DotA 2 General

How does mask of madness work on batrider? Help him run faster while lasso-ing a guy? I don't really agree with that item because you have to blink into the enemy team most of the time. That's risky stuff and with mask of madness's 30% damage amplification, that will be much more riskier. I think getting shivas on him after blink and force staff is way more effective. We wouldn't want to get low teir items in the late game. Going for higher teir items while you are leading is always better. If you are losing, getting mask of madness is not going to help too.

I have seen Blink, Force Staff, and MoM in several recent professional games. It surely isn't the safest option, but if you are fast enough you can pull a hero miles away from their team and into yours and get a pick off easily.

I have seen Blink, Force Staff, and MoM in several recent professional games. It surely isn't the safest option, but if you are fast enough you can pull a hero miles away from their team and into yours and get a pick off easily.
It's kind of a weird decision to go for MoM, considering the fact that Batrider can't even rightclick while he's lassoed someone.

It's kind of a weird decision to go for MoM, considering the fact that Batrider can't even rightclick while he's lassoed someone.

I've only ever seen it bought very late game on Batrider. The whole point is to get a pick off to sway the balance of the game. It's not suppose to help Batrider dps... And yes, it is a weird decision, but for a pro team that can properly coordinate such things, it can pay off.

Living armor was wayyy too good. And extremely annoying early game.

The nerf was justified. Now if only they could make it such that cancer lancer's illusions can't burn mana and replicate only ONCE.

I'm glad they didn't do nothing to Timbersaw. My fav hero waifu forever.

Well I've come back to the game and would like some help learning. Currently lvl 3.
levels don't matter really, all it does atm is give you an item guaranteed every time you level up.
You can add me on steam so we could play together and I could help you play.
Also this pastebin by /vg/ pretty much has all the information you'll ever need.

http://freetexthost.com/x121apds21

In other news, I found a great site for anyone who wants to train their invoker: http://www.invokergame.com/

Living armor was wayyy too good. And extremely annoying early game.

The nerf was justified. Now if only they could make it such that cancer lancer's illusions can't burn mana and replicate only ONCE.

I'm glad they didn't do nothing to Timbersaw. My fav hero waifu forever.

To be honest, I used to think that PL was over powered. But now, after seeing him less and less in the pro scene, as well as the resent nerf to his illusion damage, I feel that he is simply a strong hero. I don't think that he is over powered or un-beatable. His ability to come back from a poor start is still impressive though.

To be honest, I used to think that PL was over powered. But now, after seeing him less and less in the pro scene, as well as the resent nerf to his illusion damage, I feel that he is simply a strong hero. I don't think that he is over powered or un-beatable. His ability to come back from a poor start is still impressive though.

Seeing him in a pro scene and facing him in a game is a totally different story. The nerf isn't strong enough, even if you do tank all that damage, you'll lose all your mana thanks to diffusal and make you pretty much useless.

Besides, competitive objectives are to end games quickly and go straight for the throne. While pub games are supposed to be fun and drag out longer than necessary.

Seeing him in a pro scene and facing him in a game is a totally different story. The nerf isn't strong enough, even if you do tank all that damage, you'll lose all your mana thanks to diffusal and make you pretty much useless.

Besides, competitive objectives are to end games quickly and go straight for the throne. While pub games are supposed to be fun and drag out longer than necessary.

I agree there are some aspects of PL that are very powerful, but I think the nerfs you are talking about are very sever. The reason PL started being played to begin with was his crazy increase in agility gain, if you were to nerf anything, I think that would be it.

And it really depends on the play style of pro games, European dota usually goes for snowball heroes that can end games quickly, while Chinese dota plays super safe and aims for really late game typically. I do agree that pubs are meant to have fun, whether that be a stomp or a drawn out close game :D.

I found a short documentary JoinDota came out with discussing the professional scene of dota as well as the International. Very fun watch.

Back