drawing time!

do you know that feeling when you should go to bed but you get amazing ideas?
well, fuck sleep, have some luna <3

vector_luna_by_dutchcheese313-d5k4it2.png

http://dutchcheese313.deviantart.com/#/d5k4it2
made with adobe illustrator

I found my high school art profile. Unfortunately I can't find the connector cable for my camera, and most of the pieces are too big to scan, but this was one physical piece from it that I made. It's an Ocarina, but... it doesn't work. XD I followed a tutorial but somewhere along the way I probably messed it up. You can blow air through it but it won't produce a tone. You can sort of almost hear notes in the air you blow out when you put your fingers over the holes. Still, it's a very convincing paperweight.

Ocarina.png

And a different styled sketch:
EgbertSketch.png

EDIT: I was wrong, one of them was small enough to scan. This is that black scratch-away thing, kind of like those lottery things sometimes. It's a bird or something. I was looking off a picture when I made this.
BlackBirdEtchsmall.png

This is the first drawing I've made for as long as I can remember, made it yesterday during chemistry.

I'm kinda looking for advice though because I royally fucked up on the thumb and after trying for 2 hours to fix it I decided to give up on that, any feedback on what went wrong?
Picture 2.jpg

This is the first drawing I've made for as long as I can remember, made it yesterday during chemistry.

I'm kinda looking for advice though because I royally fucked up on the thumb and after trying for 2 hours to fix it I decided to give up on that, any feedback on what went wrong?
View attachment 133878

That's pretty impressive. I'd have to say it's the angle the thumb is at. Based on the other fingers, you shouldn't be able to see the entire thumb nail. Does that make sense? But I wouldn't say that it's "royally fucked up" as it is.

EDIT:
I quickly sort of doodled what I meant. All I did was rotate the thumb so that not the entire nail is visible. Just most of it.

thumbfixidea.png

That's pretty impressive. I'd have to say it's the angle the thumb is at. Based on the other fingers, you shouldn't be able to see the entire thumb nail. Does that make sense? But I wouldn't say that it's "royally fucked up" as it is.

EDIT:
I quickly sort of doodled what I meant. All I did was rotate the thumb so that not the entire nail is visible. Just most of it.

View attachment 133886

That's very true, but the thumb still looks kind of off proportion-wise and I can't really seem to pinpoint what's making it look like that

I made this for a friend, though I haven't seen the movie yet (really want to):
tumblr_mdkl4tFFVx1ri9kyzo1_1280.png
You totally should, Chiba and I saw it in 3D, and we'll see it again when it gets to the cheap theatre in our town. It's amazing and funny. It even has "duty" jokes :D

Got bored while watching Cowbob bebop and tried to see how fast I can sketch a full image + color (sloppily of course) in 30 minutes

uGMY6.jpg

For no reference anatomy wise I'd say it's pretty good.

Back