• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

GUHC (Gurw's Ultra-Hardcore) Tournament

I would figure blocking off spawn would be a no-brainer that it's a rule breaker and a dick move, though. I was only asking because I thought the first post in here basically stated if you were banned, that was it..
Its purpose would be to slow down anyone attempting to rush into spawn, and place down a beacon or ender dragon egg, which seems like a good move to me.

Him being unbanned had little to do with him being banned (if that makes any sense), it only happened because he was banned for an improper purpose in the first place.

The hidden prizes were, in no particular order:
Noble 6 - a door poster of Noble 6 at the end of Halo Reach.
- Be the only team member left when you win by being the last team standing.
John 117 - a life-size, wearable replica of John 117's helmet, with stand.
- Be a Solo Warrior and win by being last team standing.
I will Survive...Nevermind - a wearable Steve head.
- Be the last surviving member of the team that came in second, if the game is decided by last team standing.
One with the Ender - a wearable Enderman head
- Be either a Solo Warrior or the last team member left when you win by placing the dragon egg on the altar.
Wither King - a wearable Wither Skeleton head
- Be either a Solo Warrior or the last team member left when you win by placing the beacon on the altar.
Creeper Boss - a wearable Creeper head (sorry guys, I only have two of these)
- Blow someone up with TNT
Diamonds To You! - a creeper ornament with attached diamond block
- Use a diamond block somewhere in your base's fortifications.

So. Looking at these, I'll also need the Redstone Genies to tell me who lit the fuse on the TNT that killed fdebijl, and for that person to send me their shipping information.

Oh yeah, and in case anyone was wondering, I had in-game bonuses related to Halo: Reach and Halo: CE, in fact I had one for every piece of armor, a sword, a bow, and 1 full suit of everything.

Side note, if creeper had only stayed alive for 1 more minute, he would have gotten the full suit.

Oh yeah, and in case anyone was wondering, I had in-game bonuses related to Halo: Reach and Halo: CE, in fact I had one for every piece of armor, a sword, a bow, and 1 full suit of everything.

Side note, if creeper had only stayed alive for 1 more minute, he would have gotten the full suit.

I read bonuses as houses originally. Houses would have been nice, honestly.

I think that about wraps up my first official T9K Minecraft competition!

Those of you waiting on gift certificates, you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the e-mail. J!NX is racist against Canadians, apparently, and I have to call my bank to authorize the transaction.

Those of you who were lucky enough to receive hidden prizes, they'll be shipped out tomorrow morning, when I get to the post office.

Thank you all for playing, I had a blast and I look forward to doing something similar in the near future!

I read bonuses as houses originally. Houses would have been nice, honestly.
Halo Houses.

Wut.

Funny_Pictures_Halo_Coffee_Break.jpg

I think that about wraps up my first official T9K Minecraft competition!

Those of you waiting on gift certificates, you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the e-mail. J!NX is racist against Canadians, apparently, and I have to call my bank to authorize the transaction.

Those of you who were lucky enough to receive hidden prizes, they'll be shipped out tomorrow morning, when I get to the post office.

Thank you all for playing, I had a blast and I look forward to doing something similar in the near future!
Thank you for hosting this, GooeyButt <3 - regardless of my being upset, I did have fun. I'm very happy I got to be added to a team with Mikuel, I wouldn't have had very much fun being alone.

This thread is (for now, since it's late and I'm on my phone and too lazy to make a new thread at the moment) now about future competition ideas. I'm thinking about Minecraft only, and team effort special games/maps/modes. Competitive dungeon/adventure maps, team minecraft 2, survival games, stuff along those lines. Be specific, as detailed as you can. Lay down rules, use examples then expand on them, include custom maps of your own design if you have them. I'm looking at about 4 hours to complete each competition. Much longer, and people get bored or snappy or have other things to do. Much shorter, and the prize won't be worth it. And it doesn't need to require Vanilla. If you have a custom plugin to go with it of your own code, include that. Anyway, I'm tired an rambling now so night night, be inspired and may the odds be ever in your favor.

I'd really love to participate in one of your future competitions, regardless of whether a prize for winning is present or not. It would also be nice if a time limit suitable for everyone participating would be possible but that's unfortunately unlikely.

On a side note, this whole infighting that's started due to whatever transpired in game is ridiculous. It's a game, it's not their fault that you simply got out-played, regardless of whether you see their choices as moral or not. If you can't even comprehend this, I'd suggest not participating in any pvp heavy events in the future.

heheheh, i could see this working... a 1v1 or 2v2 tourney with brackets. the map would be a 64x64 obsidian maze, and each team would be given a stack of TnT, nothing else.
I've actually made an arena for this before, as you said its pretty simple. Don't forget to stick redstone torches under everything too.

I've actually made an arena for this before, as you said its pretty simple. Don't forget to stick redstone torches under everything too.
hmm... could add a twist with switches or buttons in the walls and floors to trigger wall shifts during gameplay.

EDT: I'm gonna start making some 64x64 maps of varying designs for redstone testing, hopefully will work! >.<

Back