Dream Car Thread

If you want to show the images press the image of the tree there and then paste the link in between the two
Opps. Sorry but thanks for the info!

With no budget..

either a Pagani Zonda Tricolore

800px-2010-Pagani-Zonda-Tricolore-4.jpg

or a Koenigsegg Agera R

AgeraR_2013_start.jpg

as you can tell...I like blue...

but if it were something realistic probably the Toyota GT-86 (aka Scion FR-S for us NAs)

Revival with new dream car

I have one, very major problem with that. That is a performance car. It is not a show car. It is meant to be driven, and I honestly feel really bad for it. It will never be able to use the power it has, it will only sit and be gawked at. What's the point?

Revival with new dream car

Lamborghini Aventador
I jizzed. Dat engine roar.

And an Electric Blue Lamborghini Gallardo is my dream car. Which is close to impossible for me, consiering it should cost some where around SGD $900,000 (USD 723-ish thousand) to above a million.

So I set my sights lower to a Mazda RX-8, being about SGD $155,000, or USD $124k.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I jizzed. Dat engine roar.

And an Electric Blue Lamborghini Gallardo is my dream car. Which is close to impossible for me, consiering it should cost some where around SGD $900,000 (USD 723-ish thousand) to above a million.

So I set my sights lower to a Mazda RX-8, being about SGD $155,000, or USD $124k.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
lol dude.. an RX-8 is totally A LOT cheaper than that! a 2011 RX-8 here in canada starts at 41,000. with all the upgrades and all, ~50,000. That's in CAN, which is more or less the same as USD depending on the exchange rate. who ever is trying to sell an rx-8 for 124k is trying to rip you off. at the price i get a used lambo diablo SV at the local lambo dealer.. and even that may be overpricing!

EDIT: Just checked, there are 3 diablos up for sale atm:

1991 Lamborghini Diablo 23,492 km Manual, 5 speed Fully Equipped, Air Conditioning $109,500 red
1991 Lamborghini Diablo 13,370 km Manual, 5 speed Fully Equipped, CD Player, Air Conditioning $109,500 black
1991 Lamborghini Diablo 11,326 km Manual, 5 speed Fully Equipped, Air Conditioning $109,500 white

next up: (near your 124k)

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo 11,900 km Manual, 6 speed Fully Equipped, Air Conditioning 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo $119,500

Cadillac_Series_452-B_Dual_Cowl_Phaeton_1932.jpg

The 1930's Cadillac V-16. Precursor to the infamous almost-made-production Cadillac Sixteen, this car was the first production-level V-16 vehicle in the North American market. Only 4,076 of these cars were made, all of them were pre-ordered - and each one was custom. Every one is essentially unique on the exterior/interior, and many of them had custom stuff under the hood too. This one is the Dual Cowl Phaeton from 1932. It was one of 70 design choices available as "stock" from the manufacturer (try asking a salesman about that these days!), and had a length of 222 in, with a width of 77 in, and a weight of a whopping 6,600 lbs. It is still the largest standard production sedan ever manufactured in North America, with the only vehicle that could have beat it never reaching production (the Cadillac Sixteen). It is by far the heaviest. It was also the smoothest ride available for its time and maintained that status until the 1940s, over ten years after production ceased. The stock market crash contributed to its low purchase rate, and unsurprisingly Cadillac later estimated that it lost money on every single one it sold. Until the 1990's, this car and its less-famous (and not as noteworthy) competitor, the Marmon V-16, were the only two 16-cylinder production passenger cars.

More specifically, this Sport Phaeton featured dual retractable windshields, and instrumentation for the rear passengers. Only 18 like it remain. The most recent one sold at an auction went for a little bit over $520,000 USD.

I would pair it with this car in my dream garage:
Cadillac-Sixteen--54648.jpg

The infamous Cadillac Sixteen. Inspired by the original Cadillac V-16, this vehicle was introduced as a realistic concept car in 2003. One major selling feature that I personally love is the Active Fuel Management system, where the engine would automatically "sleep" 12 cylinders during light driving, 8 during more aggressive driving, and only use all 16 cylinders during active acceleration (of the type you would expect from street racing). You could also manually override the AFM in order to use all 16 at the press of a button. The stock engine pulls a whopping 1,000 horses (how many luxury sedans can say that?) and 1,000 lb-ft of torque, without forced induction; and it displaces 13.6 liters.

Weighing in at just over 5,000 lbs and 220 inches long, it's easy to see the relationship between bad-ass grandpa and this bad boy. Literally the biggest car in 2003's concept line-up, and easily the most expensive. Handbuilt, with carpeting made of woven silk, automatically adjusting ergonomic seats (seriously, I'm a big dude, I sat in this thing and it wrapped around me like a glove), polished walnut and aluminum styling, and real (and very obviously top-quality) leather seats; this ride is also potentially the smoothest you will ever experience. I felt like I was floating. What's more, it handles like a sports-car, not a luxury sedan, and has the acceleration and overall top-end speed to match. The only problem? It's 19 feet long and 5,000 lbs, and it handles like a little Porsche. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing, just a little hard to get used to. It's also got a hell of a muscle car kick to it, and the rear-wheel drive doesn't hurt that one bit. 24-inch wheels come standard on this hunk of pure awesome, and it has 4-wheel steering.

Yes. I said 4-wheel steering. You know that thing that only trucks destined for construction use have? Where the front AND rear wheels turn? Yeah. This thing has it. And better. It's automatic, and kicks in when you're making a tight turn. 19 feet of car makes a U-turn like a mid-size sedan. I kid you not.

Now look at this side-view.
1652_14.jpg

See any handles? No? This is a four-door vehicle. It only opens via a button on the remote keyfob. Yeah. Nothing to kill your lines there. Neither does it have, you'll notice, b-pillars. And it's a hardtop, glass-roof convertible. Fucking rights I said hard-top glass-roof convertible. The roof just disappears, glass and all, into the otherwise completely open 121 liters of trunk space. The hood opens with a hinge running down the middle, parallel to the vehicle. And it's hydraulic power lift. Yeah, the hood is opened by hydraulics.

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better....GM made only 10 of these for concept shows, and all of them are fully functional.

Estimated price, you ask?

$2,000,000+ USD. Yeah, 2 million plus. The ultimate in bling.

lol dude.. an RX-8 is totally A LOT cheaper than that! a 2011 RX-8 here in canada starts at 41,000. with all the upgrades and all, ~50,000. That's in CAN, which is more or less the same as USD depending on the exchange rate. who ever is trying to sell an rx-8 for 124k is trying to rip you off. at the price i get a used lambo diablo SV at the local lambo dealer.. and even that may be overpricing!

EDIT: Just checked, there are 3 diablos up for sale atm:

1991 Lamborghini Diablo 23,492 km Manual, 5 speed Fully Equipped, Air Conditioning $109,500 red
1991 Lamborghini Diablo 13,370 km Manual, 5 speed Fully Equipped, CD Player, Air Conditioning $109,500 black
1991 Lamborghini Diablo 11,326 km Manual, 5 speed Fully Equipped, Air Conditioning $109,500 white

next up: (near your 124k)

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo

11,900 km Manual, 6 speed Fully Equipped, Air Conditioning 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo $119,500
What you need to understand is that in Singapore, inport cost for exotic cars is something around 400% of its price. Which is why an RX-8 is considered cheap lol

Also, shipping fees and the fact we need to pay a premium to own a car here, which i think is about 100k++ right now for an exotic car.

Singapore: One of the worst places to own a car in the world.

What you need to understand is that in Singapore, inport cost for exotic cars is something around 400% of its price. Which is why an RX-8 is considered cheap lol
but that's still expensive D:
might as well just move to north america :P

Back