• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

GUHC (Gurw's Ultra-Hardcore) Tournament

rsmv, yunoshow?
Sorry, I spent the last 10 hours crapping and puking my guts. :s
Stomach started hurting a little bit last night, got progressively worse, and got to the point where I couldn't stand. Im feeling better now but hope ya understand.

Sorry, I spent the last 10 hours crapping and puking my guts. :s
Stomach started hurting a little bit last night, got progressively worse, and got to the point where I couldn't stand. Im feeling better now but hope ya understand.
I told you to use a sheath but you never listen

I could make an arena that would considerably smaller than this one, but filled with traps and treasures. And have structures that will be the challenge equivalent to a jungle/deseret temple

The maps and all sound great, but I think there is a place for vanilla UHC. (If you're wondering about the time, just make a smaller map.) Perhaps we could alternate between the two?

In future competitions, could we have regular health regeneration? We started near a jungle biome where we got an oak sapling from the underbrush, but a lot of places we saw wouldn't have been that lucky. Also, I'm pretty sure that this and the perma-death were the reasons that the ender-dragon and wither were never fought / going to be fought.

Minecraft competition idea

GPS/Scavenger hunt race:

20 chests, 20 (or less) teams searching for those chests. Each chest contains a unique item. The objective is to be the first team to collect all 20 unique items.

Chests are located on surface world within a 1000 block radius from a center. At the center are also 20 chests. Each chest contains a stack of identical books that give coordinates to a region and a cryptic/vague/poetic message that hints at the exact position of its respective item chest at the region. All teams start in the center. Teams have the freedom of finding the items in any order, but each team may only pursue one item at a time, carry one item at a time, and carry one book at a time. I have no idea how to enforce this, but the point is to prevent one team from getting ahead of others by "taking advantage of the system," so to speak (unless that's ok).

Crafting disabled, placing blocks disabled, destroying blocks disabled, PvP disabled, hunger enabled, damage enabled, hostile MOBS enabled. Weapons and armor may acquired at spawn in exchange for a time penalty. The higher quality the gear, the greater the penalty. Center spawn regenerates health.

From this point, creativity starts.
- The region can have a puzzle, maze, or booby trap to guard the chest. Temples optional.
- The books may contain a hidden message for locating bonus chests. Enchanted gear and potions optional.
- When the contents of all books are combined in some pattern, it reveals the location of a grand prize chest. Bragging rights optional.

Discuss!

GPS/Scavenger hunt race:

20 chests, 20 (or less) teams searching for those chests. Each chest contains a unique item. The objective is to be the first team to collect all 20 unique items.

Chests are located on surface world within a 1000 block radius from a center. At the center are also 20 chests. Each chest contains a stack of identical books that give coordinates to a region and a cryptic/vague/poetic message that hints at the exact position of its respective item chest at the region. All teams start in the center. Teams have the freedom of finding the items in any order, but each team may only pursue one item at a time, carry one item at a time, and carry one book at a time. I have no idea how to enforce this, but the point is to prevent one team from getting ahead of others by "taking advantage of the system," so to speak (unless that's ok).

Crafting disabled, placing blocks disabled, destroying blocks disabled, PvP disabled, hunger enabled, damage enabled, hostile MOBS enabled. Weapons and armor may acquired at spawn in exchange for a time penalty. The higher quality the gear, the greater the penalty. Center spawn regenerates health.

- The region can have a puzzle, maze, or booby trap to guard the chest. Temples optional.
- The books may contain a hidden message for locating bonus chests. Enchanted gear and potions optional.
- When the contents of all books are combined in some pattern, it reveals the location of a grand prize chest. Bragging rights optional.

Discuss!
The block breaking, etc is gamemode 2, aka adventure mode :p. I love the idea.

GPS/Scavenger hunt race:

Discuss!

I don't understand how a team will be able to gather all 20 unique items if pvp is not enabled (besides dying from monsters), unless there is more than 1 unique item in each chest.

I don't understand how a team will be able to gather all 20 unique items if pvp is not enabled (besides dying from monsters), unless there is more than 1 unique item in each chest.

Multiple maps perhaps, make it linear and racelike.

Commandblocks. /give @p [item#] [quantity]

If someone would host a creative server we can collaborate and build puzzles together for that map. :D
Slight problem. Every player who participates in the creation of the map would have to, out of necessity, withdraw their eligibility to compete. More designers = fewer competitors.

Slight problem. Every player who participates in the creation of the map would have to, out of necessity, withdraw their eligibility to compete. More designers = fewer competitors.
True dat. But I am more of a builder than a competitor.

Battle Tower (no intended reference to the Pokemon counterpart [well, kinda])

20 floors with enemies to defeat. The objective is to clear as many floors as possible. Players start at the lowest floor and fight their way up (or highest going down). Each floor contains a number of hostile MOBS that become increasingly more difficult to defeat the higher up the tower they go. Each player must defeat all the enemies on the current floor before proceeding to the next. Alternatively, they may attempt to survive the floor for a set time before the next floor becomes available.

Before entering the tower, players can gear themselves with a diamond chestlpate, iron leggings, gold helmet, leather boots, a diamond sword and a bow with arrows. Players may choose up to 15 potions of their choice.

The tower itself is made of obsidian for durability purposes (and gurw's architectural pleasure). The floors may have varying environment hazards such as water or lava flooding, cacti, and traps which both help and hinder the player.

Teams are optional and likely recommended, but there should be seperate scoring brackets for those who take the challenge in teams and those who lone-wolf it.

At intervals between floors, there can be rest stops for players to resupply.

Battle Tower (no intended reference to the Pokemon counterpart [well, kinda])

20 floors with enemies to defeat. The objective is clear as many floors as possible. Players start at the lowest floor and fight their way up (or highest going down). Each floor contains a number of hostile MOBS that become increasingly more difficult to defeat the higher up the tower they go. Each player must defeat all the enemies on the current floor before proceeding to the next. Alternatively, they may attempt to survive the floor for a set time before the next floor becomes available.

Before entering the tower, players can gear themselves with a diamond chestlpate, iron leggings, gold helmet, leather boots, a diamond sword and a bow with arrows. Players may choose up to 15 potions of their choice.

The tower itself is made of obsidian for durability purposes (and gurw's architectural pleasure). The floors may have varying environment hazards such as water or lava flooding, cacti, and traps which both help and hinder the player.

Teams optional and likely recommended, but there should be seperate scoring brackets for those who take the challenge in teams and those who lone-wolf it.

At intervals between floors, there can be rest stops for players to resupply.
How is this competitive? See who survives the longest or go the furthest?

Does players take turns to go through the tower? If that's so then it would take a long time to finish.

Just a quick idea:

Search and Destroy

Objective:
Locate and destroy a specified mob or item within a time limit.

Teams:
Teams of up to four (4) can play. Each team will consist of four possions; Medic, Defender, Scout, and Archer.
Solo players will be allowed, but may be at a disadvantage.

Arena Details:
the arena will be 500 by 500, and will contain dungeons made by myself, and will contain valuable items, as well as traps that can take you out in seconds.​

guru why dont you run ftb beta a It has a mod called twilight forest with all the castles and mob bosses already in place. All you need to do is just tweak it to your tornament needs. In other words go in god mode and set it up then let players come in when you already set the borders up. If you want to see what im talking about let me know and ill give you a tour on my server that is not open to the public pm me for the ip

Back