• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

GUHC (Gurw's Ultra-Hardcore) Tournament

What if we have several teams, each guarding one of those enderdragon-healing crystals? The other teams try to destroy them, and if your crystal is destroyed, your team gets kicked. Last team standing wins. Maybe adventure mode, so that people don't seal off the crystal in obsidian.

2013-06-18_13.09.55.png

2013-06-18_13.09.52.png

How is this competitive? See who survives the longest or go the furthest?

Could be anything. Winner is whoever survives longest, or completes more floors, or completes all floors fastest, or kills the most MOBS on floors with near unlimited MOB generation, etc. I trust that gurw will choose whatever objective he will finds suitable for the tower he builds (if this is a competition he will do).

As an alternative to the tower, a gladiator arena in a colosseum with fight rounds instead of floors is also an option.

Do players take turns to go through the tower? If that's so then it would take a long time to finish.

Copy pasta with worldedit. Have multiple towers going at the same time. Assign time blocks for players/teams to show up and fight.
SolvedStamp.jpg

Granted, if Gurw is the only proctor and a lot of people sign up, he could spend an entire weekend going through everybody.

Could be anything. Winner is whoever survives longest, or completes more floors, or completes all floors fastest, or kills the most MOBS on floors with near unlimited MOB generation, etc. I trust that gurw will choose whatever objective he will finds suitable for the tower he builds (if this is a competition he will do).

As an alternative to the tower, a gladiator arena in a colosseum with fight rounds instead of floors is also an option.

Copy pasta with worldedit. Have multiple towers going at the same time. Assign time blocks for players/teams to show up and fight.
SolvedStamp.jpg

Granted, if Gurw is the only proctor and a lot of people sign up, he could spend an entire weekend going through everybody.
Pretty easy with commandblocks, actually.

What if we have several teams, each guarding one of those enderdragon-healing crystals? The other teams try to destroy them, and if your crystal is destroyed, your team gets kicked. Last team standing wins. Maybe adventure mode, so that people don't seal off the crystal in obsidian.

View attachment 140302
View attachment 140303
Like an old-school style destroy the enemy base side scroller, crossed with capture the flag. I like it.

Like an old-school style destroy the enemy base side scroller, crossed with capture the flag. I like it.
We can add side quests where you can get good items or advantages in game, but you have to leave your base undefended or less defended. That could make things interesting.

We can add side quests where you can get good items or advantages in game, but you have to leave your base undefended or less defended. That could make things interesting.
Like, you could generate or place chests or temples, or so on, where you could get garuanteed loot, but at a cost.

Like, you could generate or place chests or temples, or so on, where you could get garuanteed loot, but at a cost.
I was thinking more on the side of puzzles, like jumping puzzles and maybe even more creative puzzles that escape my brain.

I was thinking more on the side of puzzles, like jumping puzzles and maybe even more creative puzzles that escape my brain.
Well yeah,
You could do something like:

A chest full of diamond swords is on a island.
To get to the island, you need to jump across a bunch of platforms suspended over lava.
Falling into the lava begets death, and leaving your base to do this is a risk.

I have a few ideas on how to improve on StTheo's orignial idea. Each team will have a base with a main ender-crystal thingamajig (hence forth shall be known as ender-crystal). We can have turrets that defend the ender-crystal). We can have around 3 ender-crystals on the outside perimeter of the base which teams have to destroy 1st before destroying the main crystal. These crystals will have a turret defending it.

Players will be able to teleport back to their own respective bases from a far away place at a cost (I don't know what cost yet, maybe a form of currency like emeralds or cooldown timer). Players can also teleport from the base to the outer ender-crystals to defend it.

We can have a few side quests where you have to complete to gain advantages like potions, op gears, emeralds. These side quests will maybe have players wait for 30 seconds on a pressure plate until a command block /gives you the items or challenging puzzles that takes up time.

Now for a few questions to see if this is possible.

Anyone knows how to get mobs to only hit one team and not another team in vanilla? Or if there's a mod for that? I basically want to use skeletons to shoot at players of the enemy team and not shoot the team he is supporting. Hence, defending the ender-crystal.

Is there a way to let players teleport from a remote area to the base without command blocks laying all over the place. If not, then we can have designated teleport spots that bring you home.

View attachment 140302
View attachment 140303
Is anyone still interested in this? Thanks to commandhelper, I can prevent these from blowing up for an hour or so, to let people set up their bases. I found a wonderful seed that, with large biomes, is almost 100% grasslands and forest for a 1000 block radius. To make things fair, I've got worldguard regions set up around them, so that no one can completely cover their team's crystal.
Myh2bJV.png

Back