EDM Thread

Why?

Dubstep, Electrohouse. My two favorite DI.FM stations.

think about it, and let this be a factor to my prediction. each dubstep song nearly uses the same beats, just modified so it sounds different. sure prop has to be given to those who try to experiment with some thing new, like genre mixing. but most of dubstep will be soon overrun with, well what states earlier... you know what 2013 may not be the end of dubstep, but a decline of listeners may happen.

think about it, and let this be a factor to my prediction. each dubstep song nearly uses the same beats, just modified so it sounds different. sure prop has to be given to those who try to experiment with some thing new, like genre mixing. but most of dubstep will be soon overrun with, well what states earlier... you know what 2013 may not be the end of dubstep, but a decline of listeners may happen.
Another factor to consider is that for many, the sensationalism of dubstep was sort of a gateway drug to different forms of electronic music. I started as a techno-junkie and found dubstep a few years ago, which I immediately fell in love with. However, the more I listened to it, the more I stopped enjoying the drops and structure of dub and moved on to the sub-genres like drumstep. My favorite styles are now Drum & Bass and Electro.

I do agree that there could be a drop in the popularity of dubstep, but in the end it is only a single part of a whole that is electronic music. From what I've seen, the possibilities and growth of electronic music is nowhere near an end or decline.

Another factor to consider is that for many, the sensationalism of dubstep was sort of a gateway drug to different forms of electronic music. I started as a techno-junkie and found dubstep a few years ago, which I immediately fell in love with. However, the more I listened to it, the more I stopped enjoying the drops and structure of dub and moved on to the sub-genres like drumstep. My favorite styles are now Drum & Bass and Electro.

I do agree that there could be a drop in the popularity of dubstep, but in the end it is only a single part of a whole that is electronic music. From what I've seen, the possibilities and growth of electronic music is nowhere near an end or decline.
EDM is primal music with modern technology. What did you do as a kid, before you had computers or could read and distract yourself? You stomped your feet, clapped your hands, grabbed sticks and banged everything you could to see what sounds it would make....and sometimes you found a rhythm and maybe other kids joined in, picking up their own makeshift instruments or dancing/gurgle-singing to the beat. The ancients did the same, some remnants of the specialized instruments for this can be found among indigenous peoples who still practice the old ways - no matter what continent you're on.

DnB is one of my favorite genres, because of the simplistic, primal, fury-inducing speed it coaxes you to move at.

Having said that, I've never subscribed to any genre in particular, because every type of music has good songs and bad ones. Hell, my iPod has everything from death metal to classical to country to some of the sickest dubstep in existence, to Native American Pow-wow music.

On the topic of good EDM....

Ah, I love Waterflame. His music is a great mix of different styles that is fun and very appealing. I get a serious Jet Set Radio vibe from this song.

I'm sure there's a better thread for this, but whatevs
I love me some Anamanaguchi

Also, from their upcoming album

This thread requires Juno Reactor

They also helped create several musical pieces for the Matrix movies.

i grew up with house/progressive house, and i think no matter what kinds of different EDM genres i'll find and fall in love with i'll never stop loving it
had a little nostalgia trip there for a sec ;D

i think this thread is the right place for this

a childhood friend of mine, had his go at the, baauer's harlem shake

also inb4 "wat is dis double post stoof"

Back