• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

GUHC (Gurw's Ultra-Hardcore) Tournament

1. Your in-game name: Keyblade474
2. The time you are available to begin play (INCLUDE YOUR TIMEZONE): I'm free most of the time, EST
4. What team you want to be on (see below for list of available teams - if you want a solo team, say so and you'll be on your own): Redstone Genies
Done.

1. Your in-game name: mightythedj23
2. The time you are available to begin play: generally any time of the day, but if working, probably 8-11 am or 9-11:00 pm (Eastern standard time)
5. What team you want to be on: Emerald Hunters

Also, I assume your server is hosted on minecraft 1.6?

The most recent snapshot. In other words, as vanilla as it gets. I'll add you to the list as soon as I'm off work.

1. Your in-game name: Highrise99
2. The time you are available to begin play (INCLUDE YOUR TIMEZONE) : hard to say; I might be able to start around 8:00 PM EDT
3. What team you want to be on (see below for list of available teams - if you want a solo team, say so and you'll be on your own) : As communication tends to be a problem for me (and there will also be people sleeping in an adjacent room if this lasts 5 hours) I suppose I'll go solo.

Gurw, are you going to be the only one judging the game? I doubt you can follow everyone's progress with this many participants.

Gurw, are you going to be the only one judging the game? I doubt you can follow everyone's progress with this many participants.
We don't even have a dozen yet. Don't worry, I don't have to track the progress, during the course of the game I'll just be ensuring the rules aren't broken. The end of the game is going to be pretty much automated. Besides, the few people I would trust as moderators are already participating.

Long story short, this isn't a concern to me :p

1. Your in-game name: Pyrhos
2. The time you are available to begin play (INCLUDE YOUR TIMEZONE): Anytime during the day, cant see anything that might restrict it right now
5. What team you want to be on (see below for list of available teams - if you want a solo team, say so and you'll be on your own) Redstone Genies

1. Your in-game name? Io_Reign
2. The time you are available to begin play (INCLUDE YOUR TIMEZONE). Probably all day til roughly 8 pm PST
3. What team you want to be on (see below for list of available teams - if you want a solo team, say so and you'll be on your own).
I'd love to be on vorsy's team if he'll have me. Otherwise, just throw me in with a few random schedule.

My ability to play is not definite, so I might have to withdraw sometime between now and the event.

Teams updated. We now have two full teams, 2 teams with 1 player each, and 4 soloists. Vorsy and Io are not being counted as I'm waiting for Vorsy's acceptance of Io as a team member.

I'm a bit against the spectator idea. Someone could use that to allow some players to spy on other players.

I'm a bit against the spectator idea. Someone could use that to allow some players to spy on other players.
I would hope players would be more honorable than that. Besides, I'm not even sure that it's possible.

I have a concern: Let's say a spectator is watching a particular player or team. They would most likely be watching from above, in which case they might be easy to spot from a distance. This could easily give away the locations of players. Preventing this would be rather easy; simply give spectators an invisibility potion. The problem is getting it to last... perhaps you could increase the duration with an inventory editor or mcedit filter.

I have a concern: Let's say a spectator is watching a particular player or team. They would most likely be watching from above, in which case they might be easy to spot from a distance. This could easily give away the locations of players. Preventing this would be rather easy; simply give spectators an invisibility potion. The problem is getting it to last... perhaps you could increase the duration with an inventory editor or mcedit filter.
I can actually do that with command blocks.

To reiterate, my problem is stopping the item spawns and block breaking, not to mention switch tripping.

I can actually do that with command blocks.

To reiterate, my problem is stopping the item spawns and block breaking, not to mention switch tripping.
I believe spectator mode is already like that in Hunger Games Servers so that might be worth looking at.

I believe spectator mode is already like that in Hunger Games Servers so that might be worth looking at.
Survival Games is a bukkit plugin, or a full mod that clients would have to install. I'm doing this server-side, and Vanilla (because no bukkit exists for snapshots).

So no.

Back