General Anime Discussion Thread

Watching Clannad and I had to share this. It starts playing at a really emotional time and it's a beautiful sounding song, but I just started laughing really hard. It looks like they used Google Translate. Just watch like the first 90 seconds or so.

Watching Clannad and I had to share this. It starts playing at a really emotional time and it's a beautiful sounding song, but I just started laughing really hard. It looks like they used Google Translate. Just watch like the first 90 seconds or so.
How do you even pronounce so accurately without knowing grammar?

It appears you don't have the Fullmetal Alchemist series on there. I think you should change that.

I've also got a few romcoms I'd like to recommend :
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Hayate no Gotoku (this is iffy depending on your taste)
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

EDIT: Actually, although I don't know if this is a good assumption to make, but I read the manga for "Welcome to the NHK!", and I would think it would be a good anime to recommend. And apparently this is bacon's favorite, so if you want more info, ask him.
Which Fullmetal Alchemist series are you talking about? Because just finished Brotherhood, is it worth it to watch 03 as well?

Which Fullmetal Alchemist series are you talking about? Because just finished Brotherhood, is it worth it to watch 03 as well?
03 is better in my opinion. Brotherhood made a horrid and whitewashed version of the first 28 episodes of the original series. Watch the original.

03 is better in my opinion. Brotherhood made a horrid and whitewashed version of the first 28 episodes of the original series. Watch the original.
Your statement litterally summarized practically ALL that was wrong with FMAB.

They crammed 28 episodes into around 5.

But the series was better by far from then on out:

Personally, to anyone that hasn't watched either, I recommend watching 03 then Brotherhood afterwords.

It's easier to sit through 6 episodes of whitewashed redundancy than it is to sit through 28 episodes of detailed redundancy.

Someone posted this on the AMV thread a while back, don't remember who; I rediscovered it whilst looking through my liked videos. I think my new goal is to watch every single anime featured in this AMV because it's just that amazing and the only 3 that I could recognize were Gurren Lagaan, Haruhi, and Kill La Kill.

Your statement litterally summarized practically ALL that was wrong with FMAB.

They crammed 28 episodes into around 5.

But the series was better by far from then on out:

Personally, to anyone that hasn't watched either, I recommend watching 03 then Brotherhood afterwords.

It's easier to sit through 6 episodes of whitewashed redundancy than it is to sit through 28 episodes of detailed redundancy.
It was 14 episodes of shit in Brotherhood and also when I said whitewashing I also meant it literally:
Demotivational.Poster.full.1363608.jpg

Someone posted this on the AMV thread a while back, don't remember who; I rediscovered it whilst looking through my liked videos. I think my new goal is to watch every single anime featured in this AMV because it's just that amazing and the only 3 that I could recognize were Gurren Lagaan, Haruhi, and Kill La Kill.

I think I saw Nisekoi, Angel Beats, and Lucky Star.

Nichijou and K-On! are there as well.

Watch Nichijou (the entirety of it is on youtube). You will not regret it.

So today I sat around and watching a shit ton of anime:
Evangelion 1.0: Hey this is the same as the original.
Evangelion 2.0: Asuka has one good scene and the rest is butchered, Mari has no purpose, Kaji is still my hero, and Rei has some good moments.
Evangelion 3.0: Pretty good, but they dropped the ball with Kaworu's death.
ME!ME!ME!?: I felt like I was watching a scene from Welcome to the NHK.

Back