• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

GUHC (Gurw's Ultra-Hardcore) Tournament

If Vanilla doesn't make it possible, it won't happen. I highly suggest watching SethBling's video on the most recent snapshot for information on what, exactly, the recent changes are.
Alright, thank you. I was only familiar with Sethbling's UHC box that he had created, which was incredibly difficult to use. This is much better.

Lapis Lemmings
Also horses are a thing.

First person who intends to play that can find the Monty Python reference in this post AND posts with the proper reply starts the game with 1 golden apple.
There is a Monty Python reference with "Also horses are a thing." This references the fact that there are no horses in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Additionally, Monty Python fans will recognize the potential (although unlikely to be intentional) reference from Monty Python's Flying Circus, the "Lemming of the BDA."

There is a Monty Python reference with "Also horses are a thing." This references the fact that there are no horses in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Additionally, Monty Python fans will recognize the potential (although unlikely to be intentional) reference from Monty Python's Flying Circus, the "Lemming of the BDA."
Incorrect on both accounts. You might also want to read the whole of the challenge of the hidden text - you have to provide a reply to the easter egg, to which neither of your suggestions has a logical response.

But, congratulations on being the first to notice the secret text.

Incorrect on both accounts. You might also want to read the whole of the challenge of the hidden text - you have to provide a reply to the easter egg, to which neither of your suggestions has a logical response.

But, congratulations on being the first to notice the secret text.
I'll just throw out another possible reference.

The goal in this tournament is to do one of three things: be the team that transports the enderdragon egg to the altar at spawn; be the first team to light a beacon on the altar at spawn;
The above could be seen as a reference as well- the enderdragon egg could be seen as the Grail, and the beacon/altar could be seen as the grail shaped beacon that Zoot lit in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I'll just throw out another possible reference.

The above could be seen as a reference as well- the enderdragon egg could be seen as the Grail, and the beacon/altar could be seen as the grail shaped beacon that Zoot lit in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
You're missing a key part of the challenge.....

I think you're already too deep. Don't drown.

Is the reference perhaps that the cast of Monty Python and the Holy Grail were originally supposed to ride horses but due to budgeting they instead used the lack of horses as a comedy routine in relation to the "Also horses are a thing" statement?

Is the reference perhaps that the cast of Monty Python and the Holy Grail were originally supposed to ride horses but due to budgeting they instead used the lack of horses as a comedy routine in relation to the "Also horses are a thing" statement?
I already got it man
Beat u to it scrublord
Hiding in the scrubland
Using facial scrub

Implying I'm not going to ask other people to join it
ohue
Full teams kinda have a name related to the team color :p get two more to join you and we'll talk. 'Til then, to the Solo Warriors with you!
konflakes
GMT+8
Solo, ThePhallus

(Actually put me on hold for the timing)
consider it done.

Assuming everyone who signs up shows up, we only need one more person to get this rolling.

Also, I'm thinking some of you might want to team up...three sets of hands are better than one when it comes to getting enough gold for some health.

I am interested in participating in the tourney, will update on availability and time-zone specifics when more information is provided by my employers on when I work :confused: blargh, scheduling based on contracts...

also, I'm up for joining whatever team is looking to adopt one who finds Hardcore mode on Vanilla Minecraft disappointing... x3

Ehhh, I'd be interested in playing, but I'm busy all day on the 16th.
Strategy: Build a hidden base and wait for everyone else to die of natural causes.

Ehhh, I'd be interested in playing, but I'm busy all day on the 16th.
Strategy: Build a hidden base and wait for everyone else to die of natural causes.
Just a head's up to people who think this is the way to go: at the 5-hour mark I will unleash disasters upon the world if at least half of the players haven't died yet.
I am interested in participating in the tourney, will update on availability and time-zone specifics when more information is provided by my employers on when I work :confused: blargh, scheduling based on contracts...

also, I'm up for joining whatever team is looking to adopt one who finds Hardcore mode on Vanilla Minecraft disappointing... x3
I know you're an insane survivalist.

Any takers for the EnginePheline?

1. Your in-game name: Keyblade474
2. The time you are available to begin play (INCLUDE YOUR TIMEZONE): I'm free most of the time, EST
4. What team you want to be on (see below for list of available teams - if you want a solo team, say so and you'll be on your own): Redstone Genies

Back