entering the City Limits?

If you do accept I shall call it the, Wandering Creeper Inn.

still going to do this? i'd love to help you :3

As far as walls go, I originally expanded what border someone else had laid out. With the growth we've seen, and the unusual number of houses that are too large (more than 20x20), now it seems a decent idea to push our walls out. I'm presenting this as a general idea.

The front gate could follow the border of the circle
cydonianewborder.jpg

Also, I have a proposal that I would love to see be made as a law: No personal farms unless they're within your 20x20 plot. Period.

We have a MASSIVE farm right next the the mansion on our south wall. (BTW who's mansion is that and why do they have such a massive plot?)

I feel like a lot of people are moving into town, building a house with city storage materials, and then not logging in or doing ANYTHING for the city for days. I've seen tunnels built into Phoenix Ave, floating earth bridges OVER it, and now today our canal is blocked off by a bridge.

Dirt buildings aren't allowed in Cydonia (seen a few of those now). And DC, what is up with the house that is right next to yours; It swallowed the road, I personally think it looks bad, and it's WAY over 20x20 at that point.

As far as walls go, I originally expanded what border someone else had laid out. With the growth we've seen, and the unusual number of houses that are too large (more than 20x20), now it seems a decent idea to push our walls out. I'm presenting this as a general idea.

The front gate could follow the border of the circle
cydonianewborder.jpg
Radius too large, it should only reach the south-east mountain not go through it.

I'm not saying to follow that circle the entire way around. Only on the land borders to our west and north

Also, I have a proposal that I would love to see be made as a law: No personal farms unless they're within your 20x20 plot. Period.

We have a MASSIVE farm right next the the mansion on our south wall. (BTW who's mansion is that and why do they have such a massive plot?)

I feel like a lot of people are moving into town, building a house with city storage materials, and then not logging in or doing ANYTHING for the city for days. I've seen tunnels built into Phoenix Ave, floating earth bridges OVER it, and now today our canal is blocked off by a bridge.

Dirt buildings aren't allowed in Cydonia (seen a few of those now). And DC, what is up with the house that is right next to yours; It swallowed the road, I personally think it looks bad, and it's WAY over 20x20 at that point.

woooaaahhh... so much complaining. i tried to keep as less rules as needed.

people can do whatever they want with their plot, assuming its not a 100% cobble or box building.

that mansion is fd's he paid alot of diamond to build it (he was using xray though, he got banned for it)

i made those tunnels, same for the bridge.

i've seen NO dirt houses, except for that one thingy, but it's remporary
and that 'ugly' house is made by GreenEarth. one of the most amazing architects in T9K. he's also going to build the cathedral.

calm down, Cydonia is about having fun together, not making the most architecture-wise perfect city.
we've already had EP and PP for that.

In case we forgot.
cydonia.png

And a slightly modified version for our map (Please excuse my quick Microsoft Paint fun)
ScreenShot12.jpg

And a potential Wall border, modified for clarity.
newwalls.jpg

In case we forgot.
cydonia.png

And a slightly modified version for our map (Please excuse my quick Microsoft Paint fun)
ScreenShot12.jpg

And a potential Wall border, modified for clarity.
newwalls.jpg

(derp paint ftw!)

those plans were designed for a large flat area without water, plans need to addapt ;)
here is the current layout:
city plans derp.png

also, i'd prefer going north if we need more space.

Back