Guns and gun hobbiest thread...

klinkman

Just for anyone else interested in hobby shooting, sport shooting or hunting.

Ill start off with a funny compilation of failing with guns.
http://acidcow.com/pics/20101118/video/gun_fails.flv

For people wondering what the men are shooting at around 1:20 in clip, it is the .577 tyrannosaur cartridge, you can read about here and here is a little vid of a .700 nitro express. Seen here

Personally i like to shoot whenever i can just as a hobby mostly. I hunt birds and dear both as well when the season permits. I would love to get on a hunt to the outback, africa, or canada for some large game at some point.
In my gun safe now:
AR-15 (cheap cmmg fun rifle that i use for range)
AR-15 (Nice Rockriver arms rifle i have all my expensive toys on)
Magnum Research Desert Eagle .50 ae (Brushed chrome finish)
Magnum Research Baby Eagle 9mm (two of these, one with rail, one without)
Magnum Research Baby Eagle .40 (with rail)
Remington R700 in .308 with a Millet Scope (zombie head hunter)
Few hunting shotguns, one for birds, one for sporting clays, one for turkeys
Mosberg 500 mariner Home defense shotgun (this stays by my bed on this
Sauer and sons .32 (WW2 nazi issue side arm, i am researching serial number to find who it was issued to)
Ruger .22 revolver
Misc other .22 revolvers
Winchester .22 mag rifle

I am forgetting some but that covers the basics. I keep 1000 rounds of each caliber minimum so I am ready for the soviets and the zombies. Or worst case scenario, soviet zombies.
I carry one of my baby eagle 9mm's daily and have since Kansas passed there CCW laws.
I am looking for a Magnum Research stainless steel .45 if anyone happens to know of one :).
Anyone else a collector?
I am in the kansas city area and i go to the range with buddies often if anyone local wants to join.

Klink

Birds ask for it. Flying around all high and mighty, what with there wings and sh*t. SCREW THEM FOR JUDGING ME!!!
Turkey are delicous, not my fault.
Deer, well, deer scared an ex-GF of mine, she feared them. And they too are very yummy, also, not my fault!
Pics, yes, i just checked my imgur, picasa and even old photobucket and i cant find the album, im sure i have a backup here some place... the computer search begins.

Yeah, I love seeing people fail with guns. They don't quite comprehend that guns have :O RECOIL!?

Oh you Americans and your guns...

It is what it is.

I have a kel-tec 32 for conceal and carry purposes, small and durable, and it was a gift.
we have a taurus p-22 which is just for fun.
We also have a fully composite AK47
We have a fully composite SKS with folding stock and bipod,
we have a remmington 30-30
we have a 38 special my father inlaw carried in vietnam
we have a glock 19 that my father in law carries now
a couple 22 rifles a gunsmith buddie made for us as well as a muzzle loader .50 cal that he made also.
we also had a M1 Garrand that saw use in WWII but we just traded it off, but man was that thing fun to shoot.
and an over under breakload shotgun

we dont really hunt most of that is for home protection and target shooting.

Next time 100 burglers try to break into your house at the same time, you will be more than prepared.

we keep probably have close to three thousand rounds of ammo for the ak and sks, about 200 for the glock and kel tec and 500 for the .22's and about 100 or so for each of the rest of them......you almost cant tell I live in the south.

review vid of my kel-tec this guy did, I love this firearm, and for the price it is a great carry peice, does not have the power of a 9mm or .45 but it does its job well.

and then something I would love to have or at least get the chance to play with, but its a little difficult because federal laws prohibit its sale to civilians.

its so pretty.

I abandoned my own thread for a while. Sorry.
Guite, i assume by your comments that you are inviting me up to go hunting with you. I accept your offer.

The keltec is a fine gun, for a back up on my ankle, not my main carry weapon though. No way.

Getting a new Mossberg next month, looking forward to that.

I abandoned my own thread for a while. Sorry.
Guite, i assume by your comments that you are inviting me up to go hunting with you. I accept your offer.

The keltec is a fine gun, for a back up on my ankle, not my main carry weapon though. No way.

Getting a new Mossberg next month, looking forward to that.

I would much rather carry the compact glock 19 over the kel tec if I could afford one right now, and given the choice I would also rather have the keltec p-11 over the p-32 just to have the 9mm round, but magsafe makes some beautiful prefragmented .32 rounds, I definately need to get some of those, only thing is they are kinda pricy, but it is what it is I guess.

Back