General Anime Discussion Thread

I have been watching a lot of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Gotta say, this show is pretty cool. A really solid, gritty detective show placed in the future in the age of cyborg cops and robots. Explores the themes of life and death and what it means to be living.

I highly recommend the movie Ghost in the Shell. It is classic essential anime. Anyone who loves anime has to have watched Ghost in the Shell at least once. Ghost in the shell is one of those high level thinking anime. It explores everything you talked about and so much, much more. It is by far one of the best anime of all time. And the series Stand Alone Complex is a wonderful addition to the Ghost in the Shell franchise.

I highly recommend the movie Ghost in the Shell. It is classic essential anime. Anyone who loves anime has to have watched Ghost in the Shell at least once. Ghost in the shell is one of those high level thinking anime. It explores everything you talked about and so much, much more. It is by far one of the best anime of all time. And the series Stand Alone Complex is a wonderful addition to the Ghost in the Shell franchise.
Agreed.

Still salty about Zankyou no Terror. SO much wasted potential. The trend of recent anime is: Start off very strong -> plot actually sucks -> medicore show in the end.
Tbh that's partially why I don't watch many new anime and tend to focus on older stuff from the 90s and 2000s. Since all I've heard about recent anime is exactly the trend you just said or it's the internet is overhyping the shit out of some medicore anime (Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, Sword Art Online) and acting like it's the Jesus Christ of anime.

Also, kinda glad I didn't watch Zankyou no Terror now because this is the second place I've heard dissapointment (thank you laziness).

Tbh that's partially why I don't watch many new anime and tend to focus on older stuff from the 90s and 2000s. Since all I've heard about recent anime is exactly the trend you just said or it's the internet is overhyping the shit out of some medicore anime (Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, Sword Art Online) and acting like it's the Jesus Christ of anime.

Also, kinda glad I didn't watch Zankyou no Terror now because this is the second place I've heard dissapointment (thank you laziness).
Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online I didn't expect to be that good, because I knew of the manga and LN long before... But Zenkyou no Terror... Oh my god that made me so sad...

Ping Pong The Animation is seriously the best new thing to come out this year in my opinion. No joke, it was seriously awesome.

I don't want to even talk about Zankyou no Terror.
Same. Fuck. That shit makes me upset.
Ping Pong The Animation is seriously the best new thing to come out this year in my opinion. No joke, it was seriously awesome.
I've heard great things about it. Also, me and Paragon_00 are trying to figure out how we came to add each other on MyAnimeList and he mentioned you. Perhaps you might know the great answer to this mystery?

I've heard great things about it. Also, me and Paragon_00 are trying to figure out how we came to add each other on MyAnimeList and he mentioned you. Perhaps you might know the great answer to this mystery?

I know he is on my friends list... And I know I know him from somewhere... But I honestly don't remember! Isn't that terrible haha.

Apparently I'm on a bad anime streak. I decided to start watching Fairy Tail based on the 8.4 rating it has on iMBD... but I get the impression that this show was written by a pre-pubescent.

I'm no longer trusting ratings. I do, however, trust T9k.

I beg you all, someone please tell me what to watch next...
All the anime I've watched included:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiM8biJ0FpmzdF9ZRlIwM3lMdVNLMXhUaVFzUUl0X1E&usp=sharing
Durarara, NHK, Cutie Honey (ether the 1995 OVA or the 2006 one), Grave of the Fireflys, Fate Zero, Ghost Stories, and Queens Blade. There something in that list you should enjoy.

Apparently I'm on a bad anime streak. I decided to start watching Fairy Tail based on the 8.4 rating it has on iMBD... but I get the impression that this show was written by a pre-pubescent.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiM8biJ0FpmzdF9ZRlIwM3lMdVNLMXhUaVFzUUl0X1E&usp=sharing

Log Horizion, Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest, K, Darker Than Black, Casshern Sins, Gankutsuou. And I back up the Durarara, NHK, Fireflys (haven't seen but heard was good), and Fate/Zero recommendations by babybacon.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Season 1 and 2) (DO NOT WATCH THE OVA)
Casshern Sins
Hellsing Ultimate (Would recommend Dub over sub, which is rare coming from me, also you can skip the original series)
Excel Saga
Yu Yu Hakusho (my favorite fighting anime)
7 Samurai
Black Lagoon
Durarara (because you liked Baccano!)
Big O

Casshern Sins
I salute you...
(I'm surprised by the amount of people I meet who don't know that show)

Spice and Wolf. Spice and Wolf. Spice and Wolf. Did I mention Spice and Wolf, and that you should watch it eng dubbed?

Oh and If you ever watch Ghost Stories do watch it dubbed. It is a gag dub after all, considering how shit ghost stories actually is.

Spice and Wolf. Spice and Wolf. Spice and Wolf. Did I mention Spice and Wolf, and that you should watch it eng dubbed?

Oh and If you ever watch Ghost Stories do watch it dubbed. It is a gag dub after all, considering how shit ghost stories actually is.
OMG GHOST STORIES!

How on Earth did I ever forget about that!?

How the fuck did I forget about Spice and Wolf. I fucking loved that show, best economics lesson ever.

Back