Guns and gun hobbiest thread...

I keep saying that I'm going to apply for my FOID card, but I just never get around to it. I need to start stocking up for the zombie apocalypse. Those ammo cache's in left for dead don't make themselves you know.

I take it you live in Illinois.
You should do it. Get your card, get something to take to the range.
Not sure how much the card paperwork costs you, but it is worth it. :)

I absolutly love florida, the gun laws here are strictly enforced but are fairly lax in comparison to other states and getting a concealed weapons permit is very afordable, and we have the castle law.

Florida is nice because your CCW has reciprocity with more states than any other. Like 33 or something. Meaning you can carry in those states with your florida CCW. Kansas is very good too, especially since they only passed CCW a few years ago, I think we are at 23 states and counting.
Or they could quit messing around and just make it a federal law already. Stupid liberal gun control laws. So naive.

Florida is nice because your CCW has reciprocity with more states than any other. Like 33 or something. Meaning you can carry in those states with your florida CCW. Kansas is very good too, especially since they only passed CCW a few years ago, I think we are at 23 states and counting.
Or they could quit messing around and just make it a federal law already. Stupid liberal gun control laws. So naive.

I completely agree, federal law would be so much better, however it would probably cost a lot more, My father in law had his federal firearms licence and it finnaly expired and to renew they wanted like $900....so it could turn out like that as well, and florida is awesome with its laws already, so I am not necessarily pushing for the move to federal and it wouldnt necessarily need to move to federal law if all the states rolled over and allowed to carry with a ccw, so six one half dozen.

I take it you live in Illinois.
You should do it. Get your card, get something to take to the range.
Not sure how much the card paperwork costs you, but it is worth it. :)

I may look into doing it over Christmas break. I don't actually have any money to purchase a gun... nor anywhere to really story it (They get a little nervous about that thing on a college campus... who would have thought?)

Jokes about the zombie apocalypse aside, I kind of want to get a shot gun just to get one. I would probably take it to the range, even though I've never fired a gun before... if only to shoot.

I may look into doing it over Christmas break. I don't actually have any money to purchase a gun... nor anywhere to really story it (They get a little nervous about that thing on a college campus... who would have thought?)

Jokes about the zombie apocalypse aside, I kind of want to get a shot gun just to get one. I would probably take it to the range, even though I've never fired a gun before... if only to shoot.

in regards to carrying or owning a gun, because you live on a college campus, I would speak with the administration if it is a private college to find out the rules regarding firearms, if it is a state college, it is a big no no, and even if it is a private college it will more than likely be a big no no as well because of laws prohibiting civilian carry in government buildings, banks, and schools....so you may be out of luck there,

in terms of firearms purchases, do some research, in my(and numerous others) opinon, glock is the best and most reliable firearms, however they are a bit pricey, but there are several others that are in a decent price range, the Kel-Tec P-11 which gives you the 9mm round in a very small package, usually retails at about $250 and if you get a chance, check out the gun shows and the private dealers and see what is available, just do the research on the state laws, and research the various firearms and just look for the deals.

Bennelli makes a beautiful shotgun if you are in the market, the Benelli nova or the Benelli supernova, beautiful pump shotguns, hold 8 rounds great for hunting and skeet shooting and all around fun to shoot.

damn me for living on the west side where califorrnia has gun laws surrounding gun laws and in which there are still guns out and about.

Im about to shed a cry D:

I met someone today who said firearms should
be outlawed, I replied that wouldn't work, that would only keep firearms out of the hands of honest citizens and not criminals, to which he replied "Then we can use martial arts and stuff, they have techniques for those kinds of situations!"

God damn you cartoons.

Back