• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

GUHC (Gurw's Ultra-Hardcore) Tournament

Announcement:

The competition will begin at 15:00 MDT. For what time that is in your current local time, check out this link and scroll down a bit, find your city or the closest one to you in the list.

https://t9k.me/2t9

Please ensure you can be online at this time and for approximately 4-5 hours afterwards. I know that this won't fit everyone's schedules (yes, Vorsprung, you're going to have to wake up early on a weekend), but I tried to balance the times as well as I could.

If you CAN'T be on at this time, let me know as soon as possible and I'll remove you from the participant list.
Till 10 PM? Jesus...I 'might' still be able to do it, because everybody knows, I am a n00b :p

Added prize details. The winning prize will be a total of $150 USD of J!NX gift certificates. If J!NX won't ship to you for whatever reason, we'll work something else out.

I'm also including "hidden" prizes for people who fulfill certain requirements. These won't be announced unless someone does complete them, or after the game is complete.

JUST realized I still haven't given you a team. Whoops. Into the Lapis team with you! vrrooommmeow.
also can gurwarantee playtime, as I have that day off work... I live in Mountain Time, and can be available all day, all hours.

I'm also including "hidden" prizes for people who fulfill certain requirements. These won't be announced unless someone does complete them, or after the game is complete.

>inb4 things like First Kill, or extremely silly deaths.

Great timing. Now I have to wake up at 5am in the morning. Or not sleep at all. Also, its a Sunday for me. (Oh yeah its a Monday)
I will be sleepy. I will be cranky. I will see a reason to rip your head off for every little thing you do.

Beware the penis. It will be coming for you.

Apologies to vorsy and zen, but I'd like to switch to Theo's team please.
Done.
also can gurwarantee playtime, as I have that day off work... I live in Mountain Time, and can be available all day, all hours.

>inb4 things like First Kill, or extremely silly deaths.
Wooo Mountain time for the wiiiiiiiiin.

I was thinking more along the lines of "The game is won by a Solo Warrior by being the last man standing - Title: Spartan - Prize: Life-Size MJOLNIR Helmet." That may or may not end up being one of them, but something along those lines.
I'll probably be unable to make it, 7am on a school day is simply unfeasible for me.
Alright. (personally I'd call in sick for one day, but I'm not you and I understand)

I had an idea: could we enable regeneration for the beginning of the game, then turn it off after a half an hour or something?

Edit: I had another idea: would we be able to set up a dynamic map for the last half hour or so, in case we have 2+ teams that can't find each other?

I had an idea: could we enable regeneration for the beginning of the game, then turn it off after a half an hour or something?

Edit: I had another idea: would we be able to set up a dynamic map for the last half hour or so, in case we have 2+ teams that can't find each other?
1. I could, but nope. No reason to extend the game length. 4 hours is more than enough.
2. If you can find a dynamic map compatible with the snapshot, I'll consider it.

So I was doing some practice just now and discovered this:
2013-06-12_23.08.33.png
2013-06-12_23.08.38.png
Some sort of temporary health boost! It may be important to note that I crafted the apple with ingots as I'm not completely sure whether setting the game-rule also changes the recipe. I think I was down 2.5 hearts, so it would seem that golden apples restore 4. When the extra hearts (the health boost) first appeared, they were empty, so they function as a temporary buffer boost only. I would advise that unless you know you are about to be in an intense melee battle, you only eat an apple at or bellow 6 hearts.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
After the health boost wears off, you lose two hearts of health!

So on the topic of the tournament, I'm not completely sure. I should be able to make at least some of it, perhaps being an hour or so late. Don't take this as final word, as I have yet to figure out my exact time-frame.

So I was doing some practice just now and discovered this:
View attachment 140189
View attachment 140190
Some sort of temporary health boost! It may be important to note that I crafted the apple with ingots as I'm not completely sure whether setting the game-rule also changes the recipe. I think I was down 2.5 hearts, so it would seem that golden apples restore 4. When the extra hearts (the health boost) first appeared, they were empty, so they function as a temporary buffer only. I would advise that unless you know you are about to be in an intense melee battle, you only eat an apple at or bellow 6 hearts.
that's been around for a bit

I apologize if these questions have already been answered I'm about to go to work and I wanted to ask:
Are we allowed to "team up"? Like, say a few solo warriors, or two teams, bump in to each other and they decide they want to work together, wipe out the other teams, then turn on each other in a duel at the end. Is that okay, or does that constitute as "cheating"? Since I know cheating to be use of mods i.e. x-ray.
Also, does hardcore mode boost the damage and aggression of the mobs, or just enable perma-death, etc.?

Now, I'm not too sure if I'd be a liability, or an asset to a team where-as I don't play games like this much, so if you want to take a chance with me on your team, let me know and I'll join. Edit: Or, you can just join mine :p
For now, however, I'll sign up as a solo warrior.

In-Game Name: Pixiel
Timezone: Hooray 5pm - 10pm
Team: Zombie Dust

I apologize if these questions have already been answered I'm about to go to work and I wanted to ask:
Are we allowed to "team up"? Like, say a few solo warriors, or two teams, bump in to each other and they decide they want to work together, wipe out the other teams, then turn on each other in a duel at the end. Is that okay, or does that constitute as "cheating"? Since I know cheating to be use of mods i.e. x-ray.
Also, does hardcore mode boost the damage and aggression of the mobs, or just enable perma-death, etc.?

Now, I'm not too sure if I'd be a liability, or an asset to a team where-as I don't play games like this much, so if you want to take a chance with me on your team, let me know and I'll join.
For now, however, I'll sign up as a solo warrior.

In-Game Name: Pixiel
Timezone: Hooray 5pm - 10pm
Team: Zombie Dust
Teaming up: Sure, if you want to.
Hardcore mode: Higher health, a full hunger bar doesn't refill your health, and perma-death.
Team: This is not a color I can do - and colors are reserved for actual teams :p Otherwise; done.

Teaming up: Sure, if you want to.
Hardcore mode: Higher health, a full hunger bar doesn't refill your health, and perma-death.
Team: This is not a color I can do - and colors are reserved for actual teams :p Otherwise; done.
The color was just for fun.. because zombie.. and because olive ^_^

Well, off to work <3 Have a good day everyone x3

Announcement:

The competition will begin at 15:00 MDT. For what time that is in your current local time, check out this link and scroll down a bit, find your city or the closest one to you in the list.

https://t9k.me/2t9

Please ensure you can be online at this time and for approximately 4-5 hours afterwards. I know that this won't fit everyone's schedules (yes, Vorsprung, you're going to have to wake up early on a weekend), but I tried to balance the times as well as I could.

If you CAN'T be on at this time, let me know as soon as possible and I'll remove you from the participant list.
Don't like sleep sleep is for kids
But I might need to figure out timing because I've got PROFESSIONAL SPORT to go to on the weekend, as well as a hot date
Can't miss that shit eh
If in doubt, message me on Steam

Also get Motorkat on my team, Treetop Farms represent

Back