• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Day 1 of Creative Server: Two Words, Minecart Hell

Opinionated on what? Its obvious that when someone is given an X infinite amount of resources and creates an awesome build he gets the A evaluation for it. Now if someone is playing on a survival server, and everyone knows that gathering materials is objective 1 before starting a creation and then goes on and creates that very same awesome build I mentioned above, I'd like to believe that its evaluation would be twice as better, because X amount of people will know that this guy worked hard to actually gather that specific amount of materials and then went on to build it.
But what if it's not about the value or about other people,
It's about just making something,

Maaannn?

What if someone can't be stuffed to spend 6 months of their life collectin' Diamond Blocks to build something,
Or if they want to use something that you can't get normally, e.g. Sponge.

What if it's just about building something and then showing people?

I mean don't even be semantic about that little example

YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT

Opinionated on what? Its obvious that when someone is given an X infinite amount of resources and creates an awesome build he gets the A evaluation for it. Now if someone is playing on a survival server, and everyone knows that gathering materials is objective 1 before starting a creation and then goes on and creates that very same awesome build I mentioned above, I'd like to believe that its evaluation would be twice as better, because X amount of people will know that this guy worked hard to actually gather that specific amount of materials and then went on to build it.
I can value a survival creation less then I can a creative creation. Making your claim opinionated. Besides you're missing the point.

As for the creative map you wish for, you could easily grab your friends and take them over to a private server as it wouldn't require much modification either.
The server isn't going to be the way you like it, deal with it. I'm done discussing this with you as you seem to act like the server is supposed to go your way.

But what if it's not about the value or about other people,
It's about just making something,

Maaannn?

What if someone can't be stuffed to spend 6 months of their life collectin' Diamond Blocks to build something,
Or if they want to use something that you can't get normally, e.g. Sponge.

What if it's just about building something and then showing people?

I mean don't even be semantic about that little example

YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT

I totally agree with you there, thats why I mentioned that every change has its positive and negative aspects for different type of people. In this case, those that enjoyed the previous server, find themselves in a spot that they would either quit or give this new server a try, whereas people that enjoy creative mode, will be happy all around.

I can value a survival creation less then I can a creative creation. Making your claim opinionated. Besides you're missing the point.

The server isn't going to be the way you like it, deal with it. I'm done discussing this with you as you seem to act like the server is supposed to go your way.

Seems your blind with your anger, I'm not arguing neither I believe the server should go MY way. I suggested a solution which I believe was under the category of a conversation. Please do relax.

Seems your blind with your anger, I'm not arguing neither I believe the server should go MY way. I suggested a solution which I believe was under the category of a conversation. Please do relax.
You don't want to see an angry rsmv.

Also, is it just me or is crazy1redneck randomly liking every post? :confused:

Here have some pics I found in the screenshot jar from eagle pass.

http://imgur.com/a/Awxy5

totally forgot about those last 2. lol
I remember when you were trying to get me to work faster on that cathedral, funny to think I could prolly finish a build like that in a day.
Good times.
1345606456713.gif

How about I go around and put ice in everyones pants and tell them to chill the fuck down.

I would like that very much.

*slowly spreading pedogrin*

Thread should be retitled "Creative Rant".

EDIT: More substance added.

I believe both sides have good points, but this is the choice the community came up with. In truth, I think the only reason we're bitching about creative now is because someone decided to spam a couple thousand carts - something that most of us were aware would happen sooner or later.

Like the thread title says, this is only Day 1 of Creative. Give Wooty some time to erect *giggity* the proper safeguards. He'll come up with something. Perhaps a custom plugin that limits the amount of carts/vehicles a player can set down in a minute?

I would like that very much.

*slowly spreading pedogrin*

Thread should be retitled "Creative Rant".

EDIT: More substance added.

I believe both sides have good points, but this is the choice the community came up with. In truth, I think the only reason we're bitching about creative now is because someone decided to spam a couple thousand carts - something that most of us were aware would happen sooner or later.

Like the thread title says, this is only Day 1 of Creative. Give Wooty some time to erect *giggity* the proper safeguards. He'll come up with something. Perhaps a custom plugin that limits the amount of carts/vehicles a player can set down in a minute?
I heard from Ozy that you'll only be able to place one boat or minecart per minute.

Hey guys! Listen, just hear me out, I've got an idea. Look, what if, we like, you know, build stuff in minecraft! You know it might seem simple at first but once put the potatoes in the basket, the flowers will grow! So just build stuff in minecraft! It solves problems! Cancer is bad but sometimes you need to wear red clothes, know what I'm saying? Just try it out, the whole purple pints thing, that time fly is when food trail cast! So, yes, everyone, lets use excessive commas, making this sentence longer than it really needs to be, because, really, who doesn't like commas?

tl;dr Minecraft.

Back